ask_j

42008 and many more motorized in the past, but not able to build because of LDD

Hi All,

I am new to .lxf files. I saw on rebrickable that there are many technic motorized builds, but it is difficult to build as LDD is not loading all the parts of a lxf file and when I tried creating instructions using F7, it is placing the parts in air and many of those are not even connected. Can someone please help on how to proceed on this?

example:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-5594/Chilekesh/42008-service-truck-full-rc/#bi

Hi!

First, make sure, that You change LDD into LDD Extended view. View - New themes - LDD Extended. This view contains much more parts, than the normal view. After this try to open the model.

LDD instruction creator and Technic... well, forget it. LDD can not handle automatically the required building steps sequence... and actually none of the softwares can. It would be the dream, and would save days / weeks of work on pdf instructions.

The best way is to undress a modell, to see how it is built up - but definitely it is not recommended for beginners.

Sorry to disappoint, but this is it. Nonetheless, you can analyse the model, and you can build your own version for sure, have fun!

Edited by agrof

I've seen some videos-instructions made from LDD model, where model was built and then all parts removed. Afterwards the video was basically reversed to produce the video instructions themselves.

So I'm not sure how deep is "undo" buffer in LDD, but you can try deleting all parts one-by-one (or some sub-assemblies) and then undo these deletions, to basically build model from scratch.

2 hours ago, zux said:

I've seen some videos-instructions made from LDD model, where model was built and then all parts removed. Afterwards the video was basically reversed to produce the video instructions themselves.

So I'm not sure how deep is "undo" buffer in LDD, but you can try deleting all parts one-by-one (or some sub-assemblies) and then undo these deletions, to basically build model from scratch.

I would not do that. I'd use the hide tool instead.

thanks a lot for quick response. I tried loading the .lxf file using the LDD extended view, bit it still doesn't load 98 pieces. 

Which LDD version you are using? It is known that latest version available to download from LEGO is missing some parts, that were previously available. However, there is way fixing this issue.

Open in Stud.io and start making Steps from there or just hide/unhide what you want to see.
Creating instructions from a design is as much work as making the design itself, effort is needed, there is no easy fix.