Sign in to follow this  
Graupensuppe

[MOC] Clone Trooper Brick Sketches

When the Brick Sketches line was announced I immediately tried to build some myself, and these are the first results.

VVrZk7G.png

XnFq1Ng.png

First of all, it's only been a few hours, I'm impressed you made even one of these that fast!

The angle makes it a bit difficult to see what parts are being used in come places, but the p2 ones especially looks great! IMO a p2 clone on a black background with extra parts to switch out the legion could sell pretty well.

Not sold on those bar attachments for the p1 trooper's "mouth", but the rest of the build looks great! I especially like the pilot.

The unhelmeted one is about as good as it could be made, but I don't think normal faces are going to work well in this style in general.

Those are really well done, and like Mando said, holy cow you're fast.  

I like the differently colored backgrounds, it would have been easy to make then identical so well done!  The shaping of both Phase 1 and Phase 2 helmets are great and they're instantly recognizable.  How "built up" are they?  Besides the unmasked clone's nose (which is obviously taller), it's a bit hard to tell the depth of the builds.  In my opinion the bar for the P1 does work well, as it's such a narrow slit on the helmet!  I can't think of a piece that would work better given the size constraints.  I especially like the light bley wedge tile for the cut-in portion under the cheekbones of the P2 helmets, it's a nice detail and it pops out really well.

Echoing the others, wow, you're fast! ("Impressive...most impressive" :laugh:).  

The unmasked clone actually looks a lot better than I'd expect for a regular face.  Still think that either non-humanoids (ie Chewbacca or Jabba) or masks/helmets work a bit better, but you definitely did a good job on it.  The P2s in particular are very, very good.  The background color choices also work really well for the various clone legions. 

Hopefully we see something like this released, and I hope they do it justice as well as you did!

9 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

How "built up" are they?  Besides the unmasked clone's nose (which is obviously taller), it's a bit hard to tell the depth of the builds.

F9vg09V.png

5 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

*image*

Changed my mind, the bars don't stick out as much as I thought they would, they look pretty good.

That P2 clone especially needs to be an upcoming brick sketch, I'd buy so many.