Hello

I would like to share my first MOC Ferrari F1 SF90 in 1:8 scale. Making the MOC my main goal was display model so I decided to make it look as close as possible using all official Lego parts to real F1 car. But I wanted to have it all the basic features F1 car should have which are:

- front and rear suspension

- fake v6 engine (created by SuperKoala )

- removable front wing (I started all build from this element actually)

- removable engine cover,

- removable headrest system (this was added at the very end I didn't thought about this at all but it just came up naturally)

- drs

- steering

The dimensions of the model :
Dimensions 70 x 25 x 14 cm
Weight 1,95 kg
Pieces: 2186

My main donners at the very first stage were 42056 and 42000 which I already had and they had lots of elements I could use to try the concept. The first version was funny to watch as there were so many colors all over the place ;)

I have used wheels and tires from 8674 as they are the best looking one and fit the best for design and don't have any labels on them (as unfortunately 8458 and 8461).

The instruction has been done in Stud.io in PDF.

Instruction build

I also designed stickers sheet ready to print and I also will have printed version too.

Hope you like it.

Whole gallery

Follow me:

https://m.facebook.com/f1moc

https://www.instagram.com/f1moc/

SF90ND1.jpg

SF90ND5.jpg

SF90ND8.jpg

SF90ND12.jpg

SF90ND11.jpg

SF90ND10.jpg

SF90ND7.jpgSF90BN9.jpg

Epic build, i bought the instructions an ordered most the missing parts. Sadly the four red bent panels from the topgear car and 1L connectors in metallic silver are hard to get. For now and a proof of concept the lime panels have to work.

Some suggestions for cost efficiency:

- you can replace at least 8 of the black bushes with 1L connectors in black. 

- you don't need the two red 3L axles. Use black or grey ones. 

- you can replace the four 5L thin liftarms red with axle holes by two 5L liftarms red thick. 

- The pin galore in the black superstructure is imo not required. 

- I guess and hope that the exhaustion pipes in flat silver will look good enough. 

Instead of stickers I will use seven printed "40 years technic" liftarms and two printed shell bricks as sponsors. 

Edited by myvideo000

32 minutes ago, myvideo000 said:

Epic build, i bought the instructions an ordered most the missing parts. Sadly the four red bent panels from the topgear car and 1L connectors in metallic silver are hard to get. For now and a proof of concept the lime panels have to work.

Some suggestions for cost efficiency:

- you can replace at least 8 of the black bushes with 1L connectors in black. 

- you don't need the two red 3L axles. Use black or grey ones. 

- you can replace the four 5L thin liftarms red with axle holes by two 5L liftarms red thick. 

- The pin galore in the black superstructure is imo not required. 

- I guess and hope that the exhaustion pipes in flat silver will look good enough. 

Instead of stickers I will use seven printed "40 years technic" liftarms and two printed shell bricks as sponsors. 

Hey

I was really try to use as most common parts I could but its not always possible. That red panels just fit so good there I couldn't get rid of them knowing they are unfortunately rare. I had that luck I found them in my local ebay like site. The good thing is even they are rare the price is pretty ok for it.

I also bought flat silver for exhaustion pipes its ok but the metallic silver give it a bit premium look ;) but you can use both those outside metallic and those invisible in flat ;)

Yes bushes can be replaced I just wanted to have everything in black in the tires area the same for black axles 3,5.

Could you write parts no. for those printed liftarms and bricks you want to use, very curious how they look like.

I am really looking forward for your build I need to see the proof from someone else that actually build this :)

Very nice and clean build!

As a small criticism: for this scale, the standard fake engine cylinders with pistons would have been better choice.

29 minutes ago, agrof said:

Very nice and clean build!

As a small criticism: for this scale, the standard fake engine cylinders with pistons would have been better choice.

Thanks but its a matter of taste I dont like those standard pistones ;)

1 hour ago, Mane said:

Hey

I was really try to use as most common parts I could but its not always possible. That red panels just fit so good there I couldn't get rid of them knowing they are unfortunately rare. I had that luck I found them in my local ebay like site. The good thing is even they are rare the price is pretty ok for it.

I also bought flat silver for exhaustion pipes its ok but the metallic silver give it a bit premium look ;) but you can use both those outside metallic and those invisible in flat ;)

Yes bushes can be replaced I just wanted to have everything in black in the tires area the same for black axles 3,5.

Could you write parts no. for those printed liftarms and bricks you want to use, very curious how they look like.

I am really looking forward for your build I need to see the proof from someone else that actually build this :)

Metallic silver will certainly look better, i will order these parts together the red panels. 

These shell bricks I use:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3004pb011#T=C&C=5

These printed liftarms I use:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32523pb11#T=C&C=1

thanks to myvideo000 and some other here is a list how cut prices:

Don't buy 11949 as single part its rare and expensive, instead buy bulk part 11949c01 it comes with 92909 also as an alternative to this you can also buy 23801 + 2736 ant its the same solution the cheapest one.

3713 black you can replace it for light bluish gray I used black because I wanted to have everything in steering area in black.

11478 red you can use only two and replace other two with just 32316

4519, 32073 - 3,5 axles black can be replaced for light bluish gray I used black because I wanted to avoid LBG color in black areas as much I could

4519 red can be replaced for black or light bluish gray I used red because I wanted to avoid different color in red area in engine cover

6558 black can be replaced for blue I didn't want that blue color in visible areas

18654, 62462 metallic silver can be replaced for flat silver but it will looks not as good ;)

Tires and wheels I used from Lego 8674 there were also available in 8458 and 8461 but with Technic or Micheline labels. All of them are the best looking tires with wheels but you can use other wheels and tires in the same size but they wont look as good as those from all sets above.

The donners can be Lego 42000, 8674, 42056 (I used them by myself if you know more please add in the comments for others to help)
Edited by Mane

26 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

love the lines of this MOC...very well done!! nice photos!!

Thanks I am waiting for new stickers with transparent background so will replace the current one with red background :)

Hey

My MOC Ferrari F1 SF90 has now new stickers sheet with transparent background, few modular parts taken from the model itself.

10.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg