mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

1 hour ago, Bricks-on-Rails said:

Thank you Bartybum, that sounds great. Just to quote Gloria Gaynor "At first I was afraid, I was petrified" ...but in the end "I will survive" unless lego publishes an E94 next year. :pir_wacko: This one sells similarly well (It was presented here in March by LEGO Train 12 Volts).

If that means they bring back some parts in dark green, like the grille brick, wouldn't that be good news for you?

1 hour ago, dim_bricks said:

Found this set in pre order on a swedish website with the 2 july date indicated. 

Maybe it's an error but that seller even has a new picture of the set.

Could you send me a PM with the link too? :)

2 hours ago, dim_bricks said:

PM sent.

Thank you!   
Credit goes to @dim_bricks for this but as somebody else requested it and more to come will I’m gonna share the link he sent me:

https://www.blocket.se/annons/flera platser/forboka_lego_creator_expert_krokodillok_10277/90332454

Also, for those interested,

983 Swedish Krone is:

US$107.09

£84.07

€94.42

From this, I think we can expect either £85 in the UK (same as Lunar Lander and Harley) which would give €90 and US$100, or £80 which would give €80 and $90.  

Edited by Vilhelm22
Accidental deletion, price conversions

11 minutes ago, Mr Hobbles said:

I found a new front picture of it, and it really does look gorgeous. I can't wait!

Yes, this picture comes from the link you can see above.

Thanks for the link! Interesting that they have the full sales description from Lego. That must mean that press releases must have gone out already, and fan sites and retailers are under embargo not to publish until told by Lego.

My guess is the reveal will be next week, if not this.

44 minutes ago, dim_bricks said:

In the description it says we have to add 88009 and 88013 to motorize this locomotive.

Nice to know!  I wonder if 88013 goes in the cab or the nose?

If it’s the nose, will the two noses be distinctly different designs on the interior? 

Edited by Vilhelm22

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Nice to know!  I wonder if 88013 goes in the cab or the nose?

If it’s the nose, will the two noses be distinctly different designs on the interior? 

Because only one motor is required, I expect a motorization solution in the cab in the middle. The two noses will probably be identical. The two axles beneath the cabin will be driven are fixed in their direction and cannot steer. The design is like a three wagon solution, which are connected with liftarms or anything else. 

2 minutes ago, Elektrychka said:

I wonder if it will be easily possible to motorise it with older Power Functions.

Sure, put batterybox and receiver in the cab and a motor in the "nose"

Edited by Lok24

4 hours ago, Mr Hobbles said:

Thanks for the link! Interesting that they have the full sales description from Lego. That must mean that press releases must have gone out already, and fan sites and retailers are under embargo not to publish until told by Lego.

My guess is the reveal will be next week, if not this.

The new Haunted House was announced on the 13th May prior to sale on the 1st June, so here’s hoping for a similar timeframe here and an official announcement will come in the next few days :)

4 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Thank you!   
Credit goes to @dim_bricks for this but as somebody else requested it and more to come will I’m gonna share the link he sent me:

https://www.blocket.se/annons/flera platser/forboka_lego_creator_expert_krokodillok_10277/90332454

Also, for those interested,

983 Swedish Krone is:

US$107.09

£84.07

€94.42

From this, I think we can expect either £85 in the UK (same as Lunar Lander and Harley) which would give €90 and US$100, or £80 which would give €80 and $90.

Actually it says that the official price is SEK 1229 - BUT THEY are selling it for SEK 983 

...and SEK 1229 is almost equal to DKK 899 which is very likely what the price will be here in Denmark

Edited by vclarke

Any rumors if there will be a firmware update for the hub that allows speed control with the Technic motors and the train remote? 

8 hours ago, Bricks-on-Rails said:

The two axles beneath the cabin will be driven are fixed in their direction and cannot steer. The design is like a three wagon solution, which are connected with liftarms or anything else. 

Man I hate that they went for this solution. It’s such a lame cop out, especially since it’s been done properly in MOCs and runs well. They totally should’ve routed the power into each bogie

Edited by Bartybum

12 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

983 Swedish Krone is:

Well, it says their "special" price is 983 Swedish Kroner.

List Price seems to be 1229 Kroner. Yeah, maybe it's a marketing thing. Just to have it said..

9 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

Any rumors if there will be a firmware update for the hub that allows speed control with the Technic motors and the train remote? 

That would be very strange.
As shown in the past the set will be included in the list of set-icons, there will we a seperate surface for the train, like with the disney train or the haunted house.

A change of the behavior would not be funny who use the remote (it's not a "train" remote") with cars or the move hub.

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Man I hate that they went for this solution. It’s such a lame cop out, especially since it’s been done properly in MOCs and runs well. They totally should’ve routed the power into each bogie

your referre to a rumor.....:wink:

Edited by Lok24

45 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

That would be very strange.
As shown in the past the set will be included in the list of set-icons, there will we a seperate surface for the train, like with the disney train or the haunted house.

A change of the behavior would not be funny who use the remote (it's not a "train" remote") with cars or the move hub.

But wouldn't speed control instead of on/off be better for cars, too?

Just now, legotownlinz said:

But wouldn't speed control instead of on/off be better for cars, too?

Sorry I did not mean "cars" but constructions like the batmobile where you use  on/off of one motor for steering. Like Batmobile, like Boost

In standalone it doest just the same as the PF remote with two levers, and all technic modells had that for years.

56 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

your referre to a rumor.....

Technically yes, but you don't need much to figure out this is exactly what they're doing. Why else would they:

• separate the driving rods from the wheels in the middle, and
  • have all six wheels flanged

If the wheel configuration was set up realistically, either the innermost driving wheels or the middle driving wheels would have no flanges or else it couldn't go around corners. Since all three axles per end have flanges, and the drivers don't extend to the innermost wheels, it indicates that the innermost wheels will be fixed to the middle section.

Edited by Bartybum

That sounds logically.
Let's see what happens. But now I fear you are right....

That being said, the innermost AND outermost "driving" wheels all have rubber bands, so that leaves open the opportunity to modify this set to articulate realistically for those of us who don't have spare Lego rubber bands on standby. Shame they're not black :tongue:

Edited by Bartybum

7 hours ago, BrickMusher said:

Well, it says their "special" price is 983 Swedish Kroner.

List Price seems to be 1229 Kroner. Yeah, maybe it's a marketing thing. Just to have it said..

Yeah I see that now.

OK, SEK1229 is:

£104.40

€117.31

$133.42

Rounding this, I would guess £100, €110, $130.  From stuff I’ve learned in the past, I believe that products in Sweden are generally quite expensive, so I’ve decided to round down.