Sign in to follow this  
merc

[OL-FB] Another Day in Eltina

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

A New Commission and Command

May 620

Mere,

Another day in Eltina. while most does are taken up by training with the troops and learning maneuvers, today was different. I was instructed to meet an official about some new arms shipment. While speaking with the official, Lyle refused to take of his hat. The indignity! Afterward I chastised him about it and that is how I found out why he always wears a hat.

49701470786_e7937118cf.jpg

Spoiler

49701781182_0d8d8f4ec0.jpg 

As a gentleman I immediately remedied the situation the hair cutter's shop.

49701804537_33c34abfd3.jpg

49701781082_ef4403a4a1.jpg

And of course my new rank requires a new outfit. The tailor had the perfect design with an amazing coat.

49701494011_20dbf09c31.jpg

Afterward we met with Sergeant Le Goff who had the newly arrived muskets along with a couple of other arms that was being supplied to us.

49700960008_53ece2a94a.jpg

While there we saw the 4th Company of the Légionnaires. Commonly known as the “Rogue” Company. Members of this company are made up of former Corrish citizen from the Juniper province as well as those who immigrated from Peppin, Myrph, Tam, and Belondia. A common feature of the regiment is the use of the tricorne over the commonly used shako that both the Forces de Armée as well as the Légionnaires.

49700960013_97f2041cd5.jpg

As always I miss you and cannot wait to see you.

Your Son,

Jean-Baptiste de Moncey

Extra Images below. C&C welcome.

Spoiler

49700936263_2b4c929030.jpg 

49700959863_90434eb713.jpg 

49700936288_886ab1b21e.jpg 

49700959798_0e9c31a613.jpg 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by merc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this on Flickr a while ago and was waiting for you to post it here. Really cool build! The street looks so liveley with the marching soldiers and people moving about, minding their business. I especially love the shot down the street (the penultimate photo in your post). The brick-bricks give it a nice period accurate atmosphere. Lovely collection of soldiers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Khorne said:

I saw this on Flickr a while ago and was waiting for you to post it here. Really cool build! The street looks so liveley with the marching soldiers and people moving about, minding their business. I especially love the shot down the street (the penultimate photo in your post). The brick-bricks give it a nice period accurate atmosphere. Lovely collection of soldiers!

I second that:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The great builds blend nicely to the story. I don't know why but the hairdresser's room reminded me the one from Sweeny Tod's movie with the white walls and the minimalistic decoration :pir_tong2: . And ofc your build reminds me that I have to do my hair sooner than later since that quarantine is finally finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two story house looks really good, and I like these furnitures. The officer coat fits perfectly, congratz. 

The street scene featuring the Legionnaires looks good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build filled with activity and details. The regiment looks amazing as well ! (Still no match for Sea Rats buccanneers, but I admit they have nice outfits :pir_tong2: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 4:11 PM, Khorne said:

I saw this on Flickr a while ago and was waiting for you to post it here. Really cool build! The street looks so liveley with the marching soldiers and people moving about, minding their business. I especially love the shot down the street (the penultimate photo in your post). The brick-bricks give it a nice period accurate atmosphere. Lovely collection of soldiers!

Thank you. Better late than never right. I loved this build because there was so much going on. On the flip side it was a pain to try an take pictures of because of the very same thing. I'm glad you liked the liveliness. I was going for crowed without being too crowded.

On 5/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, Sir Kingston said:

I second that:thumbup:

Thank you! :thumbup:

On 5/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, blackdeathgr said:

The great builds blend nicely to the story. I don't know why but the hairdresser's room reminded me the one from Sweeny Tod's movie with the white walls and the minimalistic decoration :pir_tong2: . And ofc your build reminds me that I have to do my hair sooner than later since that quarantine is finally finished.

Haha thank you. Trying to make a good story with all going on was tough but I'm glad it worked out. And ofc I am the same way except I'm married to the person who cuts my hair so it is more of trying to find time. :laugh:

On 5/20/2020 at 8:49 PM, Bodi said:

The two story house looks really good, and I like these furnitures. The officer coat fits perfectly, congratz. 

The street scene featuring the Legionnaires looks good too.

Thank you. I tried really hard to place furniture that would go with each house while also making sure it wasn't over crowded. 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, Fraunces said:

Great build filled with activity and details. The regiment looks amazing as well ! (Still no match for Sea Rats buccanneers, but I admit they have nice outfits :pir_tong2: )

Thank you. The different posed to make it look lively was fun. (We aim to be best dressed and even better at killing rats :pir-devil:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.