Silver.Smith

[MOC] A Little Bit of Magic - Trade District of Albion

49902950347_9bc83a2699_c.jpg

To the delight of the children of Albion the local flower merchant shows off a bit of her magic. How a commoner flower vendor knows this ancient magic, no one knows. And she has drawn more onlookers than just children. Sir Henry Drake on horseback is intrigued, his interest piqued. More concerning is the rogue in the background standing by the inn. What are his intentions? Why is he at this place at the exact moment she cast her spell for the children?...

A Guilds of Historica build - Guild of Avalonia - Trade District of Albion
Flickr Album Link

49902952477_174dc11788_c.jpg

49902646506_d0a6503de0_c.jpg

What a beautiful build to come back to the guilds with!  It sure makes me excited to see more from you!  I'll say it again - the Kali stall is the best part; such a lovely awning.  But the stained glas window is great - really nice in itself, and so whimsically placed right on a wall where you'd never expect something like that.  One more thing I have to mention - the message board.  That's one idea I may end up stealing! :grin:

This is beautiful.  I love the wall, the detailing within the wall itself and the battlements look great especially with the dark gray accenting the battlements.  The vine growing up the wall is a nice detail.  I like all the brick built canopies, the different colors used really add a vibrant look to the scene.  The sand green building is fantastic, I love the roof and the arch way.  I like all the different vendors and their products they are selling, like the mushrooms, books, carrots, apples, etc.  The addition of the green plant pieces in the ground area is a great detail.  The white arch way is very nice with the gold accents and the trans clear colored pieces in the middle.  Great use of animals and the figs to bring the build to life.  Such a great build with so many details.  

Great moc, I love the textures on the walls and ground, the market stalls and minifigures are very well done and the view through the gate is a nice touch too! I also like all the vibrant colours used here and the vines on the walls look great too. 

This is absolutely wonderful, and very lively. So many great details, both in the buildings (the lighting of the spell, the texture of the walls, the banners, the shape of the windows, the vine, the message board to name just a few) and in the minifig posing (even in the background). :wub:

This is a beautifully vibrant build, and packed with details and life without being at all cluttered - in other words, I'm loving it! :wub: :grin:  The dark blue awning against the vine and red flowers is probably my favorite part - so pretty! - but there are too many other amazing things here to note.  Here goes my try anyways though :laugh: - the stained glass window, wizard's bookstore, and message board are fantastic (I hadn't even noticed that last one until I was reading the comments, but I feel like I could keep coming back to this over and over and keep finding new things to discover!), and that wagon is an ingenious way to fill out the scene with something unexpected but very fitting.  The parts usage on those battlements are simply perfect and the use of quarter-tiles all over looks great, and the dark grey patch of stonework on the floor in front (along with the dark orange ones on the edges) is aesthetically ingenious.  Altogether lovely work!

And I would be remiss in not mentioning the excellent photography and the story - way to jump right in to excitement and intrigue!  I'm awaiting in curiosity to see what you have up your sleeves! :excited:

Thank you everyone for such wonderful feedback and support :pir-love: While @Silver.Smith has been doing this a while, this was my first big build. He is a wonderful teacher!! It was so much fun to put together and we can't wait to do more. 

Lovely work, great colours and a very nice balance overall. Keep it up!

This is very lovely composition, and you guys have struck a perfect balance between colors, details, and activity, so that this feels rich and full of life without overwhelming the eyes.  I love your stalls and their contents, your vegetation is very nice, and the crumbing facade on the inn is lovely, but I really appreciate how the crenelations on your walls act to frame the whole scene. Welcome back, and job well done!

Wow! :wub:  Such a cool MOC.  All the colors pop, and the little scenes with the groups of minifigs are perfect.  Neat techniques and shaping are all over the place; in particular, I really like the windows in the left wall.

Thanks for all of the kind words all. It's good to be back building for GoH again!

Wow, welcome back!  What a build of Albion, too!  It's such a great build and you have so many awesome things going on it's hard to know where to start.  First, the overall color scheme is fantastic.  I love the bright colors against the grey background.  It gives it the castle feel while still bringing some excitement into the build.  The detail is really fantastic--the slopes on the blue roofed stall, the stained glass with gold, the random livestock that would be quite realistic for the period, the goods tied to the wagon roof with the net (really awesome!), and the non-square layout to the whole thing.  I also like the way the streets are paved (showing the importance of the capital).  I am very excited to see your work!

Wow, this is fantastic! :pir-love:

A beautiful scene with a great mix of colours that give life to the scene. 

Absolutely stunning!:drool: Love all the details, like the lanterns at the corners of the roof and the different markets stalls. I could almost mention it all, it works all so well together. Also a very nice touch of adding a background wall behind the gate!

Good seeing you build in Historica again!:classic:

I saw this during the virtual Brickworld and now it’s been highlighted on the front page I’m seeing it again. A very vibrant scene - and I like the textures you’ve added to the crenellations. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome build! There's a lot of great techniques here, from the roofing to that cart on the left side. The great colors make for a very eye-catching MOC, as well!

Wow @Silver.Smith, this is fantastic.

There's just so much going on; I love it! I love it so much that I've set it as my desktop wallpaper.

Congratulations on a great build.

This is a wonderful build! I love all the detail, especially the little stalls, and the really clear photography.

This looks great, I really like the windows with flower boxes and the blue awning!