AMD

LEGO Brick Sketches 2020

Not really my cup of tea (I can only collect so many things, really)... but the general concept and execution is great, especially if they're priced reasonably.  I'll admit, if they threw out some homages to classic themes or something, I might bite.  :classic:

I've built quite a few - copied off his flickr account. They are very nice to display, but $20 is a bit steep for what tend to be fairly basic parts. I hope he now designs a Darth Vader too, as that one is missing.

This new theme needs to give more underrated licensed LEGO themes some acknowledgement, such as Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, Doctor Who, etc.

I wonder if this collection will expand quickly or will they be more careful after what happened to BrickHeadz? 

28 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

I wonder if this collection will expand quickly or will they be more careful after what happened to BrickHeadz? 

Unless they adjust the price to a more sensible range this will likely go *poof* in the long run. And since pretty much every grimace looks kind of the same, it will wear out quickly on that front, too. My 2 Cents...

Mylenium

I don't see a €20 value here, compared to the €20 DOTS sets that are coming out in June 1st which have big plates , tiles and bricks as well, and more parts.

But then again, 5 layers of plates/tiles can look very compact, and those are Licensed characters.

But they look good.

If they can make some generic LEGO characters, for example RedBeard, King Leo, Benny, Johnny Thunder that'd be cool.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/24/2020 at 3:58 AM, Soupperson1 said:

I have a feeling BrickHeadz and Brick Sketches may be able to coexist. After all, LEGO product designer Marcos Bessa confirmed in an Instagram Q&A that BrickHeadz will be continuing over the next year and beyond.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:03 PM, deraven said:

Not really my cup of tea (I can only collect so many things, really)... but the general concept and execution is great, especially if they're priced reasonably.  I'll admit, if they threw out some homages to classic themes or something, I might bite.  :classic:

On 5/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, TeriXeri said:

If they can make some generic LEGO characters, for example RedBeard, King Leo, Benny, Johnny Thunder that'd be cool.

I defend agree on this front.  I think these look awesome, but I’m not a licensed themes guy.  I prefer sets like the LEGO Minifigure model from the very early 2000s, and notable characters of classic themes like pirates, castle, and adventurers.  With the release of 10273 Haunted House, do you think there’s chance a Baron von Barron?

Edited by Vilhelm22

58 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I defend agree on this front.  I think these look awesome, but I’m not a licensed themes guy.  I prefer sets like the LEGO Minifigure model from the very early 2000s, and notable characters of classic themes like pirates, castle, and adventurers.  With the release of 10273 Haunted House, do you think there’s chance a Baron von Barron?

I agree that could certainly work.

I don't collect Licensed themes either, so DC or Star Wars aren't my interest for LEGO.

BrickSketches have been reduced in price and it’s not marked as a sale! The new $17/€17 price still isn’t great but at least it’s better. :)