Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

9 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

for example for Automatix), a special one for Miraculix

You mean Fulliautomatix and Getafix :wink:

9 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

I am sorry, but English isn´t my first language. What does "had a good run" mean exactly?

No worries, your English is fine. Better than my German. A "good run" just means that both those themes were available to buy for a few years, so AFOLs have had a lot of chances to collect orcs and dwarfs.

Edited by Lucarex

2 hours ago, Lucarex said:

You mean Fulliautomatix and Getafix :wink:

No worries, your English is fine. Better than my German. A "good run" just means that both those themes were available to buy for a few years, so AFOLs have had a lot of chances to collect orcs and dwarfs.

Hehe... just recognised they are named different in German :) Thought this was only the case with Dagobert/Scrooge McDuck and some other Disney ones.^^'

Thanks for the clarification :) ... I think you can't get too much or even just enough different orcs. There is no clone in my little horde... even the 6 elite ones wearing Uruk hai armor have different facial expressions and skin colours.^^' 

A Middle Earth line has potential. The Dwarfs would be so much better with printed medium sized legs and a few prints on their already existing beard pieces (like Gloin or Nori). Boromir needs Dual moulded arms so badly... a few other characters like Thorin would benefits from dual moulding extremely, too. the few missing Characters like Eowyn, Witchking or Thror and Thrain don't require many new moulds. Eowyn with a armoured Torso showing no female outlines would be easily as popular as the Cmf20's Viking.

Edited by Gorilla94

I want Avatar: the Last Airbender to make a LEGO comeback. Not only did it get only two sets the first time around, but it didn't seem like much effort was put into the concepts and designs. (They gave the Katara minifig a standard ponytail, for crying out loud.) The show was recently put on Netflix in its entirety and is undergoing an entirely deserved revival. This thing has aged like a high-quality burgundy, and with all the advancements in LEGO in the last 15 years, I would love to see what they do with it now.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:58 PM, Gorilla94 said:

Hehe... just recognised they are named different in German :) Thought this was only the case with Dagobert/Scrooge McDuck and some other Disney ones.^^'

Thanks for the clarification :) ... I think you can't get too much or even just enough different orcs. There is no clone in my little horde... even the 6 elite ones wearing Uruk hai armor have different facial expressions and skin colours.^^' 

A Middle Earth line has potential. The Dwarfs would be so much better with printed medium sized legs and a few prints on their already existing beard pieces (like Gloin or Nori). Boromir needs Dual moulded arms so badly... a few other characters like Thorin would benefits from dual moulding extremely, too. the few missing Characters like Eowyn, Witchking or Thror and Thrain don't require many new moulds. Eowyn with a armoured Torso showing no female outlines would be easily as popular as the Cmf20's Viking.

Don’t forget the fact that we never got a physical Sauron minifigure back then.

20 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Don’t forget the fact that we never got a physical Sauron minifigure back then.

To be honest I'd pur him quite low on my list, because he is just in the intro and would require at least 3 Moulds (helmet, shoulder armor and Mace) as well as a reuse of the old toy story limbs ... which doesn't mean i wouldn't like to get him:innocent2:

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

To be honest I'd pur him quite low on my list, because he is just in the intro and would require at least 3 Moulds (helmet, shoulder armor and Mace) as well as a reuse of the old toy story limbs ... which doesn't mean i wouldn't like to get him:innocent2:

Or LEGO could save Sauron for a Middle-earth Collectible Minifigure Series.

23 hours ago, Karalora said:

I want Avatar: the Last Airbender to make a LEGO comeback. Not only did it get only two sets the first time around, but it didn't seem like much effort was put into the concepts and designs. (They gave the Katara minifig a standard ponytail, for crying out loud.) The show was recently put on Netflix in its entirety and is undergoing an entirely deserved revival. This thing has aged like a high-quality burgundy, and with all the advancements in LEGO in the last 15 years, I would love to see what they do with it now.

In a similar vein, a reboot of Spongebob would be great too.  They wouldn't need to design new molds, since the most recent ones would still work and cover just about all of the main characters other than maybe Larry and Pearl.  

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

In a similar vein, a reboot of Spongebob would be great too.  They wouldn't need to design new molds, since the most recent ones would still work and cover just about all of the main characters other than maybe Larry and Pearl.  

Well, let’s wait and see whether or not The Krusty Krab project by @Exe Sandbox is approved.

On 5/31/2020 at 2:36 PM, Karalora said:

I want Avatar: the Last Airbender to make a LEGO comeback. Not only did it get only two sets the first time around, but it didn't seem like much effort was put into the concepts and designs.

Agree that Avatar could really use a revival, especially given its recent resurgence in popularity due to Netflix. The two sets we got are... pretty awful.

5 hours ago, UberCorp said:

Agree that Avatar could really use a revival, especially given its recent resurgence in popularity due to Netflix. The two sets we got are... pretty awful.

In addition to this, dual-molded parts will be useful for Aang’s arms (orange sleeves & yellow forearms) and other characters.

ATLA sets we deserve:

• For starters, updated versions of the Air Temple and Fire Nation ship, with more sophisticated designs
  • Appa as a brick-built creature, complete with removable saddle
  • Kyoshi statue with Suki minifig (+ maybe another Kyoshi Warrior if the set size warrants it--great for army building!)
  • Siege of the North--a nice BIG set with ice structures, waterbender minifigs, and the Spirit Oasis with Princess Yue and the two fish
  • Earth Rumble Arena--a wrestling-style ring with fun pop-up earth effects and minifigs of Toph and other fighters
  • The Spirit Library with that awesome astronomical calendar and a brick-built owl Spirit with an extendable neck
  • The Drill, adding figures of Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee to the collection

And I'm only up to Season 2! I could honestly keep going for ages--nearly every episode of the series suggests potential sets with models, creatures, and play functions. The big cast and frequent costume changes could fill at least a couple of CMF waves.

Another theme I'd love to see reintroduced is Ben 10. This time, as a minifigure-scale theme that covers the Original Series, Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, Omniverse, and the reboot series.

The 2010 CCBS theme based on Alien Force should have been a good learning experience for LEGO.

On the topic of re-boots, another re-boot I'd love to see (and one that I could definitely see happening) is another couple of waves of Indiana Jones stuff.  If/when Indy 5 is released (date got pushed back again and I'd imagine the pandemic delayed filming, which I had heard was maybe going to start this summer), I could see another wave or two, but hopefully we could get both some stuff from the original movies that we never got with the first sets, some remakes of those sets, and stuff from the new films.  

A larger version of the truck chase with more vehicles, the Grail temple (similar in style to the temple escape set from the beginning of Raiders), an updated jungle chase from KOTCS, maybe a Map Room from Raiders, a Castle Brunwald set, lots of possibilities.  We had most of the iconic/important scenes covered in the initial waves, but are still missing quite a few figures (Sallah, almost every named bad guy, Marcus Brody, Katanga, the Grail Knight, Mac, Oxley, Monkey Man, etc), and I think some of them would be awesome with some of the pieces/techniques used today.  

Definitely hoping we eventually see more IJ sets.

If they revisit old (licensed) themes again due to a new movie (such as Indy) I wonder if they will do what they did with PotC, and just do one large detailed set or keep it like the original lines and do more smaller sets. I guess it partly depends on the audience. I got the impression that younger kids (that might be more into smaller play sets) were not so interested in PotC and the same might be true for Indy. 

19 hours ago, MAB said:

If they revisit old (licensed) themes again due to a new movie (such as Indy) I wonder if they will do what they did with PotC, and just do one large detailed set or keep it like the original lines and do more smaller sets. I guess it partly depends on the audience. I got the impression that younger kids (that might be more into smaller play sets) were not so interested in PotC and the same might be true for Indy. 

Interesting idea, I could definitely see them doing that, depending on what the MacGuffin and its location will be :thumbup:

We already have way more licensed themes than we really need, and I don't think we should be asking for even more. At this point, more original themes is what we truly need. 

Edited by Lego David

3 hours ago, Lego David said:

We already have way more licensed themes than we really need, and I don't think we should be asking for even more. At this point, more original themes is what we truly need. 

I tend to agree with you. There's a reason both of my suggestions have been themes with precedent rather than entirely new ones.

5 hours ago, Lego David said:

We already have way more licensed themes than we really need

No we don't. 

5 hours ago, Lego David said:

At this point, more original themes is what we truly need. 

They would be irrelevant for both this thread (Dream LEGO Licensed Themes) and this forum (LEGO Licensed).

After the peculiar archiving of @figura's LEGO Ideas project last year, I'm still hoping TLG has plans on giving Disney's Gravity Falls some representation soon here, as there were two BrickHeadz dual-packs based upon such which never came to be rumored a couple of years ago. The least I'd hope for are CMFs of Dipper & Mabel Pines in a future Disney CMS, while a D2C Mystery Shack on par with the Stranger Things Byers House would be most satisfactory... :blush:

On 5/31/2020 at 2:36 PM, Karalora said:

Perhaps you're already aware of @MinibrickProductions' recently submitted LEGO Ideas project? :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Avatar: The Last Airbender

resize:1600:900

My dream Lego theme, probably the only new theme I'd wish for at this point: Power Rangers

Obviously centered on MMPR, there could be Angel Grove High, the Command Center, Rita's Moon Base, and the Zords. Not to mention buildable "Large-figs" of Goldar and such. A putty battle pack, the kids in their normal clothes and Ranger uniforms, Rita, Goldar, Zedd, Squatt, Baboo, Finster, and Scorpina. I think it'd be a worthy license. Since Hasbro co-opted it recently, it's highly unlikely, but you never know.

As far as reboots go, Scooby-Doo would get my vote. The original gang cost way too much on the aftermarket now (I just completed the team after all these years), plus the Mystery Machine could be updated (just to get a cheaper one alone, though the original was almost perfect). My main draw would be the classic ghosts. No Vampires and stuff you can get from a CMF, but the Phantom Shadows, Space Kook, The Creeper, 10,000 Volt Ghost, Tar Monster, the Skeleton Men, etc.

I also hope that the Spongebob Ideas set goes through, as I love that show, and @ExeSandbox's Krusty Krab would be perfect!

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

My dream Lego theme, probably the only new theme I'd wish for at this point: Power Rangers

Obviously centered on MMPR, there could be Angel Grove High, the Command Center, Rita's Moon Base, and the Zords. Not to mention buildable "Large-figs" of Goldar and such. A putty battle pack, the kids in their normal clothes and Ranger uniforms, Rita, Goldar, Zedd, Squatt, Baboo, Finster, and Scorpina. I think it'd be a worthy license. Since Hasbro co-opted it recently, it's highly unlikely, but you never know.

As far as reboots go, Scooby-Doo would get my vote. The original gang cost way too much on the aftermarket now (I just completed the team after all these years), plus the Mystery Machine could be updated (just to get a cheaper one alone, though the original was almost perfect). My main draw would be the classic ghosts. No Vampires and stuff you can get from a CMF, but the Phantom Shadows, Space Kook, The Creeper, 10,000 Volt Ghost, Tar Monster, the Skeleton Men, etc.

I also hope that the Spongebob Ideas set goes through, as I love that show, and @ExeSandbox's Krusty Krab would be perfect!

Yeah, LEGO might not ever touch the Power Rangers license due to Hasbro co-opting the franchise. However, I agree that LEGO Scooby-Doo should make a comeback alongside other Hanna-Barbera intellectual properties such as Wacky Races and Jonny Quest!

Tintin, 100%. I read those comics when I was a kid, and remember being pretty excited when the 2010ish animated film came out. Might be a bit dark (from what I remember of the comics there's a lot of guns and alchahol), but it's not like it'd be more mature then the simpsons.