mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

If anyone is interested I just ordered the set off John Lewis for £89.99 delivered.

5 hours ago, emm said:

If anyone is interested I just ordered the set off John Lewis for £89.99 delivered.

I checked; and they had 14 people looking at it when I was there too.  Not sure if they would ship to the US or Europe, but checking all the stores in the UK for store stock; they don't seem to have any ???...

12 minutes ago, Wimmer said:

I checked; and they had 14 people looking at it when I was there too.  Not sure if they would ship to the US or Europe, but checking all the stores in the UK for store stock; they don't seem to have any ???...

Well it hasn’t actually been released yet - these are I’m guessing preorders that will ship 1st July.

10 minutes ago, Carefree_Dude said:

So does this include the motor and battery box?

Nope, you have to add them from your collection or buy them seperately. Would be really, really cheap if these were included.

1 hour ago, Amoreternum said:

Nope, you have to add them from your collection or buy them seperately. Would be really, really cheap if these were included.

And that’s why a couple of members already hinted to buy the two items on Bricklink; in some earlier posts here...

I did as well; for both for around $40.00 instead of paying almost $80.00 at LEGO...:pir-huzzah2:

1 hour ago, Wimmer said:

And that’s why a couple of members already hinted to buy the two items on Bricklink; in some earlier posts here...

I did as well; for both for around $40.00 instead of paying almost $80.00 at LEGO...:pir-huzzah2:

But now prices have gone up :/ 40€ for a hub. That's almost lego price

5 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

Make sure you look at the component, not the set, on BrickLink.

6 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

BL Prices for bb0892c01 in Germany start with 23€, cond new ,Qty 24

Hi there, no battery box or motor included just the train.

its due to turn up on Sunday so will let you know if it comes. It didn’t say pre-order and they have give a pm slot.

I am expected John Lewis to have made an error and delay the order.

Edited by emm

Lol and there you have it...

I thought I'd prepare for this set by buying a hub and an L motor. Now the dutch lego shop mentions I will need 2 medium motors  88008 for this set...

24 minutes ago, duifkelego said:

Now the dutch lego shop mentions I will need 2 medium motors  88008 for this set...

Might work, but it's not the intended solution (and the other LEGO  sites, i.e. german site , are different...)

Have a look here:

https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/product/crocodile-locomotive-10277

and the the 5th picture, showing the back of the box.

Edited by Lok24

I guess I'll have to do both solutions... :pir_laugh2:

Maybe even frankenstein 2 motors to 1 channel and see if I can control them with the remote only so I can still drive some LEDs on the other channel. 

wait... wut , now I'm planning to buy 3 ? ......

Just now, duifkelego said:

Maybe even frankenstein 2 motors to 1 channel and see if I can control them with the remote only so I can still drive some LEDs on the other channel.

I think it will be very difficult (if not impossible)  to add two motors + hub in the cabin(!)

Motors had to be vertical then....

1 hour ago, duifkelego said:

I thought I'd prepare for this set by buying a hub and an L motor. Now the dutch lego shop mentions I will need 2 medium motors  88008 for this set...

I guess someone didn't double check the technical aspect of the translation before going live.  It doesn't even jive what's on the product's box.  :pir_laugh2:

Thanks emm for the John Lewis tip. I did a click and collect order yesterday which I have just picked up. ?

Its now sitting on the table waiting to be built over the rest of the weekend. I’ll need my Bricklink order to arrive for the motor though so hopefully that won’t take too long.

4 hours ago, duifkelego said:

I guess I'll have to do both solutions... :pir_laugh2:

wait... wut , now I'm planning to buy 3 ? ......

Yes, three...   That’s ok; I’m planning on getting two or three as well...  :wink:

Besides, these loco’s were running a lot in tandem together, so getting two and putting them behind each other would be looking like real life,... and awesome; I just have to “fudge” with the serial number of the second one somehow, since you can’t have two identical numbers next to each other ?...:blush:

Edited by Wimmer

No Problem @Itrain. I think John Lewis made a mistake and haven’t picked up on it yet.

Happy I could help.

Is it known what, if any, unique parts there are to this set?

I guess we could argue that the sticker sheet (if there's more than just the one for the display plaque) could be considered "a part". Also, we have printed parts unique to that set...

I guess what I mean is: aside from parts with printed designs on them, and stickers, are there new parts, or parts in new colors? I'm curious about how feasible it would be to build one of these out of an existing collection or through Bricklink (again, ignoring stickers and printed pieces).

6 hours ago, Phoxtane said:

Is it known what, if any, unique parts there are to this set?

I guess we could argue that the sticker sheet (if there's more than just the one for the display plaque) could be considered "a part". Also, we have printed parts unique to that set...

I guess what I mean is: aside from parts with printed designs on them, and stickers, are there new parts, or parts in new colors? I'm curious about how feasible it would be to build one of these out of an existing collection or through Bricklink (again, ignoring stickers and printed pieces).

Well, give yourself a few more days and you’ll be able to look at the parts list from this set.

I think the only two other colors they were used in were red and dark green. I would only go for the dark green ( because I don’t like red “anything’s”... except maybe women ?... :wink:)

It would be nice to buy two of them and convert one of them to the green and then have them in “tandem operation” on the (big; now two together) stand together.... :wub_drool:

Edited by Wimmer

19 hours ago, duifkelego said:

That's clearly a mistake, there's no space for 2 motors inside. Here's a quick test with Power Functions & BuWizz:

Can anyone remember the exact date that the PU app was updated for the Haunted House?  Just as a pointer as to when the Crocodile update will come.