Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

Was there ever a explanation on why there was only one PotC set during the 5th film? Did the line sell that poorly? 

It makes me curious if Lego will even bother to make sets for another PotC film if Disney do the 6th or the female spin off. 

Edited by Mr No

On 2/3/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mr No said:

Was there ever a explanation on why there was only one PotC set during the 5th film? Did the line sell that poorly? 

It makes me curious if Lego will even bother to make sets for another PotC film if Disney do the 6th or the female spin off. 

I hope Lego will bring back the PotC theme if Disney do more films! Perhaps a Jungle Cruise theme if the sequel proves a hit. 

It does make me wonder, during tha 2010s Lego made lots of Disney themes, why didn't they do one for John Carter? I feel bad for that film, I think the change of management killed it intentionally so Iger could have an excuse to buy Lucasfilm, after that they stopped doing those kind of "next star wars or our star wars" kind of projects. 

Dune 2 sets would be awesome too! 

All 3 shows are rated MA15+ here in Australia which means they are probably not appropriate for a LEGO set.

15 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I feel bad for that film, I think the change of management killed it intentionally so Iger could have an excuse to buy Lucasfilm, after that they stopped doing those kind of "next star wars or our star wars" kind of projects. 

That makes absolutely no sense. Not only do companies not operate like that, why would they need a silly excuse like that to buy another company :head_back: They just do

On 2/21/2022 at 2:34 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

That makes absolutely no sense. Not only do companies not operate like that, why would they need a silly excuse like that to buy another company :head_back: They just do

Perhaps, I read it on reddit. 

Anyway, list of licenses I predict for next year:

TMNT movie, Shrek 5 (if it releases), Dune, Dungeons and Dragons (if Optimus leak is real). 

I'll repeat an earlier idea here:

If the Optimus Prime set is real, then I really, really want a Power Rangers set/theme.

The Command Center, with Zordon, Alpha, White Ranger and the civilian Rangers, Megazord with the core 5 + Goldar, Dragonzord with Green Ranger and Rita Repulsa. Maybe a CMF series to go alongside a bigger set (Megazord).

Supremely unlikely, I would also love a GI Joe set/theme. Even if it was just a VAMP or HISS Tank. Give me Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Duke, and CC!

On 6/12/2020 at 3:18 PM, xxix5 said:

I really would like to see some Garfield and Peanuts sets. 

Peanuts:

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: $30: Figures: Snoopy (with removable chef's hat and printing for the apron), Woodstock, Charlie Brown, Peppermint Patty, Marcy, Franklin, Linus, Lucy, and Sally: Details: Kind of like a City People Pack. Has the table in chairs from the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special.

A Charlie Brown Christmas: $50-$70: Figures: Snoopy, Charlie Brown (winter), Linus (winter), Sally (winter), Snoopy (winter hat), Lucy (winter), Schroeder, Pig-Pen, Frieda, Patty, Violet, and Linus: Details: There would be several builds. The main build would be the stage n which the play takes place on, Snoopy's dog house with Christmas decorations, the Christmas Tree shop, the frozen lake/pond in which they skate on in the beginning, and Lucy's psychiatrist stand.

I just bought this Peanuts set on Friday. It's Lego compatible         https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsnpyonly.com%2Fcollections%2Ftoys%2Fproducts%2Flinoos-peanuts-snoopy-candy-shop-block-set-ln8012&psig=AOvVaw2URvmHdurH5Rq0Ja3B3FI-&ust=1648556074467000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCJCcspDk6PYCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

On 2/23/2022 at 12:21 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

I'll repeat an earlier idea here:

If the Optimus Prime set is real, then I really, really want a Power Rangers set/theme.

The Command Center, with Zordon, Alpha, White Ranger and the civilian Rangers, Megazord with the core 5 + Goldar, Dragonzord with Green Ranger and Rita Repulsa. Maybe a CMF series to go alongside a bigger set (Megazord).

Supremely unlikely, I would also love a GI Joe set/theme. Even if it was just a VAMP or HISS Tank. Give me Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Duke, and CC!

Great idea! I loved the Series 19 Ranger and really want Lego to release more unlicensed colored Rangers, but an actual Licensed Power Rangers set would be just as if not more exciting! Would absolutely pick up several sets should they come with Dynamic figures and builds (which would be natural for a Power Rangers theme).

That said Transformers sets would be cool to see as well. Unsure how to get them minifig compatible but if we could get Lego versions of those 2008 Transformers toys with both vehicles and small figures to place inside before they transform, that’d be so cool, also both Transformers and Power Rangers have Dino sub themes and would love to see that represented somehow for both. Very exciting licenses I didn’t think I’d see Lego pick up.

Also occasionally miss the Spongebob theme is this crazy or does anyone else low key feel like that was a gem they slept on?

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Great idea! I loved the Series 19 Ranger and really want Lego to release more unlicensed colored Rangers, but an actual Licensed Power Rangers set would be just as if not more exciting! Would absolutely pick up several sets should they come with Dynamic figures and builds (which would be natural for a Power Rangers theme).

That said Transformers sets would be cool to see as well. Unsure how to get them minifig compatible but if we could get Lego versions of those 2008 Transformers toys with both vehicles and small figures to place inside before they transform, that’d be so cool, also both Transformers and Power Rangers have Dino sub themes and would love to see that represented somehow for both. Very exciting licenses I didn’t think I’d see Lego pick up.

Also occasionally miss the Spongebob theme is this crazy or does anyone else low key feel like that was a gem they slept on?

Bandai isn't likely ever to work with Lego. There are a few interesting parts that can be found in the sets made by Mega Brands, but the fact that they did like some of their doll sets in mixing age range size scales (think Friends or Marvel sets having Duplo parts) make the look of the sets ridiculous.

Kre-O isn't worth anything. I've handled a few of the parts from one of those Transformers sets, and the plastic is worse than any I've encountered with Mega Brands. IIRC, the plates seemed to have a different thickness to Lego.

I liked a number of the parts designs, and wished Lego could have reused some of them. The Spongebob body part would have been great as shaped bushes, and Patrick's head piece is good for some swamp plant life (don't know what the plant I'm thinking of is called). It's interesting, but I recall building the Chum Bucket set, and the Fire Nation ship from Avatar: The Last Airbender on the same day. Pity that the blue parts in the Chum Bucket set were the earlier formula that discolored easily.

I saw the new Sonic movie today and a tie-in set would have been awesome and probably sold like crazy

Spoiler

The giant eggman mech would have made a perfect set IMO.

I'm hoping for Percy Jackson sets to tie into the series coming out around next year. If the series is based off the books as much as they claim it to be, there are some really cool things they could adapt.

On 4/3/2022 at 5:36 PM, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

I'm hoping for Percy Jackson sets to tie into the series coming out around next year. If the series is based off the books as much as they claim it to be, there are some really cool things they could adapt.

I sure hope they will happen too! I think it may be likely to happen since Percy Jackson TV show is developed by Disney folks and will be released on Disney+. Lego is partnered with Disney, let’s cross fingers.