Nerd-with-a-Pencil

Monkie Kid TV Show Thread

Still no news on how/when Monkie Kid will be airing in America and Europe, but in the meantime someone on Twitter shared a Google Drive folder of videos where they paired the English audio from the Malaysian rips of the series with the higher quality, commercial free video from the Chinese ones: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S638X0GT9axPyVgE-tfH0XPSQcvYtwyn

At the very least, it's probably a better way for English-speaking viewers to share or rewatch the series than the earlier versions.

This topic hasn't seen much activity lately, so I figure it's time for an update!

The four-episode Lunar New Year special aired in China earlier this week! Here is a link to a Google Drive folder with all the episodes. There are currently some folks on Twitter working on English fansubs, but it's not implausible that the English dub itself might air in countries like Malaysia very soon (since the actual date of the Lunar New Year is tomorrow). I'm hoping that tomorrow may be the date when the sets get "officially" revealed worldwide as well, and that ideally that announcement might accompany news on when and how the series will be distributed in America and Europe (but no guarantees—it wouldn't be the first time I got my hopes up for that news only to have them dashed).

Fingers crossed this gets officially announced for the United States soon. Looking for my next Lego show fix!

Just wanted to pop in with another update. Lego has started to upload the Season 1 episodes to the YouTube in English, but has restricted them to viewers from Malaysia and Singapore. Luckily, fans have downloaded those episodes and reuploaded them to make them available to everyone in high quality! Compared to the Google Drive folder I shared earlier (which combined the visuals from the Chinese dub with the audio from the English dub), this is the fully dubbed version, meaning that not only is the audio English but so are occasional instances of text such as signage or comic-book style sound effects. Here is a link to a YouTube playlist of the episodes, which will hopefully remain available at least until Lego finally gets their act together and makes the episodes more widely available worldwide.