Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

7 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I know this is a thread for dream licenses rather than the actualities of current themes, but do we know for sure Mario is here to stay?

We don‘t know for certain of course, but the design lead stated in an interview last year that they didn‘t spend this much time on the development of the theme only for it to disappear again shortly thereafter :wink: 

Depends on the sales of course, but they definitely have good reason to be confident in the theme. It‘s Nintendo after all :grin:

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

We don‘t know for certain of course, but the design lead stated in an interview last year that they didn‘t spend this much time on the development of the theme only for it to disappear again shortly thereafter :wink: 

Depends on the sales of course, but they definitely have good reason to be confident in the theme. It‘s Nintendo after all :grin:

Well, I for one hope they're right and Mario enjoys a lengthy run. Even if that specific franchise isn't to my personal taste, its success or lack thereof is going to be a factor in future video game franchises being licensed

Given that Super Mario Bros has been around for 35 years and has had many games in that time (and isn't likely to stop being popular anytime soon) I don't see LEGO running out of ideas for sets

Even though most of the stuff I wanted were crossed off the list, (Super Mario, Sonic, SpongeBob, Minecraft, etc.) I'm still interested in some of the themes that were planned for Dimensions, like Shrek.

Also, It'll be interesting to see a Rayman theme! :tongue:

As much as I enjoyed The Powerpuff Girls theme from 2018, I’d personally love to see sets based on the original 1998 TV series this time around!

Speaking of which, I’m currently working on a LEGO Ideas submission based on the Utonium Residence including Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup and...

Professor Utonium!

Oh, and I may include Mojo Jojo and/or Princess Morbucks as well.

I suspect the chances of an Ideas set based on a license LEGO has already done in the past are fairly low (the only instance I know of is the just-announced Sonic set and there is a big difference between a Dimensions pack and a set).

Even more so when the show the set is based on is not only not airing on TV anymore but has been replaced with a newer version.

A Lego 18+ collector theme based on Denis Villeneuve's Dune would be a dream for me. The film is PG13 too, though maybe Disney would be against it. Though Avatar 2 sets might happen because Disney owns it. 

I would love some proper attention given to the X-Men. Hopefully that is coming in the near future if they start popping up in the MCU. I almost expect it is coming, but I'd love to see it given the 18+ treatment and a deep dive into their dozens of characters instead of just the top 3-8.

Zelda feels like an obvious & endless theme.

Anything that will supply a steady supply of middle-earth / fantasy / medieval sets. I'd like some castles, but I'd love some elves & orcs & dwarfs to go with. Warcraft? DnD? Doesn't really matter. Zelda could nearly cover this if they wanted to.

The recent Arcane TV show has laid out just how rich the lore of League of Legends is. The audience for it is absolutely huge too.

I'd love to see what the Lego designers could come up with under a Transformers theme - obviously they'd have to be able to transform between vehicle & robot.

Lastly (and least likely of all) the Jurassic Park theme has gotten as stale as the movies. I think pivoting the 'dinosaur' line to use Dinotopia instead would open a huge amount of possibility. A forgotten franchise of well loved children's books (and a poor TV mini-series) due a reboot. Based around humans & dinos living together in harmony in a land that time forgot. Imagine a dino-city wave - Pterodactyls with saddles, police riding Triceratops, firetricks built into Brontosaurus, Anklosaurus swinging wrecking-ball tails on the construction site. Unfortunately it wouldn't sell a tenth of merchandise, so it ain't happening, but a man can dream..

15 hours ago, Yoggington said:

I would love some proper attention given to the X-Men. Hopefully that is coming in the near future if they start popping up in the MCU. I almost expect it is coming, but I'd love to see it given the 18+ treatment and a deep dive into their dozens of characters instead of just the top 3-8.

Zelda feels like an obvious & endless theme.

Anything that will supply a steady supply of middle-earth / fantasy / medieval sets. I'd like some castles, but I'd love some elves & orcs & dwarfs to go with. Warcraft? DnD? Doesn't really matter. Zelda could nearly cover this if they wanted to.

The recent Arcane TV show has laid out just how rich the lore of League of Legends is. The audience for it is absolutely huge too.

I'd love to see what the Lego designers could come up with under a Transformers theme - obviously they'd have to be able to transform between vehicle & robot.

Lastly (and least likely of all) the Jurassic Park theme has gotten as stale as the movies. I think pivoting the 'dinosaur' line to use Dinotopia instead would open a huge amount of possibility. A forgotten franchise of well loved children's books (and a poor TV mini-series) due a reboot. Based around humans & dinos living together in harmony in a land that time forgot. Imagine a dino-city wave - Pterodactyls with saddles, police riding Triceratops, firetricks built into Brontosaurus, Anklosaurus swinging wrecking-ball tails on the construction site. Unfortunately it wouldn't sell a tenth of merchandise, so it ain't happening, but a man can dream..

Dinotopia deserves a big budget live action movie, it has lots of franchise potential. 

With Avatar 2 sets now happening, one of my dream themes is coming to life. I hope Dune is next. 

Edited by Mr No

I don’t know what are Dark Souls or Dune stuffs but I’m hoping for the return of Scooby Doo / Lord of the Rings!

As Disney theme continues, I’m hoping for Kingdom Hearts (video game) theme. 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t know what are Dark Souls or Dune stuffs but I’m hoping for the return of Scooby Doo / Lord of the Rings!

As Disney theme continues, I’m hoping for Kingdom Hearts (video game) theme. 

Dune is just the greatest book of all time and we got a phenomenal film adaptation from Denis Villeneuve. Dune is the best film of 2021.

A Lego James Bond theme would be great too. They can pick the films they consider less dark. 

The fact that they released the James Bond car shows that they are obviously OK with Bond to some extent.

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

The fact that they released the James Bond car shows that they are obviously OK with Bond to some extent.

Well, if even Playmobil made a Goldfinger set then Lego shouldn't have a problem with it. They have enough movies to pick up from that aren't dark, it's mostly Craig Bond that's dark and even that isn't like ANAKIN BURNING ALIVE and Temple of Doom set. Heck, Eternals features a sex scene. 

Portal was probably my favourite set from Lego Dimensions so expanding that would be nice. It could actually work in a very similar way to the Mario sets where you make your own levels. 

With the Horizon Zero Dawn leaks, I'd love to see more Sony stuff, CMF series with Crash, Spryo, Ratchet, Jak, Sly Cooper etc, and Uncharted could make some great display pieces.

While doubting it will happen (owing to the maturity of the TV show, more than anything) I would love to see The Wheel of Time given a range of sets. Most if not all of the characters would bring in very useful prints for any historical builders (and the hairpieces for Liandrin/Alanna/Nynaeve would be incredible) and the theme would hit the spot for anyone looking for more fantasy/historical builds. On top of that, in the Trollocs there's a very unique and distinct "bad guy", so kids unfamiliar with the source material could still enjoy some make-believe with the sets.

With the great mechs they’ve been releasing(D.Va & Reinhardt, Ninjago Titans) I would love to see a Gundam theme. They’ve given us a taste of it with the Ninjago ones. It would be great to see different mechs from across the different iterations. 

29 minutes ago, Undi3sss said:

Portal was probably my favourite set from Lego Dimensions so expanding that would be nice. It could actually work in a very similar way to the Mario sets where you make your own levels. 

With the Horizon Zero Dawn leaks, I'd love to see more Sony stuff, CMF series with Crash, Spryo, Ratchet, Jak, Sly Cooper etc, and Uncharted could make some great display pieces.

Ratchet sets (or, like you said, CMF stuff) would be great. I feel like Lego could have a lot of fun with designs from that series. Spaceships and playsets and weird buildable robot badies.

I wonder if Lego will do more 4+ sets based on kids shows like they did with Mickey and Friends. Like, they could do something lile that for Muppets, Sesame Street or Looney Tunes. I can see Scooby-Doo also come back in 4+.

There is a Percy Jackson live action show in the works for Disney+. That could make a pretty cool theme. 

If the next Bond film is more fun, I hope they make it into a Lego theme. There are a lot of Bond films that could get Lego sets. 

d5w3ztl-99532416-616d-4477-99d9-e66eb691

d5w3xc2-40094315-14b5-4b25-9ef7-851ba6d1

james_bond_lego_set_4_by_jeffach_d5wns35

7da8ea17ff3d3d28737837c441cdced0.jpg

fa356f85f4d114f022a098dd5637176f.jpg