Hello everyone,

I ventured a bit into stud.io lately and wanted to have Technic planetary wheel hub 46490c01 from set 42099 so after some investigation and suggestions from facebook and instagram I managed to create three separate parts with all connections between them and "the outer world" as well. Feel free to check it out in my bricksafe folder. I suggest putting all three parts together and group them. The hub and the socket can be rotated independently.

I hope you find it useful and would appreciate your opinions, especially if you do find any mistakes in geometry or connections.

All credits for creating *.dat files for the parts for LDraw go to @Philo - thank you very much.

Best regards,

Miha

800x435.jpg

800x470.jpg

3pin%20hub.JPG case.JPG socket.JPG

Hi Miha,

Found this post yesterday, and thanks for the planetary hub io file!

I used it for rendering my latest MOC; posted today in the Technic section. It shows the hub as well.

Thanks again!

On 5/17/2020 at 1:24 AM, MajklSpajkl said:

All credits for creating *.dat files for the parts for LDraw go to @Philo - thank you very much

You're welcome 😀

I don't doubt it was a good exercise to create connectivity, but I already made the job, a parts pack including the planetary hub is available here (along with other parts!)

https://philohome.com/studio/packs.htm

14 hours ago, Philo said:

You're welcome 😀

I don't doubt it was a good exercise to create connectivity, but I already made the job, a parts pack including the planetary hub is available here (along with other parts!)

https://philohome.com/studio/packs.htm

Wow, that is really a nice package, I wish I'd known about it a year ago when I needed it. I guess I wasn't looking good enough. Thank you very much for sharing!

Edited by MajklSpajkl