Sign in to follow this  
Legodt

[MOC] Tour Montparnasse - Paris Skyscraper

TOUR MONTPARNASSE

Created using thousands of LEGO bricks with a 1:180 scale. The LEGO version is approximately 46" tall.

TourMontparnasse1

Link to photos: Tour Montparnasse

Commonly named Tour Montparnasse, this 689' office skyscraper is located in the Maine-Montparnasse area of Paris, France. Constructed from 1969 to 1973, it was the tallest skyscraper in France until 2011.

At the time of construction, it was considered the most controversial building in Paris. At this time, it is undergoing a complete re-design and overhaul, which was initiated in 2015 by a design contest.

The LEGO version required intricate building techniques in order create a mirror image of each quadrant and to bend the broad facade into the shape of an almond. There is a robust interior structure which was necessary to preserve the shape and maintain the integrity of the entire building. The LEGO version is comprised of four distinct sections: base/foundation, main section #1, main section #2, and the upper levels.

This creation took about one month to design and build.  This was my Covid lockdown project.

TourMontparnasse2

TourMontparnasse3

TourMontparnasse4

TourMontparnasse5

TourMontparnasse6

TourMontparnasseBuild3

TourMontparnasseBuild1

Edited by Legodt
Uploading photos

I don't see Eric and Ramzy in there...:laugh: (if you have no clue about it, check out the french movie "La tour Mont Parnasse infernale")

Awesome build!

Edited by HereWeGoAgain

I recall seeing this as a work in progress in the background of some of the photos of your storage solutions in your article over at Brickset, so very exciting to see it finished! Excellent work and interesting building techniques - love all your other Paris MOCs too!

Great job!!!

10 hours ago, HereWeGoAgain said:

I don't see Eric and Ramzy in there...:laugh: (if you have no clue about it, check out the french movie "La tour Mont Parnasse infernale")

Awesome build!

Et il manque aussi un chinois!!!!!

Is that minifig scale or micro scale? Looks like between minifig and micro scale to me 

I can tell this is an incredibly small model built in an extremely short space of time.  
Joking - this is a colossus of LEGO skyscrapers that obviously took hours and hours of your time.  Congratulations on such an amazing build, and the others, particularly the Gare de Lyon, are also impressive.