After the arrival of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines, and the establishment of the settlement, civilians followed. One of the first of these new arrivals was a mapmaker, naturally. It was a sound business move as the ever-growing Corrish scientific community was eager to have the most accurate and novel maps. In addition, a new settlement is a great place to find work, whether you’re a sailor, farmer, or carpenter. With little shortage of manpower, small shops and dirt streets were established along the coast of the Landing. Furthermore, Annettaskrona must be surveyed for possible foreign troop movements and/or positions. Karlton will be at the forefront of this endeavour, where his marines will penetrate further into the dense and rather muddy jungle.

49914613286_b1d280028b.jpg

49914109628_09323deb79.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/2j3MuPp

(The SNOT tiles on the front give the appearance that the studs aren’t connected to the plate, an oversight noticed too late:pir-tongue:)

Task 3 for Redcoats Rule, and small artisan in Brickford’s Landing- C&C welcomed (I now see the merits of BrickArms muskets)

Edited by Ayrlego
Fixed broken Flickr Links

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Your builds are definitely improving! A great addition to Brickford Landing!

The border helps out too!

Edited by Sir Kingston

20 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

I now see the merits of BrickArms muskets

I like the nice little build. The border does help. As for the muskets, I agree. I have some myself that I can't wait to use in some builds.

Edited by merc

I can Just repeat what the Others two Said, you're improving and this Looks really good!

18 hours ago, Legonaut said:

I can Just repeat what the Others two Said, you're improving and this Looks really good!

Thanks, I’m glad you like it!

Edited by Sir Kingston

A simple but effective build. Those bayonets are really nice!

6 hours ago, Khorne said:

A simple but effective build. Those bayonets are really nice!

Bayonets do really add to the appearance.

It’s simple for sure, but hopefully I can provide some more elaborate builds in the future. :pir-tongue:

Edited by Sir Kingston

Nice work and there are a lot of great details for such a small scene. The blue pants on the Officer/NCO work surprisingly well. I'm not too sure about the bluey tiles on the roof and the tree looks nice but appears to be growing out of the roof? Neither detract from the scene however and it's definitely a :thumbup: for GOC from me.

46 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice work and there are a lot of great details for such a small scene. The blue pants on the Officer/NCO work surprisingly well. I'm not too sure about the bluey tiles on the roof and the tree looks nice but appears to be growing out of the roof? Neither detract from the scene however and it's definitely a :thumbup: for GOC from me.

Thanks, I consider this to be more of a transitional build for myself, as the overall quality leaves much to be desired in certain aspects. However, I do hope that future builds will represent an enhancement in appearance and detail:pir-tongue:. The blue pants (while they weren’t exclusive to officers) are inspired by the Royal Marines’ winter service wool navy trousers. 

:thumbup: from me. Great little build as there is a lot packed in there. I like the addition of foliage in such a small scene. My only critique is that the officer is carrying his weapon on the opposite shoulder and backwards of the other troops. That seems contrary to the orderliness of Corrish troops.