On 7/5/2020 at 10:21 AM, Berthil said:

Uploaded a new BI with improved ball catcher, thanks @OneMoreRobot

Thank you for the update. I am over 1 month now awaiting a parts shipment from Germany. We have started an insurance claim against DHL for a lost package. Everything in that shipment was for this project. I will have to source some of those rare and expensive parts (the chrome cups) somewhere else.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:42 AM, Berthil said:

The instruction is free of charge so you can download to have a look? I developed the wheel for this module where it is more visible, especially at 1:40

@Berthil did you ever develop plans for this GBC? I am working on he Tensegrity GBC now. The front end of this module is almost identical. I would like to build both. Hope all is well, I have not posted to you in a while.

@rskamen there are no plans for that one. The remote gets destroyed every two days on events despite limiter so I took it apart and re-used it for the Tensegrity.

2 hours ago, Berthil said:

@rskamen there are no plans for that one. The remote gets destroyed every two days on events despite limiter so I took it apart and re-used it for the Tensegrity.

Thank you for your quick reply. I am still awaiting parts for the Tensegrity, but working on it as best I can. Will let you know the final outcome.

@Berthil - I am finished with the entire front end of this Tensegrity. Just a few questions. Is there a better way to secure the large gear wheel (that the buckets attach to). It wants to jump out of place and the small tires do not hold it securely. I have tried it with tight tension and loose tension on the wheels. Also, the buckets themselves swing very freely, thus when the wheel is pushed to the next bucket, the balls tend to fly (fall) out of the buckets. It is almost a violent motion in pushing the wheel around. The buckets swing back and forth. Any suggestions?  (I might try it with my transformer and run it at a slower speed that using a battery box. I am also continuing to fine tune the timing of the bucket wheel and the stepper as well as the ball pusher on top. Any thoughts on that?  By the way, I am using large glass marbles instead of the Lego ball bearings on the bottom of the bucket holder modules. They weight  3 ounces. Thank you and I hope all is well with you and your family.

Edited by rskamen

@rskamen I don't have any of these issues when running on position 3, 4 or 5 of the train power supply. So I think you are running it too fast and thus too violent. Use the black 36t gear to fine tune the emptier at the top of the wheel when all other is finished. There is only one correct position but very easy to do that there. The small wheel stopper at that position is also important to make sure the wheel doesn't overshoot. Also make sure the whole wheel is mounted straight and not leaning forward or backward, adjustment is done with the bottom four wheels which should not be too tight on the wheel.

Edited by Berthil

2 minutes ago, Berthil said:

@rskamen I don't have any of these issues when running on position 3, 4 or 5 of the train power supply. So I think you are running it too fast and thus too violent.

I will let you know how it works with the train power supply. I am guessing it has too much power now to run smoothly. Thanks for that very quick response/

Hello Berthil,

thank you for doing the instructions for this module, like @rskamen im also going to build the sorter part instead of the tensgrity part as i have some servos and remotes that i have never used, so i would love to use them for this. are you ok if @dunes and i do a file for the color sorter?

Aron

@9v system Hi Aron, no problem. Please note the exit of the color sorter with all those 3mm hoses was hard to get right and didn't work 100% at events. I recommend a simpler exit. When I made it I was planning on maybe integrating it with the Ball Factory V3 to have a white and orange ball in the buckets when sorted but it never got to that. If events pickup I may try to make a color sorter based on PoweredUp for that purpose and try to visualize the sorting for the public through the app. Just let me know if you need help making the color sorter.

12 hours ago, Berthil said:

@9v system Hi Aron, no problem. Please note the exit of the color sorter with all those 3mm hoses was hard to get right and didn't work 100% at events. I recommend a simpler exit. When I made it I was planning on maybe integrating it with the Ball Factory V3 to have a white and orange ball in the buckets when sorted but it never got to that. If events pickup I may try to make a color sorter based on PoweredUp for that purpose and try to visualize the sorting for the public through the app. Just let me know if you need help making the color sorter.

fantastic, will keep that in mind, do you have any more photos of the module?

@Berthil are you able to send me the file for the wheel lift part? i promise not to share it anywhere, it would be great if i could get this so i can can start on the tube run part of the module

Thanks

@Berthil - while looking at Rebrickable the other day, I noticed that your instructions for the Tensegrity GBC were dated November 27, 2020. The instructions I used to build this were dated much earlier in the year. Is this a newer version and are they any changes from the original posting? Let's all hope 2021 is a much better year.

@Berthil Thank you for such a quick reply. I have it working fairly well, although the large ring with the cups that holds the balls sometimes does not stay in place.

Edited by rskamen

On 1/11/2021 at 11:21 AM, rskamen said:

@Berthil Thank you for such a quick reply. I have it working fairly well, although the large ring with the cups that holds the balls sometimes does not stay in place.

i finished this as well with the ball sorter part on it and it works well, do you have any video of your ball factory yet?