Sign in to follow this  
rock raider

[MOC] Space Man Spiff's Saucer

Oh no! Space Man Spiff is hurtling towards the surface of an unknown alien world. He's going to scratch the new paint job!

49913149736_545abf3d27_c.jpg

I've been on a Calvin and Hobbes kick recently and just couldn't resist recreating Calvin's most iconic fantasy

49912632713_47e77da881_c.jpg

I just love the idea of cruising through space in a shiny hot rod red spaceship.

49923990968_10435e5462_c.jpg

Click if you're interested in the construction of the craft

Spoiler

49924511586_c9ec2aa42d_c.jpg

49923992158_9f8d79ba82_c.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always, constructive feedback is welcome.

Edited by rock raider

Ooh... Very cool! I used to read Calvin and Hobbes every night when I was a kid, and this brought back some memories! Your build looks great, though! The technique you used to hold it all together is quite ingenious, much better than anything I could do. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more of your MOCs in the future! 

Wow, totally nailed it in every regard. Even the minifig!

Loved Calvin and Hobbes. Got me through some tough times growing up. I nearly cried when I read the last strip.

21 hours ago, MrSean7310 said:

Ooh... Very cool! I used to read Calvin and Hobbes every night when I was a kid, and this brought back some memories! Your build looks great, though! The technique you used to hold it all together is quite ingenious, much better than anything I could do. Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more of your MOCs in the future! 

Thank you, such compliments, more MOCs are certainly coming.

20 hours ago, icm said:

Really nice build there, and a stupendous custom minifig too!  How much did the parts cost for this version?  I built a Spiffcraft in Studio a while ago, based on one I found on Flickr, but I haven't ordered parts for it yet.

A stupendous... man, you might say? :wink: The parts for this cost me about 15-20 USD on Bricklink. The most expensive part was the hair and I'm still trying to source this part for Spiff's Zorcher.

8 hours ago, danth said:

Wow, totally nailed it in every regard. Even the minifig!

Loved Calvin and Hobbes. Got me through some tough times growing up. I nearly cried when I read the last strip.

Thank you! That is high praise. Calvin and Hobbes was definitely very important to me as well.