Kaero

Bricklink & Multiple Orders & Multiple Wanted lists: solved, new utility

I cannot figure how to use Bricklink with Multiple Wanted lists and Multiple orders. Tried searching google, tried looking for some software, no luck.

Imagine I am gathering bricks for two MOCs MOC1, MOC2. MOC1 requires 10 bricks 2x4, black. MOC2 requires 5 bricks 2x4, black. I create two wanted lists (WL1, WL2) in bricklink, select both of them for shopping, and buy 12 bricks from some shop - the shop had limited supply. Now I want to apply order to wanted lists. I apply order to WL1, after this to WL2. Big surprise, both wanted lists show I have buyed all needed bricks, 15 in total, while in real I have got only 12.

How do you solve this issue? Possibilities:

1, During applying orders, one can select number of bricks applied to a wanted list manually. This is terrible work for larger number of bricks.

2, One can join two wanted lists together, and just buy and buy till this joined list is completed. But, one can already finished buying bricks for MOC1, and not notice it. Or one have to compare required bricks again and again. Terrible. Also issues arise when another wanted lists are generated.

I thought Brickstock software is able to do such a thing. It can subtract two lists of bricks. But it can result in negative numbers of bricks. I have not found better way.

Is there some easy way?

It seems to me I must have missed something - there is so many people doing number of huge MOCs, someone must have solved it already.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Kaero

There is not really a better way apart from doing it manually. Updating multiple lists is tricky. After all, how does BL know whether you want 10 bricks to go to WL1 and 2 to WL2 or 7 to WL1 and 5 to WL2. Of course, it would help if they reduced the number if you apply say 5 to WL2, then there would be only 7 left to apply to WL1. But I think you have to do it yourself.

So the problem is solved.

I wrote myself a simple utility. Next I thought maybe someone other would like it, so I made a graphical user interface and windows build. All help is in the linked webpage. Enjoy.

The software is tested, I have used it myself, but please be tolerant, I use linux 99.5 % of my time and something can be different in windows. If you are bold to try it, tell me your experience.

https://gitlab.com/KaeroDot/applyblorder/

applyBLorderG.jpg

htmllog.jpg