nwbricks

[MOC] Big Red Engine Shed

Hey guys, some of you may already have seen my machine tools. Today I've more or less finished the outside of the building they live in. It's a train engine maintenance / small repairs workshop. Still a bit of work to do on the interior and the doors, but I think its about 99% done (nothing is ever really finished though right?!)

Here's a few photos - planning to take some better detail shots in the next couple of days. 

And a video that I can't work out how to embed!

cynkW4S.jpg

yOJrhfK.jpg

VShuk1J.jpg

x7BretT.jpg

Wow! That's amazing. You get a 100% from me. Great usage of the curve slopes and vent pieces for air conditioning units there along with black pieces for the roof. I also like the interior shots. Is it really that big that I could fit a camera. If only Lego would actually give us another engine shed. 

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm doing some more detailed shots and techniques on my instagram but not sure if I'm allowed to plug that here! :D

This is wonderful!  Definitely feels like what 10027 would be if released today.  Great use of the profile bricks for the exterior with enough interest added to break it up (especially the scattered greenery), and the interior feels just right.  The crane is nicely integrated.  Love the windows, too.  Awesome build!  :sweet:

On 5/21/2020 at 6:51 PM, Jerry McGlade said:

Really amazing work!

On 5/21/2020 at 7:58 PM, deraven said:

This is wonderful!  Definitely feels like what 10027 would be if released today.  Great use of the profile bricks for the exterior with enough interest added to break it up (especially the scattered greenery), and the interior feels just right.  The crane is nicely integrated.  Love the windows, too.  Awesome build!  :sweet:

Thanks both! :blush: Man, I totally missed 10027 - it came out just as I was going into my dark ages. I'm glad you made the comparison :)