Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, fantasticfootno said:

While I would have liked it to be a different netflix show, (Seriously, Lego has their prior partnership with them, it would be nice to get more collabs with popular shows) I think Buffalo is Wednesday. Quite a few Wednesday and Addams family projects have hit 10k on ideas, the Brickheadz would prob be wednesday and her roommate. And I could see the argument for the show being aimed at girls. 

That’s been brought up before, but there’s still the glaring fact that Buffalo’s sets are rated 10+ and Wednesday’s blood and gore means it’s very firmly teen rated. I’d expect any sets based on that IP to be rated 14+ irregardless of building techniques.

The 10+ rating suggests a more family friendly property - possibly a little more intense than whatever Bright is or maybe just something with prominent non-human characters (10+ seems to be a common rating for buildable creatures across themes). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I still believe that Buffalo is an One Piece Live Action theme. October 20 of this year will be the 25th anniversary of the One Piece anime so perhaps LEGO will take advantage of the occasion to release a full theme. The dates and age range fit, plus the Brickheadz two-pack can be Luffy and Zoro (or Luffy and Nami) while the sets are the main ships of the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who was the source for this rumor that both bright and buffalo are "girls" themes? Like I've been seeing it repeated here, but I haven't seen a source for it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fantasticfootno said:

Who was the source for this rumor that both bright and buffalo are "girls" themes? Like I've been seeing it repeated here, but I haven't seen a source for it yet.

The only source I could find was a moderator on the legoleak subreddit, so take that for what it's worth :shrug_oh_well: I'm rather skeptical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2024 at 8:55 AM, Portal Out said:

Supposedly the new Wallace and Gromit movie is premiering on Netflix later this year, maybe that release could be big enough to warrant a couple sets? I know Lego’s pretty wary of doing IP’s that aren’t globally popular, but I think it’s a fair candidate.

This is kind of a long shot, but there’s also a Tomb Raider animated series coming this year on Netflix too. We don’t really know what angle they’re taking with it yet, so there’s a chance they could do a She-Ra thing and go after the tween girl demographic that these sets are supposedly targeting? Both of these are definitely stretching the info we have lol

Would love to see some Wallace & Gromit sets. If they can produce sets on the older films, there's plenty of content. The orange rocket to the moon, the wrong trousers, the Feathers McGraw chase scene... rife with opportunities :laugh: Aardman recently partnered with build your own kits and won awards for their papercraft models, I'm going to put my tinfoil hat on and say it seems like a no brainer for LEGO and Aardman to work together. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jonwil said:

Has LEGO ever done sets based on an anime before?

 

Depends on if you think ATLA counts as anime, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Karalora said:

Depends on if you think ATLA counts as anime, I guess.

That’s animation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Lion King said:

 

5 hours ago, Karalora said:

Depends on if you think ATLA counts as anime, I guess.

That’s animation?

 

Yes, ATLA is western animation, but it borrows several stylistic choices from anime, so some people consider it borderline. For the purposes of legalities though, no it isn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Yes, ATLA is western animation, but it borrows several stylistic choices from anime, so some people consider it borderline. For the purposes of legalities though, no it isn’t. 

Not just the visual style, but the content and the serialization at a time when it was almost unheard of for Western cartoons to be serialized rather than purely episodic. The first time I randomly caught an episode (never having heard of it before), I would have sworn it was actual anime, produced in Japan. We used to call it "American anime," intended as high praise.

Insofar as anime is defined as animation produced in Japan, for a Japanese audience...ATLA is not anime. But if you're wondering about the suitability of anime for LEGO sets, style and content are probably more relevant than mere country of origin, and in fact they have made sets for a show that is disqualified from being anime only due to country of origin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karalora said:

Not just the visual style, but the content and the serialization at a time when it was almost unheard of for Western cartoons to be serialized rather than purely episodic. The first time I randomly caught an episode (never having heard of it before), I would have sworn it was actual anime, produced in Japan. We used to call it "American anime," intended as high praise.

Insofar as anime is defined as animation produced in Japan, for a Japanese audience...ATLA is not anime. But if you're wondering about the suitability of anime for LEGO sets, style and content are probably more relevant than mere country of origin, and in fact they have made sets for a show that is disqualified from being anime only due to country of origin.

Spot on. That’s what I thought ATLA is not an anime. 

To answer jnowil’s quesiton, I don’t think Lego has done anything based off anime out of Western sphere, like Dragonball, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, One Piece, Naruto and others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jonwil said:

Hmmm, does Voltron count?

 

Nope i think it’s a Wester animation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2024 at 6:48 PM, jonwil said:

Hmmm, does Voltron count?

 

Yes, it does.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:05 AM, Lion King said:

Nope i think it’s a Wester animation. 

Actually, it was adapted from a Japanese series Beast King Go-Lion before World Events Productions edited and dubbed it into English for Western audiences.

Edited by MatthewRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Yes, it does.

Actually, it was adapted from a Japanese series Beast King Go-Lion before World Events Productions edited and dubbed it into English for Western audiences.

Not really - Volton was created by American folks after King Go-Lion so i consider it as a Western animation, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Not really - Volton was created by American folks after King Go-Lion so i consider it as a Western animation, I guess. 

Or it could be both Eastern and Western animation at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, I would love to see some standalone sets that bases off Japanese anime’s, like Digimon, Pokemon, One Piece, Naruto, Dragonball, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc… Or best, Studio Gihbil. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lego just teased as set for Wicked?! Especially since the trailer just got shown off.

image.png.d1a6026b66a98391b178aa49f60a2c22.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it is Wicked! Based on Brickclicker, it looks like it's the "Bright" theme. Only Buffalo left to speculate about...

75681: $29.99

75682: $49.99

75683: $59.99

75684: $89.99

Releases: October 1st

Edited by JohnTPT17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow this doesnt surprise me

With The LEGO Movie 2 it was very clear someone over there really likes Wizard of Oz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Looks like it is Wicked! Based on Brickclicker, it looks like it's the "Bright" theme. Only Buffalo left to speculate about...

75681: $29.99

75682: $49.99

75683: $59.99

75684: $89.99

Releases: October 1st

Huh, not something I would have guessed, but it looks like at least one of those two new themes is a female focused tv/movie property. That lends credibility to the rumors that both new themes are “for girls” and the remaining ‘Buffalo’ theme is additionally a Netflix property. 
 

I’m betting that $90 set is going to be great for anyone who loves trans green parts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More details for Wicked, Wednesday (Buffalo - RIP ATLA sets), and Fortnite, courtesy of maxbaut (who is reputable):

  • Lego Wicked (Bright)
    • 75681 - 304 pieces - 29.99 Euros
    • 75682 - 558 pieces - 49.99 Euros
    • 75683 - 59.99 Euros (no part count)
    • 75684 - 945 pieces - 89.99 Euros
  • Lego Wednesday (Buffalo)
    • 40750 - Wednesday Brickheadz - 239 Pieces - 9.99 Euros
    • 76780 - 702 pieces - 49.99 Euros
    • 76781 - 750 pieces - 79.99 Euros
  • Lego Fortnite (Juno)
    • 40728 GWP - 151 pieces
    • 77070 - 193 Pieces - 29.99 Euros
    • 77071 (Loot Llama?) - 691 Pieces - 39.99 Euros
    • 77072 (Peely Bone?) - 59.99 Euros
    • 77073 - 954 Pieces - 79.99 Euros
    • 77074 (Art Set?) - 119.99 Euros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

More details for Wicked, Wednesday (Buffalo - RIP ATLA sets), and Fortnite, courtesy of maxbaut (who is reputable):

  • Lego Wicked (Bright)
    • 75681 - 304 pieces - 29.99 Euros
    • 75682 - 558 pieces - 49.99 Euros
    • 75683 - 59.99 Euros (no part count)
    • 75684 - 945 pieces - 89.99 Euros
  • Lego Wednesday (Buffalo)
    • 40750 - Wednesday Brickheadz - 239 Pieces - 9.99 Euros
    • 76780 - 702 pieces - 49.99 Euros
    • 76781 - 750 pieces - 79.99 Euros
  • Lego Fortnite (Juno)
    • 40728 GWP - 151 pieces
    • 77070 - 193 Pieces - 29.99 Euros
    • 77071 (Loot Llama?) - 691 Pieces - 39.99 Euros
    • 77072 (Peely Bone?) - 59.99 Euros
    • 77073 - 954 Pieces - 79.99 Euros
    • 77074 (Art Set?) - 119.99 Euros

Who are these themes targeted towards ? lol, Spongebob deserves a comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Who are these themes targeted towards ? lol, Spongebob deserves a comeback.

Spongebob had a good run in LEGO way back when, but the actual show is dying a slow death, with the movies getting stranger the more they make. Example: Stephan Hillenburg said they would never make a young SpongeBob show like the Muppet baby's. But when the creator died, suddenly Kamp Koral is produced.Aalso Nickelodeon has also said as long as there're on the air, there will be a Spongebob show being made. If LEGO went back to Spongebob, it wouldn't be good like it was before, But I digress...

If ANYTHING needs to come out of a Lego / Nickelodeon partnership, it would Avatar - the Last Airbender. I'm not one for anime (or whatever it is), but even I can see it got shafted back in 2006 with two mediocre sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

More details for Wicked, Wednesday (Buffalo - RIP ATLA sets), and Fortnite, courtesy of maxbaut (who is reputable):

Wednesday is cool and i would have been exited for the sets, but maxbaut also says in his latest video that the sets will feature minidolls... A pity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.