Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

Uhhhh, according to promobricks, the two 2HY Speed Champions will both be movied-licensed, one franchise being James Bond and the other being Fast & Furious *huh* Our reality-bending magic is working again!! *oh2*

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Uhhhh, according to promobricks, the two 2HY Speed Champions will both be movied-licensed, one franchise being James Bond and the other being Fast & Furious *huh* Our reality-bending magic is working again!! *oh2*

The Bond part aside, Lego do like a Dodge Charger. And who can blame them? I’ve been considering getting some of the SR sets for the vintage cars, and now I’ve got no excuse :grin: thinking about it, throw in Ecto-1 and the deLorean, and there’s a subliminal movie car theme here too.

Ok, so I’m two up so far, now I just need to try really hard and get a third. 

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What...do you mean it will include James Bond and FF minifigs???? 

This changes everything, they have to include their minifigs. Imagine Knight Rider, the A Team in Speed Champions. 

And I am so HAPPY! 2022 seems to be the best year when it comes to Lego! And if the Bond set sells well we might get an entire theme and Fast 10 and 11 could get entire waves. 

Now I PRAY FOR LEGO DUNE SETS. I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD TLG! 

Edited by Mr No

I also wonder what the 3rd set is, another 007 set or FF set? Or perhaps a 3rd license like BttF, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, The A Team? Oh, or even Mission Impossible! 

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If I could give you a like I would give you a thousand, the machine works! :laugh:

LET'S GO DUNE! SPEED CHAMPIONS DUNE ORNITHOPTER! :grin:

Edited by Mr No

The James Bond and Fast & Furious Speed Champions sets are day one buys for sure. Which Bond do you guys think it will be? I’m betting Craig. 

17 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

The James Bond and Fast & Furious Speed Champions sets are day one buys for sure. Which Bond do you guys think it will be? I’m betting Craig. 

Connery. I bet it is based on Goldfinger. 

1 minute ago, Mr No said:

Connery. I bet it is based on Goldfinger. 

I was thinking No Time to Die. Either way though I think Craig and Connery are the most likely options (most current vs. most iconic). 

9 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I was thinking No Time to Die. Either way though I think Craig and Connery are the most likely options (most current vs. most iconic). 

True, I wonder if the Bond set will, include only James or a villain too, because if it's Connery then I expect Auric Goldfinger. 

Fast and Furious is also cool, maybe if is also with two minifigs then it could include Dom and Jakob. But in the end I think it will be only one minifig for each car. 

I know we do have Ninjago but like a classical Castle, I’m hoping for a historical/fantasy in-house ninja theme. Sure it won’t be likely to happen since Ninjago is now an evergreen theme. 

56 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Connery and Craig! 

Connery is the most iconic figure because he was the first James Bond to start the franchise. Craig is the one we are aware of as the current movie is out. Personally, i’m a huge fan of both actors. 

This year is also the 60th anniversary of James Bond, this makes me even more confident that the minifig will be Connery. 

35 minutes ago, Mr No said:

This year is also the 60th anniversary of James Bond, this makes me even more confident that the minifig will be Connery. 

That would totally make sense for sure. And it should pay a tribut to Connery after his passing two years ago. 

Wow, you guys literally manifested that wtf.

If this ends up being true, the Aston Martin just became my most anticipated set of the year. And while I’m not a Fast and Furious fan personally, it could be fun to get figs of Vin Diesel or the Rock.

Just now, Portal Out said:

Wow, you guys literally manifested that wtf.

I have a whole list of things we need to manifest, time to use our magic before it runs out :devil:

I manifested a lot of themes for this year. 

But there is one left... 

LEGO DUNE SETS. DO IT. DO IT. 

DEATHLY HALLOWS, NO WAY HOME, & RAIMI TRILOGY :moar: …just throwing it out there into the void, maybe it works :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Connery is the most iconic figure because he was the first James Bond to start the franchise. Craig is the one we are aware of as the current movie is out. Personally, i’m a huge fan of both actors. 

While I would personally prefer Craig, Connery is the more likely choice I think. Either way, an official 007 minifig is nothing to scoff at :classic: 2022 sounds better with every announcement, apart from the fake ones of course

People comment on brickfanatics 007 post with "this is fake" :laugh_hard:

I guess Brickfanatics got screwed for now with the fake uncharted leak

The rumour seems a bit too basic (based off of two existing sets) to be real. Probably someone else having a go at fake rumours, and no doubt there'll be another fake one in the next few days.

I can't see them doing licenced minifigures in a theme that has yellow minifigures. Licences (outside of Dimensions) set on their own, not inside of another theme (unless you count Ideas).

4 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

The rumour seems a bit too basic (based off of two existing sets) to be real. Probably someone else having a go at fake rumours, and no doubt there'll be another fake one in the next few days.

I can't see them doing licenced minifigures in a theme that has yellow minifigures. Licences (outside of Dimensions) set on their own, not inside of another theme (unless you count Ideas).

It’s directly from promobricks though who as far as I know is spotless

If the third set is another movie license, which one do you think it is? I have a feeling it's KITT from Knight Rider...but if it were a Miswion Impossible set that would be neat too. 

With Bond getting s minifig set which hopefully will lead to a full theme, I only have two more licenses I want and then everything will be awesome. 

-LotR theme to come back in 2023

-Dune sets with Part 2 in 2023, even if it's 6 or 7 sets and then done and I would be happy, just cover the two movies cast

And onto Speed Champions doing more cars based on movies and perhaps shows:

-Knight Rider car

-A Team car

-Mission Impossible

-X Files car, with Mulder and Scully minifigs

-Delorean

-Maybe Ecto 1 (?) 

-Close Encounters of the Third Kind car

Edited by Mr No

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

-Knight Rider car

-A Team car

-Mission Impossible

-X Files car, with Mulder and Scully minifigs

-Delorean

-Maybe Ecto 1 (?) 

-Close Encounters of the Third Kind car

I'd love to get the Men in Black car :laugh:

3 hours ago, Mr No said:

The question is which level of modification is still acceptable. After all, the original car still has to be recognisable :grin:

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The question is which level of modification is still acceptable. After all, the original car still has to be recognisable :grin:

Well, since they are movie cars they should look like in the movie. 

Just now, Mr No said:

Well, since they are movie cars they should look like in the movie. 

Sure, but they‘re part of the Speed Champions theme, which is all about accuracy to real life cars. The two confirmed movie cars are slightly modified versions of real ones, so they‘re fair game. The same cannot be said for every movie car out there :wink: Some are either entirely custom or so heavily modified the real car is not easily identifiable anymore. I don‘t mind personally, I just question if those fit the SC brand. Some SC fans are already upset :grin: