leafan

lego ideas [LEGO IDEAS] "Imperial Island Fort" by BrickHammer is now in REVIEW!

UPDATE 6 September 2021

"Imperial Island Fort" has qualified for the Second 2021 LEGO Ideas Review.

--------------------------

UPDATE

BrickHammer's project "Imperial Island Fort" is the latest project to reach 10K supporters on LEGO Ideas. This 1,500-piece build is a remake   Imperial Guard rival of 6276 Eldorado Fortress and includes 4 minifigures which makes it suitable for playing. This project.

Click here to comment on the official blog

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

The Idea

Since I was a child I have been a big fan of pirates and the old pirate Lego theme! Now as an adult I am still an avid fan of history! This small island fortress is therefore supposed to be a blend of nostalgic classic Lego red coat fotresses like the Eldorado Fortress and actual real life caribbean architecture!

resize:800:450resize:800:450

The Build

The island consists of a big main castle on top of a rocky cliff and a pier beneath it. The caslte contains a gatehouse tower and the governor's house!
The pier beneath the castle is fortified with 2 cannon bastions to guard the island from incoming pirate ships or Armada attacks!

About 1500 pieces.

Great build
the Architecture / rocks, the trees, the colors ... just great :classic:
Also like that little 'island' with the cannon, nice touch.

Nice take. Reminds me of the classic imperial sets, the new wave imperial sets and also a little of playmobil sets.. .. I don't know if I may say that around here :jollyroger:

Hello, I found another neat moc online and was going to try to make one for myself too. Does anyone know what piece they used for the head in the pic?

20200603_085234.jpg

7 hours ago, Jasonv24 said:

Hello, I found another neat moc online and was going to try to make one for myself too.

T'would be helpful if you provided a photo of the MOC you're referring to... 

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

T'would be helpful if you provided a photo of the MOC you're referring to... 

I thought it uploaded. I was trying to figure out what piece they used for the head in the picture. 

20200603_085234.jpg

27 minutes ago, Jasonv24 said:

I thought it uploaded.

It does not appear to have uploaded successfully.

Try again.

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It does not appear to have uploaded successfully.

Try again.

20200603_085234.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 5:09 PM, Jasonv24 said:

Hello, I found another neat moc online and was going to try to make one for myself too. Does anyone know what piece they used for the head in the pic?

20200603_085234.jpg

That looks like Dino from the Flintstones, but Dino isn't in the Flintstones set. I have no idea where that part is from.

6 hours ago, BrickHammer said:

Hey guys! I just realized that my project was shared here! Thank you for all of your great feedback and your support!

And thank you for building this wonderful creation! pir-triumph.png

It would make a wonderful addition to the Eurobricks frontpage, don't you agree @Ayrlego?

On 1/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, Mister Phes said:

And thank you for building this wonderful creation! pir-triumph.png

It would make a wonderful addition to the Eurobricks frontpage, don't you agree @Ayrlego?

That would be a great honour!!!

4 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Nice emoji!

You're supposed to be commenting on the MOC, not the emojis :pir-tongue:

UPDATE 6 September 2021

"Imperial Island Fort" has qualified for the Second 2021 LEGO Ideas Review.

We're one step closer to another LEGO Pirates set! :pir-huzzah2:

Be sure to visit the official blog post leave a comment to let the LEGO Group know how brilliant it would be for this submission to pass review.

The official announcements reads:

This morning, we closed the latest review qualification round with 34 submissions reaching the 10,000 supporter milestone and therefore qualifying for the Second 2021 Review.

These 34 product ideas have hit the 10,000 supporter milestone between the months of early May 2021 and today’s review qualification date, the 6th September 2021. We’d like to offer our congratulations to all 10K members who’ve made it this far!

Product Ideas hitting 10,000 supporters after today’s deadline will be eligible for the next review period instead that starts on the 10th of January, 2022. In fact, one project just missed the deadline and will therefore be a part of the next review.

We look forward to celebrating our 10K Club members through the 10K Club Interview series, which will kick-off as soon as we’ve announced the First 2021 review results.

Have a favourite or perhaps multiple favourites? Let us know in the comments what you’re hoping will make it through this review.

Imperial Island Fort by BrickHammer 01.jpg

Congratulations on reaching the review stage! Well-deserved. Here's to hoping this becomes an official set - 90's themes have always held a special place in my heart!