Sign in to follow this  
Pauls Technic

Review - MOC Truck (42075 Alternate)

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-33786/iiLego/truck-42075-alternate/#comments

Recently I was able to pick up LEGO Technic set 42075 for $20 second hand, this was a part of a bulk lot that is being sold locally.

My original plan was to use this as parts for my MOC's, after checking on https://rebrickable.com/ I found this truck which has been designed as a "c model". I downloaded the PDF instructions of 69 pages and over the past two nights have built this. The total build time was two hours, including some parts sorting.

This truck features:
Hand Of God Steering via the steering wheel on the roof.
Two cylinder engine which drives via a diff and the rear wheels.
Rear Towing arm.

Overall I found this enjoyable to build and the end result is good. Given the left over parts, I am planning on making some improvements and changes to it.

One issue I found was that in a couple of spots I found the instructions to not be great at showing where parts were meant to go, I had to flip backwards and forwards to make sure I hade not missed any steps. 

MOC+Truck+42075+%25281%2529.jpg

MOC%2BTruck%2B42075%2B%25285%2529.jpg

MOC%2BTruck%2B42075%2B%25287%2529.jpg

MOC%2BTruck%2B42075%2B%25288%2529.jpg

MOC%2BTruck%2B42075%2B%25289%2529.jpg

Left Over Parts
MOC%2BTruck%2B42075%2B%252810%2529.jpg

https://paulstechnicblog.blogspot.com/2020/05/review-moc-truck-42075-alternate.html

Edited by Pauls Technic

Thanks for the review. This is my MOC :classic:

You are right it can be improved significantly ... a lot of parts are left out. I ran out of patience and son was asking to re-build the original vehicle from the set. He did not like my MOC truck :laugh:

Regarding the photos, they are coming out distorted on mobile phones. They look ok on computer screens.

16 hours ago, Pauls Technic said:

How do they look for you? To me on various browsers they come up fine.

To me it looks fine on my destok and totally off on my (tiny) xperia xz1 compact smartphone whereas photos from flickr or bricksafe looks good.

15 hours ago, iLego said:

Thanks for the review. This is my MOC :classic:

You are right it can be improved significantly ... a lot of parts are left out. I ran out of patience and son was asking to re-build the original vehicle from the set. He did not like my MOC truck :laugh:

Thanks, I will share how it comes along, I am planning on using this as a base for some different attachments / bodies.

I found the issues with the photos, I will use a different process in the future so they appear right on mobile devices.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:33 AM, iLego said:

Regarding the photos, they are coming out distorted on mobile phones. They look ok on computer screens.

I had the same issue in my tc18 entry. I put some pictures in the WIP topic and then selected all of them and paste them in the entry topic. It  looked ok on a pc screen but on the mobile phone pictures were distorted.

The solution was getting each picture address and paste them one by one. Don´t know if this helps you....

2 hours ago, vascolp said:

The solution was getting each picture address and paste them one by one. Don´t know if this helps you....

Thanks. I post on my blog then was doing a copy and paste, now I need to add the link to each photo one by one.