Sign in to follow this  
Perterz

[MOC] WatchinOut

Recommended Posts

I’ve created this watchtower as a symbol of looking out for eachother in these uncertain times. I made the choice of adding a white flag on top as a symbol of peace and hope. Stay safe!

 

WatchinOutWatchinOut

 

Flickr

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nicely done!  Excellent job with the stonework and tapering on the tower, and the landscape colors and roof are great as well :classic:  I really like the wooden supports along the outside of the tower before the top and the flag too - I'm surprised by how well that technique works for a flag waving in the wind! :thumbup:  If I've got one nitpick, it be that the tan in the flag makes it the same color-scheme as the Tudor, but that's a really minor point on a great build! :wink:  Congrats on the front-page!

And looking over your Flickr page, I see you've got a lot of great medieval stuff - have you ever thought of joining us over in the Guilds?  We'd love to have you! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always in envy of builders who can match angles like that. Superb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the angled roof, looks great and the colors are a great choice.  The greebling on the tower is excellent.  The base is also very good, I like the color varieties and the use of plates and slopes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using orange for the path is an awesome choice. It compliments the dark green and bright blue very well. Height of the tower is imposing and as others have mentioned the reductions in diameter are done well.

Really great MOC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, Paul Corbak said:

Wow, awesome tower ! The roof is crazy, great job :)

Thank you very much!

 

On 5/18/2020 at 8:51 PM, Garmadon said:

Very nicely done!  Excellent job with the stonework and tapering on the tower, and the landscape colors and roof are great as well :classic:  I really like the wooden supports along the outside of the tower before the top and the flag too - I'm surprised by how well that technique works for a flag waving in the wind! :thumbup:  If I've got one nitpick, it be that the tan in the flag makes it the same color-scheme as the Tudor, but that's a really minor point on a great build! :wink:  Congrats on the front-page!

And looking over your Flickr page, I see you've got a lot of great medieval stuff - have you ever thought of joining us over in the Guilds?  We'd love to have you! 

 

Thank you! I see your point with the Tan in the flag.. Especially since the textures are both pretty much the same aswell.. I’ll keep this in mind and maybe design a new flag.

About the Guilds, I do am interested in that. I’ve look through it several times but I’m affraid I don’t have enough time to participate. But when I do, I would be happy to join!

 

On 5/18/2020 at 10:09 PM, Redroe said:

I am always in envy of builders who can match angles like that. Superb.

Thank you very much!

it’s really lots of trial and error, also trying different parts and connections to achieve the angles you need.

Take a look at my Instagram (@peeterskevin_belug), I’ve a post up where I show some WIP pictures of this. It shows how I made it.

 

On 5/19/2020 at 4:38 AM, zoth33 said:

I love the angled roof, looks great and the colors are a great choice.  The greebling on the tower is excellent.  The base is also very good, I like the color varieties and the use of plates and slopes.  

Thank you!

I really love working with color, it’s always great to hear people appreciate that!

 

On 5/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, kris kelvin said:

The roof is especially nice :)

Thank you very much!

 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:58 PM, mrcp6d said:

Using orange for the path is an awesome choice. It compliments the dark green and bright blue very well. Height of the tower is imposing and as others have mentioned the reductions in diameter are done well.

Really great MOC!

Thanks so much!

It took some time to get the reductions in diameter a good fit with the 3 different stone tower modules, glad it shows!

 

On 5/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Epic!

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is amazing.  I love it!  The vine creeping up the side was a nice detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 6:49 PM, SCLego said:

This is amazing.  I love it!  The vine creeping up the side was a nice detail.

Thank you very much, the vine actually was added last minute while building the base landscape.

 

On 5/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, Jcreations912 said:

Wow!! That is insanely detailed. Such a cool model!

Thank you very much! Glad you like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.