Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

Considering that a major part of the Dune universe revolves around a highly addictive drug (the consumption of which is essential for interstellar travel) and around the war over who controls that drug, I don't see Dune as a good fit for LEGO products.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:55 PM, jonwil said:

More James Bond cars would be interesting as well (I think there will be many people here who would love to get their hands on that Lotus submarine)

Ditto

7 hours ago, Atrius Kain said:

If the Dreamzzz plot leak is true, TLG upcoming original theme is about using mushrooms to enter a fantastical world of dreams.

Exactly my thoughts!

On 1/9/2023 at 6:26 PM, Atrius Kain said:

Rewatching Arcane...man imagine if Lego did League of Legends sets...

This is my #1 wishlist theme. I'm hoping they really go all in making different TV shows and movies so the league universe becomes more popular. So many cool character/environment/creature designs that I would love to see in Lego form. For anyone not initiated, watch Arcane or just look at some of the art in Legends of Runeterra.

On 1/8/2023 at 2:33 PM, jonwil said:

Considering that a major part of the Dune universe revolves around a highly addictive drug (the consumption of which is essential for interstellar travel) and around the war over who controls that drug, I don't see Dune as a good fit for LEGO products.

It's not like they're using meth. it's science-fictiony enough that I think they'll be ok.

One thing I'd love to see is a full transformers theme. Sets sized similarly to the marvel sets ($25-30 for standard autobots and decepticons, maybe larger packs for optimus+trailer or all the constructicons). The UCS optimus is great, but I can't be alone in thinking a theme would do excellently.

That said, it'd be pretty similar to a hypothetical bionicle revival, so maybe I should keep my mouth shut. :laugh:

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

One thing I'd love to see is a full transformers theme. Sets sized similarly to the marvel sets ($25-30 for standard autobots and decepticons, maybe larger packs for optimus+trailer or all the constructicons). The UCS optimus is great, but I can't be alone in thinking a theme would do excellently.

That said, it'd be pretty similar to a hypothetical bionicle revival, so maybe I should keep my mouth shut. :laugh:

I second that idea, and I’d also love to see Beast Wars characters join the fray.

39 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

I second that idea, and I’d also love to see Beast Wars characters join the fray.

I'll be honest with you, I never got beast wars. Might just be because I'm too young to have grown up with the show, but they just feel like a departure from actual transformers to me. Like, I know robots that turn into trucks are silly enough as is, but there's no reason to become an animal. Who are you disguising yourself from? What tactical advantage does being a T-rex gain you? And then the fact that Optimus Primal transforms from a gorrila to a humanoid. He's barely transforming. What difference is this making for him.

That said, would a big robot monke set be awesome? yes.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'll be honest with you, I never got beast wars. Might just be because I'm too young to have grown up with the show, but they just feel like a departure from actual transformers to me. Like, I know robots that turn into trucks are silly enough as is, but there's no reason to become an animal. Who are you disguising yourself from? What tactical advantage does being a T-rex gain you? And then the fact that Optimus Primal transforms from a gorrila to a humanoid. He's barely transforming. What difference is this making for him.

That said, would a big robot monke set be awesome? yes.

That’s understandable.

Just discovered this show on the UK Netflix. Assumed it'd be a bad Monster High rip off, and it is... But it doesn't seem to be for kids, there's mild swearing and sexuality references. The animation reminds me of Lego Friends: Girls on a Mission. It got me thinking that if Lego did it's own school for monsters theme it'd be awesome! Or just made a minidoll theme of this show like they did for DC Super hero Girls or even if Lego did a deal with Mattel and gave us Monster High minidoll sets.    Wonder if the Supernatural Academy book series that this is based on is any good?  🤔

I haven't watched that show, but the supernatural academy thing makes me think of Wednesday, which could fill a similar niche to the the disgraced harry potter theme, though I'd settle for just the house based on the nineties movies.

On 3/5/2023 at 6:29 AM, Agent Kallus said:

the disgraced harry potter theme

I've seen this a couple times. Is something happening to the harry potter theme? It seems to be doing pretty well. 

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've seen this a couple times. Is something happening to the harry potter theme? It seems to be doing pretty well. 

The theme itself is doing perfectly fine. They are just referring to the author in a roundabout way.

When we eventually get a movie version of Wicked The Musical, I hope there's Lego sets. The Wizard of Oz CMF figures were super popular

21 hours ago, Killian said:

When we eventually get a movie version of Wicked The Musical, I hope there's Lego sets. The Wizard of Oz CMF figures were super popular

Part One gets released next November :wink: 

I’m really hoping that the back end of this year or at some point next year Futurama gets a bit of a run.  The series is back soon and going to be in the limelight somewhat again and given that 3/4 projects reached 10000 supporters on Lego Ideas it’s a fan base is there for it.  
All they need is a CMF and just a couple of huge D2C’s and I’d be over the moon.  

A D2C Flying Dutchman is something I’d love as well, really not sure how that has never been made but it’s defiantly doable without bringing the whole theme back and if necessary without including Jack Sparrow (although I’d love some members of the Black Pearl in there).  This was another project on Lego ideas and it reached 10k votes as well.  Given the revival of LOTR (even if it is just a one of set) it gives me hope for this.

Futurama sets with minifigs I would absolutely buy.

Edited by jonwil

On 7/3/2023 at 1:08 AM, jonwil said:

Futurama sets with minifigs I would absolutely buy.

I feel like it might happen, it’s the best chance with the new season releasing this year.  I’m not sure if it’s renewed for more than one series but can’t imagine that after 10 years they’ll do this one off and that’s it.

When I first wanted Futurama I thought it’d never happen because of the viewing age but given the sets Lego has released in recent years I can’t see Futurama been an issue.  The only reason they may hold back is if someone else had the licence for it but I don’t really get how all that works. 

The only franchise I'd buy lego sets for that hasn't gotten at least some love is Dune. (I mean, I'd love sets based off Netflix Daredevil too, but that's A: never going to happen, and B: part of the marvel franchise which we do get sets for)

I've talked about this before, but there's so much they could do, and it seems so clear. I'll probably write out a more complete list tomorrow, but you could do a full wave with battle packs, ships, locations, dioramas, even a D2C, without doing anything too obscure. The first of the new films did pretty well commercially and wasn't any more inappropriate than say, Andor or Rogue One.

However, I did say "at least some love". LOTR, Indy, and Transformers are all stuck in a weird limbo where we did get set(s) recently, but we at best (LOTR) don't have confirmation of more coming, and at worst can be reasonably sure there won't be more sets anytime soon. LOTR and Indy I'd be fine with a few dioramas and a D2C every couple years, as while I love the franchises (seriously, the first three indiana jones films really hold a special place in my heart), I understand that there's not much appeal to kids.

But Transformers... c'mon! Major franchise, big appeal to kids, practically made for lego. If we aren't getting a full range of transformers at more of "minifig scale", why can't we at least get some more G1 figs in Prime's style? Bumblebee? Megatron? Soundwave? (I know some of my favorites like Ratchet and Wheeljack are too much to ask for). 

I'd even take another one-off of Prime's trailer, which I made a MOC of here.

I’m at a point where pretty much all the licenses I’ve ever dreamed of ended up happening (minus other Nintendo franchises like Animal Crossing and Kirby) :wub:

So what I would like is for some older licenses to return, the most prominent being SpongeBob, true to my username and avatar :laugh: It was pretty heartbreaking to see the Krusty Krab getting rejected twice on Ideas, but maybe the third time’s a charm?

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m at a point where pretty much all the licenses I’ve ever dreamed of ended up happening (minus other Nintendo franchises like Animal Crossing and Kirby) :wub:

So what I would like is for some older licenses to return, the most prominent being SpongeBob, true to my username and avatar :laugh: It was pretty heartbreaking to see the Krusty Krab getting rejected twice on Ideas, but maybe the third time’s a charm?

I mean, how many times was the office rejected before we got it?