Harkonen

Dream Lego Licensed Themes

I made this thread to discuss licensed themes you wish/dream to come out and speculation. Not rumours. 

What licensed themes would you like to see in the future? Which ones do you think are possible? I was speculating that next year we might see Space Jam 2 sets though I'm not sure if LeBron would approve of toys with his likeness. I would also love DUNE sets even though it probably wouldn't happen. 

Disney theme parks. We have two sets already--the Disney Castle and Disney Train--but they have been treated more-or-less as standalones. I'd like to see the concept take off as a full-fledged theme with sets at all different price points. There are so many iconic structures and vehicles in the parks, and it would be a good excuse to keep the Disney CMF line going in the process. I want a Haunted Mansion. I want a Jungle Cruise boat. I want a Mad Tea Party with Technic functions so the cups all spin when I turn a crank. I want minifigs in mouse ear beanies!

Thunderbirds - either the 1965 original series or the 2015 remake.  I was so disappointed when Andrew Clark's Ideas project didn't make it through review!

A Warcraft theme.

I know MEGA had it in the past, but LEGO and Blizzard have a partnership under Overwatch now.

And there could easily be battlepacks for generic soldiers/people of the main races.

There is just so much to cover, but there should be some focus to keep it managable.

Edited by TeriXeri

Pokémon!

One day when Mega Construx loses the license in the future, LEGO should pick up the Pokémon license afterwards. In addition to this, LEGO Pokémon could utilize a toys-to-life interactive experience compatible with Nintendo Switch, iPad, etc. with something like Pokémon Stadium meets LEGO Dimensions. Similar to what LEGO and Nintendo are doing with the Super Mario theme.

Final Fantasy

There's 20 years worth of material to tap into, from beasts to vehicles to environments. 

From Final Fantasy 7 alone there's enough stuff to fill a couple of waves.

Disney- not as costumed humans but real Comic characters with medium legs for the adult ducks and mice. A big money bin, a small 313-car... something with Goofy including long arms and legs and especially Pluto as animal like Scooby Doo was done and not as a costumed guy.

Garfield - one small set with Odie and Garfield using moulded heads.

Looney toons cmf.

Simpsons as a real theme with smaller playsets reusing the moulded heads and introducing the handfull of missing ones.

Any fantasy theme delivering orcs and dwarfs. Wow, Warhammer, Dwarfs, ... i dont care about the title in the box.

10 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Garfield - one small set with Odie and Garfield using moulded heads.

Like the cancelled Tom & Jerry figs that were actually made, this would have been ideal licensed fodder for Dimensions, rather than a one-off (presumably house-based) set.

As for other ideas, you’d think LEGO would have a crack at one of the icons like Astérix or Tintin by now. There’s a ton of source material and play features to consider. If I had to choose - as I did when I was 8 years old - I’d go with the Gauls, Romans etc. 

11 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Any fantasy theme delivering orcs and dwarfs. Wow, Warhammer, Dwarfs, ... i dont care about the title in the box.

LOTR and Hobbit themes already had a good run.

I've always been desperately keen for a proper Doctor Who range (rather than just the one-off set)

In terms of licenses that have never been tackled in Lego form, the idea of Red Dwarf appeals to me, though there's the possibility of the minifigures becoming repetitive - there's only so many variants of the Main Four, after all.

And if there'd be 1 TV show I'd actually would love an official LEGO set for, would be the Family Guy house.

Edited by TeriXeri

GI JOE, Transformers, Masters of the Universe, Thundercats. 4 that would never happen.

Loony Toons though I'd love to see.

Personally I am hoping for a remake of the LOTR theme similar to the new Harry Potter theme with D2C's and CMF's. I'd also love to see James Bond sets, there is so much potential there with the crazy vehicle and gadgets.

18 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Personally I am hoping for a remake of the LOTR theme similar to the new Harry Potter theme with D2C's and CMF's. I'd also love to see James Bond sets, there is so much potential there with the crazy vehicle and gadgets.

Now that sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe combine The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies as subthemes under “LEGO Middle-earth”?

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Now that sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe combine The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies as subthemes under “LEGO Middle-earth”?

Yes, that could definitely work! The will be a new Amazon series set in the same world so maybe that will provide some momentum for Lego to consider it.

15 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Yes, that could definitely work! The will be a new Amazon series set in the same world so maybe that will provide some momentum for Lego to consider it.

Doesn't that mean Lego would have to make a deal with Amazon? Also, I'm not sure if Lego would make sets based on it, the show might even be R rated. 

There is a new Percy Jackson Disney+ series in the works, I think sets based on the property would be nice(please ignore the movies). 

7 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Doesn't that mean Lego would have to make a deal with Amazon? Also, I'm not sure if Lego would make sets based on it, the show might even be R rated. 

There is a new Percy Jackson Disney+ series in the works, I think sets based on the property would be nice(please ignore the movies). 

Actually, I believe Warner Bros. is making this series for Amazon.

Lot's of good ideas in here. 

I'd love a theme dedicated to Formula 1. It's been touched on here and there, but I think a dedicated Formula 1 line would do well, considering it is a worldwide sport. 

Another licensed theme, though it could be one set too would be Galaxy Quest. But an entire theme? I would love Star Trek and Tron(both original and Legacy). 

I would like to see a theme based on the Hanna-Barbera cartoon Wacky Races. The cartoon consists of eleven unique and colorful vehicles, which could translate into great LEGO builds.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:18 PM, Lucarex said:

And LEGO's in house Fantasy Era theme had an even better run for orcs and dwarves.

5 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I would like to see a theme based on the Hanna-Barbera cartoon Wacky Races. The cartoon consists of eleven unique and colorful vehicles, which could translate into great LEGO builds.

This!! I'd love to see Wacky Races as a future licensed LEGO racing theme. And besides, LEGO has previously partnered with Hanna-Barbera and made Scooby-Doo and The Flintstones sets, so why not Wacky Races?

Metal Gear Solid, despite how it may seem, is actually a game series very much about pacifism and not killing, even in a war-like environment. The original MGS1 and 2 had levels modelled with Lego bricks, the creator Hideo Kojima was given an official Lego Avatar for his Twitter, and there is even a reference to the Codec system on the windshield in 70164 Hurricane Heist.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:18 PM, Lucarex said:

Like the cancelled Tom & Jerry figs that were actually made, this would have been ideal licensed fodder for Dimensions, rather than a one-off (presumably house-based) set.

As for other ideas, you’d think LEGO would have a crack at one of the icons like Astérix or Tintin by now. There’s a ton of source material and play features to consider. If I had to choose - as I did when I was 8 years old - I’d go with the Gauls, Romans etc. 

Oh, I forgot Tom and Jerry :blush: I agree. Would have been a great pack much more interesting than for example the 2016 Ghostbusters :/

I´d love Asterix. I know so many teachers that would buy sets from such a line for making photo montages as a introuction for latin classes... and an insane amount of parents boykotting Scifi-Mechs and tanks, who would buy Asterix for their children day one. Comic fans would buy them, history nerds would army build the roman legions and fantasy/castle fans would be interested in the village sets and civilian torso and leg pieces... With the large beards Asterix would be one of the few comics that work without moulded heads. You could just give the figures the existing moustache piece, introduce a second slightly different beard (for example for Automatix), a special one for Miraculix and a few new helmet pieces and it would work.

I am sorry, but English isn´t my first language. What does "had a good run" mean exactly? I know the Hobbit line wasn´t very successfull... In my opinion the problem was (besides the unpopular third film) that the sets were mostly really bad... especially the laketown sets and the battle of the 5 minifigures :/ An iron hill dwarfs battle pack or the entrance to Erebor with a few dwarfs defending it against the orcs (in armor, not the ugly version without even hairpiece) would pretty sure sell well.