ParmBrick

[GBW] - Supporting the war effort - Plighia - P12A3 "Wolverine" MBT new ERAs Test at Catway Proving Ground

At Catway Proving Ground, General Elisa Tress was called by the operational director of the APMIP (Advanced Plighia Military Innovative Projects), Robert Pauli, to attend the definitive test of the capabilities of the new ERA (Explosive Reactive Armor) nicknamed "ADAMANT", with which will be equipped with the old and new MBT of the Plighia army. In this case they are tested on the new and more innovative MBT P12A3 "Wolverine".

49906328442_1b0ef8c803_c.jpgP12A3 "Wolverine" ERA Test at Catway Proving Ground by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Director Pauli: "we managed to develop an innovative system of ERA plates that guarantee almost total protection from the weapons of our enemies, we called it ADAMANT. In practice it is a system with layers of explosives and metal plates that can block any type of warhead or bullet. It can even block tandem heads that manage to penetrate normal ERAs, the disadvantage is that it is very heavy, and significantly decreases the speed and agility of the tank ".

Gen. Tress: "I read the project reports, which my collaborators followed step by step. The words for our new government are no longer enough, the facts are needed, especially now that international tensions are at the highest levels. I am confident that your department has succeeded. Is of vital importance".

49906327322_76bac19fe8_c.jpgP12A3 "Wolverine" ERA Test at Catway Proving Ground by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Director Pauli: "I understand your concern and impatience, this project has lasted for years and we guarantee that it will not be a failure. At this moment one of our operators is loading the test cannon, it is a cannon of the type mounted on the P12A3, a 125mm York C233, we will use a tandem ammunition to better test the new ERAs ".

Gen. Tress: "excellent, remember, this technology, in addition to remaining secret, must go to war sooner or later, if it is a success, your department will be further financed. "

49906327882_66405486d9_c.jpgP12A3 "Wolverine" ERA Test at Catway Proving Ground by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Director Pauli: "in this bunker we will be safe, from here you have the perfect view of the test area. A very high speed video camera will retake the test, in case of fire, the test area is equipped with a hydrant. Lucas, report. "

*Test area alarm sounds*

Lucas (gun operator): "all systems are online and fully functional, have already started recording, the sensors in the tank are operational and the weapon is loaded with the correct tandem bullet. Countdown starts: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 .. ".

49905512783_740139b36a_c.jpgP12A3 "Wolverine" ERA Test at Catway Proving Ground by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Lucas (gun operator): "3, 2, 1.. Fire!"

*Boom!*

*The smoke dissipates*

49906025716_24acd0f29e_c.jpgP12A3 "Wolverine" ERA Test at Catway Proving Ground by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

Lucas (gun operator): "the sensors indicate that the impact has occurred, that the ERA plates have exploded correctly. There was no penetration, the hull is intact, the damage has remained isolated to the impact area. Not even the sensors under the tracks signaled distortions or damages, it can be said definitively that the P12A3 survived ".

Director Pauli: "clean work. These new ERAs are ready to be equipped on our tanks. But we currently have a limited supply, it's a problem. "

Gen. Tress: "good job! We begin to equip our P12A3s with the ADAMANT, for the other tanks the mass production of the new ERAs can already be said to have started. Now the deployment can begin!".

Catway Proving Ground general view:

49906026246_da2f7c74cb_c.jpgP12A3 "Wolverine" ERA Test at Catway Proving Ground by Jordan Parmegiani, su Flickr

2 hours ago, paintballman said:

Nice tank design and interest story

Thank you! The tank is a combination of multiple styles, mostly inspired by the K2 and Leclerc, with some additions. In the future, moreover, I will publish a topic focused on this tank, in the dedicated section. I am trying to develop a story as much as possible in line with the game, and at the same time that it is plausible from every point of view, in anticipation of further developments.

You’ve been awarded (  3 ) points.

Judges’ comments…

This is an interesting build to do. I think someone did a weapons test build very early in the game and haven't seen one since. It is clear that the tank is the focus of the build here. The tank is really great and a nicely planned build. The rest of the build feels like it may have been in a very short time. Some little things that could have added to that may have been covering some of those studs on the ground with tiles or working on the little blast bunker a bit. Great start and look forward to seeing more from you!

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!