Looks great and functions well.  Great execution!  Beyond the tensegrity elements, I love the way the lifter + pusher look and operate.  Wonderful build.  :sweet:

Very nice, I like how the sections shake a little when a ball is running over it. Very satisfying to watch, even though the module isn't really doing anything.

Edited by Gray Gear

Fantastic module and very clean look! I love the lifting mechanism - did you use 3rd party steel balls or are those from LEGO?

Thank you all!

1 hour ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Fantastic module and very clean look! I love the lifting mechanism - did you use 3rd party steel balls or are those from LEGO?

These are genuine LEGO, from the EV3 education sets.

Congratulations on another ingenious GBC creation, performs wonderfully with a nice application of the trending tensigrity sculpture :thumbup:

Very nice. So, if I understand well, the central idea of this GBC is gravity balancing: not just the tensegrity paths but also the lift chairs. Well done!

as i mentioned on the world wide GBC group , this is a really nice module, and big thanks for taking the time to make the instructions

Outstanding build and execution. I already started ordering parts along with what I need to finish up my Akiyuki Fork-to-Fork. Is there any possible alternative build or parts that can be substituted for the chrome "cups" and the chrome curved pieces on the front delivery end? Those items are rare and rather expensive. I will order what I need and await to see if @Berthil or anyone else comes up with a retrofit for those parts and components. This will be a real conversation piece among my grandchildren if they can ever come visit again (we are still being very cautious with the pandemic). I am glad that there is a forum on this GBC to further improve or develop alternative parts and components. Great job @Berthil !

@rskamen Thanks. The chrome macaroni can be replaced with any other color or even brick modified with curved top 6091 and altering some more bricks at that point. You can take any steel ball with about the same diameter, typically used in ball bearings. The chrome cups can be sourced from Chinese copycats.

7 hours ago, Berthil said:

@rskamen Thanks. The chrome macaroni can be replaced with any other color or even brick modified with curved top 6091 and altering some more bricks at that point. You can take any steel ball with about the same diameter, typically used in ball bearings. The chrome cups can be sourced from Chinese copycats.

Thank you @Berthil for your reply and information. Will look at some alternatives. Let's see how this forum develops. A friend borrowed my @Berthil V3 of the Great Ball Factory while he is trying to build the same thing. That my friend is a magnificent build.

That loading wheel is fascinating. I'm trying to figure out the mechanics of the wheel that make it act like a Geneva mechanism. From what I can tell the parts attached to the small turntable act as an escapement mechanism, would you happen to have a video showing that section? 

4 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

That loading wheel is fascinating. I'm trying to figure out the mechanics of the wheel that make it act like a Geneva mechanism. From what I can tell the parts attached to the small turntable act as an escapement mechanism, would you happen to have a video showing that section? 

The instruction is free of charge so you can download to have a look? I developed the wheel for this module where it is more visible, especially at 1:40

Edited by Berthil

5 hours ago, Berthil said:

The instruction is free of charge so you can download to have a look? I developed the wheel for this module where it is more visible, especially at 1:40

I looked at the instructions yesterday, but was very curious to see it move. Thanks for the video, the mechanism to move the wheel is quite clever. 

@Berthil I was able to order the chrome buckets and curved macaroni from a Lego reseller in Germany. Their price was reasonable. I have along way to go in ordering parts but will keep checking this forum for updated information. Any pictures or advice on the Fork-to-Fork? It seems not too complex. I have about 80% of the parts so far. More coming via US Post soon.

7 minutes ago, rskamen said:

@Berthil I was able to order the chrome buckets and curved macaroni from a Lego reseller in Germany. Their price was reasonable. I have along way to go in ordering parts but will keep checking this forum for updated information. Any pictures or advice on the Fork-to-Fork? It seems not too complex. I have about 80% of the parts so far. More coming via US Post soon.

Good to hear. I haven't build the fork to fork so can't comment on that. From what I have read it cannot run fast or it will drop balls.

Very clever and visually appealling, both in it's function and in it's colour. I also love how deliberately minimalist you've made it. Great job :thumbup:

Edited by CrankyCraig

@Berthil there are 7 pieces in instruction 182 and 7 pieces in instruction 185 that look like axles or rods or pieces of 3mm hose. I am not sure what they are or how long they are. I do not see anything in the parts list that looks like these pieces. Can you please identify them for me? I am still awaiting parts from Germany, but because of Covid-19, air freight to the USA is moving slowly. Thank you,

@rskamen  those are 3L bars (87994). I don't know why they were not in the parts list, I've added them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

11 hours ago, Berthil said:

@rskamen  those are 3L bars (87994). I don't know why they were not in the parts list, I've added them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am build a lot of the components while I await more parts for the main structure. Stay well during these trying times.

There is an improvement coming up from @OneMoreRobot, the current friction pin with pin hole causes too much friction at the ball entry at the wheel.
I will update the instructions soon on this point, not a lot of parts involved.

Just now, Berthil said:

There is an improvement coming up from @OneMoreRobot, the current friction pin with pin hole causes too much friction at the ball entry at the wheel.
I will update the instructions soon on this point, not a lot of parts involved.

@Berthil - Excellent. Not a problem. I have not gotten to that point yet. I appreciate the notice on this improvement. Just post when you have updated the file.