mapimi

Lego 10277 - Crocodile Locomotive

LEGO-18-10277-Crocodile-Locomotive-6ZYN5-14-1024x713.jpg

Just saw images of a future ex Creator Expert train set, lego 10277, Crocodile in brown with 1271 pieces

Would you like to share at least where you saw them? I’d be interested to see that.

Oh wow, that's a beauty! I have the two previous Lego Crocodile locos, but I'd grab that one in an instant. :grin:

1 hour ago, mapimi said:

It was on facebook, I saved the image, here's a link to it. If I'm breaking any rules I'll take it down. 

https://imgur.com/a/soTJJ4u

Thanks for the info:sweet: Unsure if it is braking the rule or not :shrug_oh_well:

Train!! I know there are several D2C coming this year, but did not even consider one of them to be a train so many years since last one (7 years) *oh2*

Looks a lot like this one: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b100be81-413e-4aa8-98f2-f2c68354f5ed (makes sense of course as it has the same original Swiss crocodile as starting point). My brown crocodile (that was destroyed partially by some visiting child not too long ago...) does not look that slick at all ;) 1271 pieces seems to be not that much for such a large train though. That should at least keep the price hopefully somewhat down.

Here is a Märklin version also in brown: https://www.reynaulds.com/products/Marklin/39565.aspx

Oh wow, was not expecting that eh, almost looks more of a display piece than a train to run around the track.

The track looks a bit funny in the image, but maybe it's the angle of the picture.

2 minutes ago, crowe-k said:

Set 10277 is a Star Wars ship....perhaps this is a fake?

Brickset lists 10277 as a 2020 release. Perhaps you are thinking of 10227? 

I am so excited for it. With the +18 age we can see on the box, can we say it's like an UCS train ?

Edited by dim_bricks

There is another photo floating out there that shows two minifigures and more detail. I'm starting to lean toward this leak being real. 

As this Crocodile locomotive comes without waggon in this box, can we expect other train sets like wagons that we can buy at unity ? Like the Santa Fe in 2002 ? 

5 minutes ago, dim_bricks said:

As this Crocodile locomotive comes without waggon in this box, can we expect other train sets like wagons that we can buy at unity ? Like the Santa Fe in 2002 ? 

I doubt it. Every time Lego has tried this, the sets have performed badly. Just create your own. :wink:

6 minutes ago, dim_bricks said:

Nope :sadnew: It is 7 years since train fans got a similar set and almost 20 years since Lego made sets that only had a wagon so do not keep your hopes up :wink:
Trains sell less than cars in the same price range that is why they do not make them so often any more..

2 hours ago, dim_bricks said:

I am so excited for it. With the +18 age we can see on the box, can we say it's like an UCS train ?

Considering that Ultimate Collector Series is a Star Wars sub-theme I'd say no...

13 minutes ago, Rizwanul said:

It seems like another 8 wide train ☹️

It seems like it's an 8-wide train :-D

The brown croc was prototyped in the 80's ..  +35 years is a wee bit long in development hell :pir-huzzah1:

That's actually not even the most interesting thing about this, 1974. See, there was a rumor going around that Lego was gonna be reviving something classic this year. People assumed it was a theme of some kind. And that's understandable, because I don't think anyone would have guessed that it would turn out to be a revival of an old 12v train prototype that never was released.

und360x230us0tog4.jpg

Edited by Zarkan

I'll be honest I really do like it and think that it's a great display piece, even with the display track with the information(?) tile in the very back. But I don't know about the whole "18+" theme in general. Will it help boost sales of it? Lower it? I don't know. If it's successful then maybe we can see more "18+" trains?

According to a better picture posted on Facebook, the track is normal 6-wide but made out of 8x?? plates with rails consisting of a single plate with the rail piece 3228c on top of it to raise it above the sleepers. Looks very legit and beautiful.

51 minutes ago, Phil B said:

According to a better picture posted on Facebook, the track is normal 6-wide but made out of 8x?? plates with rails consisting of a single plate with the rail piece 3228c on top of it to raise it above the sleepers. Looks very legit and beautiful.

I hid your other topic. https://www.brickchannel.de/post/lego-10277-das-crocodile-da-freuen-sich-die-eisenbahnfans It seems the train will be 99€. That is not a bad price I think for such a nice train!

@Zarkan, interesting that that picture was from 1974, still the 'blue era', but they already show gray track there! Of course ages before the internet, so no leaks like today.

Question is if we will be able to add Power Functions/Power Up to make it run in tracks. It does not seen to be able to handle curves very well.

8 minutes ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Question is if we will be able to add Power Functions/Power Up to make it run in tracks. It does not seen to be able to handle curves very well.

I don't see any Powered App signs on the box so I'm quite sure it will be released without it, but it might then still be possible to add it though. Mine didn't have any problems with corners but is less long (more like the 4551). 

Also see the one from @LEGO Train 12 Volts which also seems to have no curve problems (that is where blind wheels are for) but is as far as I can see as long as the 10277: