Bob

Pirates Mafia III - Day Nine

GE14K8S.jpg

Players Only Please in your anonymous accounts! Make sure you change your password!

Day Nine: Look Out!

7lHZLh8.jpg

Fred Dumont is watching out for enemy ships late at night on the fort's tower.

"This doesn't bode well."

thN8fFg.jpg

"It's a darn shame that I had to pull lookout tonight. I wish I brought a lantern."

He didn't seem to notice the figure climbing up behind him.

zubiccY.jpg

STAB

"Oh! What cruel fate! If only I was better at looking out, I could have checked behind me." 

RPbeSsO.jpg

Fred was left dying as the figure ran off into the darkness.

eHNwdAv.jpg

FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

"WHERE IS THE NEW DAY????"

FWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

UvasKJn.jpg

"Well." Broadside started. "We're all that's left of the garrison. I don't know where Liam and Patrick have run off to. All the other NPCs seem to have vanished as well."

He looked among the remaining three.

"Andrew Laurent was an Imperial Guard, so good job on that one. However, we lost Fred Dumont. He was a Loyal Soldier. Good luck today!"

---

Day Nine has now begun! There are 72 hours left in this day. With 3 players, a majority of 2 is required to send someone to the firing line.

With only three players left, I will give the option to end the day early if there is a unanimous vote on it. 

Players (3):
GuyRnny.jpg
Governor Broadside - NPC
6gwcCbE.jpg
Peter Lyon - Lieutenant of the Fort
6vrQMD7.jpg
Emmett Ware - Soldier
3OazMdx.jpg
Vincent Denis - Tubist

The Dead:
AbBMdQJ.jpg
Remi Blaise - Blown to pieces on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
hCpWzHz.jpg
Michael Lavoie - Mod-killed on Night One (Loyal Soldier)
eym0u3t.jpg
Joshua Levitt - Executed on Day Two (Imperial Guard)
8omDvnY.jpg
Jean Pelley - Stabbed in the back on Night Two (Loyal Soldier)
eC1vqL5.jpg
Alex Howe - Shot on Day Three (Loyal Soldier)
EbeuZP5.jpg
Justin Reynaud - Executed on Day Four (Loyal Soldier
Iu2hDWN.jpg
Daniel Lucas - Struck by a wheel on Night Four (Loyal Soldier)
zwWiPUx.jpg
Fabien Bellamy - Shot on Day Five (Loyal Soldier)
jI6NjAe.jpg
Robin Tremblay - Stabbed on Night Six (Loyal Soldier)
K6YJ1K2.jpg
Trenton Monette - Executed on Day Seven (Imperial Guard)
YQUXzCd.jpg
Aiden Leon - Beheaded on Night Seven (Loyal Soldier)
dmaHAdw.jpg
Andrew Laurent - Eventually shot on Day Eight (Imperial Guard)
5jmZSYC.jpg
Fred Dumont - Forked on Night Eight (Loyal Soldier)

Rules (VERY IMPORTANT):
1) Every player has received their own character account. Make sure you do not post in thread with your normal Eurobricks account. This game is anonymous, you are not to disclose your character anywhere on the forums. In thread, you must not say who you actually are. 
2) In addition, it is a bit of an honor rule that you do not share who you are to any other player, even if they are on your team, in private.
3) You are either a Loyal Soldier or an Imperial Guard. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the scum will win. Any third party characters have their own win conditions.
4) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
5) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote as soon as the day starts. Note, even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. If the day length needs to be shortened at any time, I will make that decision.
      5a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads. You can only PM during the night phase, please, including scum.
6) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.
7) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
8) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. When you die, you are not to reveal your identity or participation if you decided to sign up anonymously.
9) Don't edit your posts, please!
10) Please try to post every day!

11) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures
12) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

Please ensure you are posting in the anonymous accounts that I have sent to you! Do not post in your Eurobricks account!

•  

*Fwooooooooooma fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom!*

Hey, everybody! Remember this?

On 4/6/2020 at 12:29 AM, Vincent Denis said:

*fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom*

I said earlier that these seemed like jokes but then I started thinking this type of joking is kind of WIFOM-ish. "I'll start by suspecting everyone who's posted before me. Scum would never do that." Coupled with the rest of Andrew's actions, I don't like it so much.

The coin flips is what gets me here. Sounds like he's trying too hard to explain his actions. Also, "We don't know if we have any night abilities..." seems a bit like fishing to me. Maybe he's looking for someone to disagree with him. He's talking about getting us all organized, trying to encourage a town block and we know those can be infiltrated by scum who appear like well-intentioned townies.

This is the second time he's tried to scare us over the PM restrictions and encourages us to talk more. About what? Our night actions or lack thereof? More subtle fishing.

Great job Andrew! Look how much Michael has posted since you voted for him. Bob said he's looking for a replacement so you're likely poking nobody here. These actions seem like a townie over-eager to lead or a scum trying too hard to appear like a townie. There's not a lot to go on on day one and I could be barking up the wrong tree, but Andrew has posted for times and I've felt a ping in each one of those. 

Vote: Andrew Laurent

*fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom* This one's a march so there's no fwommas *fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom fwom*

You don't? Because it was like nine months ago? Well, it was the first vote I placed in the game. I was suspicious of him for a few days but it got lost in a terrible noise. Remember that terrible noise that used to fill the fort? What was that? Oh, yeah, I remember what it was. Do you remember this?

On 4/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, Daniel Lucas said:

Andrew's and Justin's intentions are quite straightforward to me, they were voting for the absent ones to get some reaction. I don't think there is anything more complexity about that.

But it seems Vincent did find something out of the blue, the two soldiers' reason mentioned above. This seems overly forced to me. I don't believe he would truly think them as scum just because of early poke votes. Either he is poking as well or trying to push some scum agenda. His sarcastic behaviour towards both of them tells me he is in the process of argument fabrication.

Vote: Vincent Denis

And then four more days of that? Except they were like 5-6 times longer than that each time? Remember? Well, guess what!!!! I was fucking right with my very first post in the game and the suspicion I ran with up until Justin flipped Town. Or, rather, before that a bit since Andrew seemed to be part of the Town block or whatever. It's all a blurry fog cloud mist horrible vortex of bad memories. I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom* I was right! *Fwooooooom*

:pir-blush: What do you mean gloating isn't becoming? I was right! I don't care, I'm gloating.

Anyway, back to business. Peter, Emmett, golly gosh kids, what the fuck do you think happened last night? More, importantly, who wants to hear a tuba celebration?

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: A celebration to last throughout the year? *Fwom fwomma fwomma! Fwomma fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwomma fwom fwom*

Gloat all you want about Andrew, but you could have fucking listened to me and be gloating about Peter instead, then Andrew today.

But no! Let's not lynch the killer, let's lynch the obvious scum blocker instead, what could possibly go wrong? "But the wiki says it passes on forever" ... You know what, fuck the wiki. There is no proof of that. We knew who the killer was and let him survive into the night. Ridiculous! :pir-upset:

Fine, whatever, we have today to finish this.

Given that I expected Peter to be blocked and therefore unable to do anything, I tracked Vincent again. Went right back to the beginning of this whole ordeal. Figured it could have all been some elaborate rouse and him all along. He targeted nobody.

So there we go, our end result will be decided by whether or not he can really win with the town or scum, and which one he chooses. Assuming he doesn't have to be a sole survivor and just kills us both. I can't second guess everything, I can only win with the town, which means I have to make my last educated vote ...

Vote: Peter Lyon

Hah!  I told you it was Emmett.  Fred blocked me last night, may he rest in peace.

Vote: Emmett Ware

Vincent, it's going to be your call if you want to reward Emmett on his scum play or if you want to let the town win.

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwom*

Now am I going to place a simple vote or am I going to make a big dramatic show of it? Hmmmmmmmmmm...

MR-First-Look.jpg

So, I'm going to write a play. A musical with tuba accompaniment. Wait, no I'm not. 

Let's start with Emmett. Emmett may be the Scummiest player left in his general attiturde and supposed non-familiarity with EB Mafia standards. "Lynching the killer would stop the kill." "I fully reject the idea of a Scum tracker." :pir-hmpf: I know it's been a while since you've played, but does memory serve you as the opposite of the reality you lived 8 years ago?? His resistance to lynch Peter yesterday really pinged me. It is true that he could've lied about being blocked and actually killed Aiden. Also, he could've lied today about tracking me, it wouldn't be hard to guess that I don't do anything, since if he's Scum he knows I'm not and therefore have no reason to lie about my role. But, with Andrew being Scum (GLOAT!!!) and us still being around today that means there were two Scum yesterday. Emmett was in a position to say I targeted Aiden and get everyone to lynch me. Andrew was certainly trying to convince everyone to lynch me. I'm operating under the assumption that with no kill on a night when Emmett was protected and Peter was blocked, that the Scum tried to kill Emmett. Since Andrew admitted to forgetting the possibility of Robin potentially being a seraph knight, it's possible they tried to kill Emmett with Trenton on both nights Peter was blocked in order to free Peter from suspicion. If Emmett is a tracker, then they wouldn't want him around as he's the most likely to catch Scum in the act of killing. When Trenton was tracked by Emmett targeting nobody, I'm relatively confident, it's because Robin's protection stopped the kill and therefore Trenton did target nobody, but only because his kill was unsuccessful.

Now, Fred. Wait, no. The other beard. Now, Peter. In order to believe Peter is Scum, I have to believe Emmett is telling the truth and vice versa. Peter told us he was blocked last night but the only corroboration we had on that was from Andrew, who admitted to Vanillljliaieuzxswing him. There were plenty of opportunities for Andrew to lie about blocking Peter and allow Peter to kill. Emmett reporting being blocked when Peter claims to also have been blocked (and now we know that one of our blockers has been Scum the whole time), points to Andrew blocking Emmett, freeing up Peter to kill. Again, Andrew chose Emmett and me to go after yesterday, leaving "Poor Peter" in his Town column, only voicing suspicion of him when I pressed him about it. Andrew would know damn well if Peter would be Scum or not, so his ruminating over him possibly being Scum, but definitely not the killer doesn't hold much weight today. Andrew also had the chance to lynch Peter on Day Six and opted for Aiden instead. Add to that Peter's vote for Andrew yesterday. If Peter was Town and thought Emmett was Scum, he shouldn't have voted for Andrew if he thought Emmett was lying about being blocked. He should've stuck to Emmett. It looks more like he voted for a Scum buddy to distance himself. Then, he concluded the day with this:

On 5/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, Peter Lyon said:

As for Fred's blocking target, if we lynch Andrew and he's scum, there will be no kill tonight, regardless of who Fred blocks.  If I'm blocked you will "track" Fred or me and say, "Yep, Fred blocked Peter, let's lynch him" or "Nope, Peter did nothing, he must've been blocked from killing, let's lynch him."  You won't kill anyone because if you do, then you'll be lynched.  You need to have one more town lynch to win, because you can't kill at night unless it's the final kill needed to win.  Fred can block you and the opposite situation happens, with the exception that I can't track anyone.  Assuming we have a tomorrow, the lynch has pretty much already been decided as far as I can tell.

He sets up that if anybody is dead, then Emmett must be Scum, which makes me think he had a strongarm kill. Town had one, Scum should have one, especially if he's the last Scum. If Emmett was Scum today, he'd say "I tracked [Peter or Vincent]. He killed Fred. Let's lynch him and his stupid [beard or tuba]." It would've made it a lot easier for me to choose between these two!

While I'm slightly disturbed that Emmett never mentioned that we knew Fred was blocking Peter (at least that's what Emmett tells me ... :pir-look: ) and there was a kill anyway, he does claim to have tracked me targeting nobody and if he's telling the truth about his Action, then he knows he's not the killer and I'm not the killer, so there's only Fred Peter left. If Emmett is Scum, then he played a diabolically patient game where he chose to never manipulate the Town's belief that he was a Tracker. He could've had me lynched yesterday. My claim of "Neutral Bulleproof Survivor" wouldn't have stood up to a supposed tracking result showing me targeting Aiden. Same goes for today. He could've lynched me or Peter easily by reporting tracking us and seeing that we targeted Fred. That's diabolical to not give us any information that would cause a definite lynch at 1:1:1. If that's the game he chose, then he deserves to win because it's insane. Plus, I'd get to win with him, so whatevs. Is anybody even still reading this or are you just waiting for me to place a vote? :pir-blush:

Vote: Fred Dumont

Shit.

Unvote: Fred Dumont

Vote: Peter Lyon

*Fwom fwom fwom, fwom fwom fwom* :pir-sing: Spinnin' wheel's got to go round, *Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom, fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwoooooom fwoooooooooom*

26 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

He sets up that if anybody is dead, then Emmett must be Scum, which makes me think he had a strongarm kill. Town had one, Scum should have one, especially if he's the last Scum. If Emmett was Scum today, he'd say "I tracked [Peter or Vincent]. He killed Fred. Let's lynch him and his stupid [beard or tuba]." It would've made it a lot easier for me to choose between these two!

That possibility was why I wanted to lynch Peter yesterday, but everyone thought it was better to take out Andrew first. Including Peter. Shocking!  Honestly though, I didn't even consider it for the potential to frame me up, I just live my life in 2013 mafia land, apparently, where I knew all kinds of useful stuff that is no longer relevant. Getting old sucks.  

As for lynching you, I feel like that was a huge scum failure and one where they had so many good opportunities, especially in the early game when you were resisting revealing your role. Maybe they didn't know why it was a good idea specifically, but they knew you had some weird role and that would have been enough reason for me if I had been scum. Never leave a threat alive, and you should have looked like one to them, just as much as you looked like one to us. As things went further along and you claimed neutral, it would have been so easy to do a kill and make it look like you. Add a suggestion for me to track you again, which I would report as not targeting anyone, since you wouldn't have, and I'd have been the lynch the next day. I would say that not night killing me was a failure, but I tend to credit Robin and some lucky blocks with stopping that.

30 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

While I'm slightly disturbed that Emmett never mentioned that we knew Fred was blocking Peter (at least that's what Emmett tells me ... :pir-look: ) and there was a kill anyway, he does claim to have tracked me targeting nobody and if he's telling the truth about his Action, then he knows he's not the killer and I'm not the killer, so there's only Fred Peter left.

Do you remember our torture discussion? I specifically quoted Fred telling me that he was going to block Peter. And I'm the one that doesn't read...

I'm adding this to my post by replying again because there is something wrong with the board software/editor and it is driving me mad. I can't enter, I can't move the cursor arrows, it's just a mess. *shakes fist at board software* Damn kids, get off my lawn!

And now look at the gap and I still can't enter.

I think I know part of the reason my memories are so messed up. I'm basing a lot of this game on Prohibition Mafia, a previous Bob game where I was the 13yr old mafia boss and we royally fucked the town. Clean sweep plus conversion, as I recall. Not having anyone die might be making me misremember how scum killers work. Well, and Baritones 2, but that's your fault. Defecator... I even managed to use that against them. :laugh: 

1 minute ago, Emmett Ware said:

That possibility was why I wanted to lynch Peter yesterday, but everyone thought it was better to take out Andrew first. Including Peter. Shocking!  Honestly though, I didn't even consider it for the potential to frame me up, I just live my life in 2013 mafia land, apparently, where I knew all kinds of useful stuff that is no longer relevant. Getting old sucks.  

As for lynching you, I feel like that was a huge scum failure and one where they had so many good opportunities, especially in the early game when you were resisting revealing your role. Maybe they didn't know why it was a good idea specifically, but they knew you had some weird role and that would have been enough reason for me if I had been scum. Never leave a threat alive, and you should have looked like one to them, just as much as you looked like one to us. As things went further along and you claimed neutral, it would have been so easy to do a kill and make it look like you. Add a suggestion for me to track you again, which I would report as not targeting anyone, since you wouldn't have, and I'd have been the lynch the next day. I would say that not night killing me was a failure, but I tend to credit Robin and some lucky blocks with stopping that.

Do you remember our torture discussion? I specifically quoted Fred telling me that he was going to block Peter. And I'm the one that doesn't read...

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

OK, let me try to spell this out. You didn't mention it today. My point is the only indication I had that Fred said he sent in his Night Action to block Peter was a quote from you. I don't even remember if it was a direct quote or not. Either way, yes, you did tell me. That's literally what I said (parenthetically) in the post where you quoted me. What you didn't say today was "How would Peter have killed Fred if he was being blocked?" In my experience, the kill happens last in the order of Night Actions so if Fred blocked Peter he shouldn't have been able to kill, even if he was targeting Fred. Andrew said he asked Bob about blockers blocking each other and said Bob said it would be a coin flip. Somewhere along the line, people conflated that with blocker vs. killer would also be decided that way. I don't think so. If Peter is Scum, he used a strongarm kill or he was given both a block and a kill. The kill passing along isn't even a Mafia Scum thing, as far as I know, it's standard EB Mafia setup. 

As for not revealing my role, I was trying to get killed and I don't think it ever worked. If Andrew was Scum, he would've known I was protected by Daniel on Night Three when there was no kill, so I think the Scum stayed home that night to implicate Fabien, Justin and me. I think they tried to kill you, once Peter was being blocked, but you had Robin perpetually protecting to you, since he was stuck with you as his only protection target. Notice Robin was the first successful kill after Night Three. They didn't know who he was protecting, so to ensure a kill they went for the protector and judging by Andrew's response, they thought they would've won, except for pesky little neutral me. :pir-wub:

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwom*

8 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

What you didn't say today was "How would Peter have killed Fred if he was being blocked?"

Fair enough. I did mention my own strongarm theory yesterday when we should have killed Peter. I also said that I was expecting Peter to be blocked which was why I tracked you, and I'm glad I did. I think I'd still be having some nagging thoughts otherwise, and I like that not being the case.

10 minutes ago, Vincent Denis said:

If Andrew was Scum, he would've known I was protected by Daniel

The biggest failure of the whole game, right there. Scum getting inside info the whole time. :pir-hmpf: 

15 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

If Peter was Town and thought Emmett was Scum, he shouldn't have voted for Andrew if he thought Emmett was lying about being blocked. He should've stuck to Emmett. It looks more like he voted for a Scum buddy to distance himself. Then, he concluded the day with this:

No, they're both scum so it doesn't matter to me who gets lynched first, just as long as we get one of them.  I wasn't as confident on Andrew because I still considered Fred a possibility, but I was convinced there were two scum remaining so we had to lynch one of them.  I think the whole idea that we had to nab the killer with the lynch is a bit silly.  If the scum had a strongarm kill, they would've used it on one of the three nights when they weren't able to kill.  Not night 3, probably, but after that.  Heck, if I had a strongarm kill and Andrew was my scum buddy, I'd have used it one of those nights when I knew I was going to be blocked.  Hey look, there was a kill when I was blocked, I can't be scum.  That never happened, and it's not like Andrew blocked me every time.  Fred did, too.

15 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

While I'm slightly disturbed that Emmett never mentioned that we knew Fred was blocking Peter (at least that's what Emmett tells me ... :pir-look: ) and there was a kill anyway, he does claim to have tracked me targeting nobody and if he's telling the truth about his Action, then he knows he's not the killer and I'm not the killer, so there's only Fred Peter left. If Emmett is Scum, then he played a diabolically patient game where he chose to never manipulate the Town's belief that he was a Tracker. He could've had me lynched yesterday. My claim of "Neutral Bulleproof Survivor" wouldn't have stood up to a supposed tracking result showing me targeting Aiden. Same goes for today. He could've lynched me or Peter easily by reporting tracking us and seeing that we targeted Fred. That's diabolical to not give us any information that would cause a definite lynch at 1:1:1. If that's the game he chose, then he deserves to win because it's insane. Plus, I'd get to win with him, so whatevs. Is anybody even still reading this or are you just waiting for me to place a vote? :pir-blush:

I think Emmett played the long game because he could.  There was no reason speed things up as long as scum weren't getting lynched.  The blocking actions being known meant that they could wait things out as long as there were enough other players on which to cast suspicion, and I was the key target of a lot of that.  When Trenton's failed mason claim went south, that's the first point at which Andrew and Emmett really had to start thinking about ways to drag this out.  Emmett was quite reluctant to switch from me to Andrew yesterday.

I think Emmett claimed to have tracked you today specifically because I called out yesterday that I thought he would track me or Fred.  He got paranoid that doing exactly what I said would look scummy, so he tried a different claim today.  If he claimed he saw you kill Fred, well that would be pretty risky because that would put you and Andrew as teammates, which was highly unlikely after yesterday.

14 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

That possibility was why I wanted to lynch Peter yesterday, but everyone thought it was better to take out Andrew first. Including Peter. Shocking! 

All of this is why I wanted to take Emmett out yesterday, but everyone thought it was better to take out Andrew first. Including Emmett. Shocking!  :D

14 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

*Fwom fwom fwomma fwom*

OK, let me try to spell this out. You didn't mention it today. My point is the only indication I had that Fred said he sent in his Night Action to block Peter was a quote from you. I don't even remember if it was a direct quote or not. Either way, yes, you did tell me. That's literally what I said (parenthetically) in the post where you quoted me. What you didn't say today was "How would Peter have killed Fred if he was being blocked?" In my experience, the kill happens last in the order of Night Actions so if Fred blocked Peter he shouldn't have been able to kill, even if he was targeting Fred. Andrew said he asked Bob about blockers blocking each other and said Bob said it would be a coin flip. Somewhere along the line, people conflated that with blocker vs. killer would also be decided that way. I don't think so. If Peter is Scum, he used a strongarm kill or he was given both a block and a kill. The kill passing along isn't even a Mafia Scum thing, as far as I know, it's standard EB Mafia setup. 

At this point, the only alternative to Fred blocking me is Fred blocking Vincent.  There's no reason to think he did that based on his public statements yesterday and the fact that he followed Vincent's lead on everything.

I don't think Bob would've given out a block and a kill at this point.  It was night 8 and we had finally nabbed two scum in a row.  It would be a bit of a slap in the face of the hard work put in to do so. Plus, the last time he did that he kind of got reamed for it in the conclusion.

14 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

As for not revealing my role, I was trying to get killed and I don't think it ever worked. If Andrew was Scum, he would've known I was protected by Daniel on Night Three when there was no kill, so I think the Scum stayed home that night to implicate Fabien, Justin and me. I think they tried to kill you, once Peter was being blocked, but you had Robin perpetually protecting to you, since he was stuck with you as his only protection target. Notice Robin was the first successful kill after Night Three. They didn't know who he was protecting, so to ensure a kill they went for the protector and judging by Andrew's response, they thought they would've won, except for pesky little neutral me. :pir-wub:

The simplest answer is that Emmett inherited the scum kill from Trenton and all his talk of how he doesn't remember that is possible is a way of distancing himself from the fact that he got to inherit it.  Maybe he was genuinely surprised when he found out and then thought that would be a good reaction to have publicly, too.

13 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

Fair enough. I did mention my own strongarm theory yesterday when we should have killed Peter. I also said that I was expecting Peter to be blocked which was why I tracked you, and I'm glad I did. I think I'd still be having some nagging thoughts otherwise, and I like that not being the case.

The strongarm theory doesn't hold any water for reasons stated above and Fred clearly didn't block you.  The only reason to not track Fred or me is if you were 100% convinced that Andrew was scum.  If that's true, you shouldn't have tracked Vincent either because Andrew spent all day yesterday trying to get us to lynch Vincent.  When Andrew's head was on the chopping block and he was thisclose to victory, he went after Vincent.  You knew Andrew was scum and that neither Fred or I were, so you "tracked" Vincent in order to avoid the thing I called you out on yesterday.

If you hadn't taken Fred out last night, I'd have been the only obvious lynch today and Fred would've been on your side.  But what would have happened next?  We'd have gone to night and Fred would've blocked you on the off chance that the game wasn't over.  When Day 10 came along with no scum kill, Vincent would not have voted for Fred as the remaining blocker was town and you'd have lost with Fred and Vincent both voting for you.  This was your only play.

7 hours ago, Peter Lyon said:

Fred clearly didn't block you.  The only reason to not track Fred or me is if you were 100% convinced that Andrew was scum.  If that's true, you shouldn't have tracked Vincent either because Andrew spent all day yesterday trying to get us to lynch Vincent.

Was that never clarified? I didn't track Fred because I was 100% convinced that Andrew was scum. I knew from the day I was invited to the town block that it would have a scum in it, they always do, especially given who formed the thing and their uselessness. As for tracking, I didn't track Vincent, that was the trick to keep Andrew from killing me. I tracked Andrew and was blocked. He had to block me once I made it clear I wasn't following his plan, I had so few potential targets that he couldn't risk me seeing him not target you, or you kill Aiden.

I did track Vincent last night, though, just to be sure he hadn't played us all. He hadn't. I wish I had tracked you but I really needed to be certain about Vincent or I would have spent the day worrying.

I know it isn't me and unless Vincent is some kind of ninja, it isn't him. Game over.

*Fwom fwom— :pir-look:

Pirates Mafia III? Is this still a thing? I guess I wouldn't be playing the tuba otherwise. 

8 hours ago, Peter Lyon said:

If the scum had a strongarm kill, they would've used it on one of the three nights when they weren't able to kill.  Not night 3, probably, but after that.

Right, not Night Three. As it's clear now, the only place the kill had gone on that night was that the Scum actively chose not to use it. I think what happened is they wanted to kill on the nights that you were blocked but Robin stopped you from killing Emmett. That's the only thing that makes sense, because otherwise, you'd be the only person alive who was blocked on those two nights. Interesting, that. Either way, I believe Trenton was the killer on those nights and ended up killing Robin when it became clear he was choosing Emmett as a protection target every night. Why would an Emmett Scum team kill a protector who repeatedly protected Emmett and told Emmett he thought he was the most important person in the game?

Now, your supposed Psychologist targets Justin, Fred, Aiden sound more like good frame targets for the Scum. Day Two, you made a case against Fred regarding his request that everybody voice their opinion on having a lynch, then not voicing his opinion. Fred told us he was unsuccessful at his Action on Night One. Since Remi was killed on Night One, and your interpretation of your Action was that it wouldn't catch a Scum with a role—only goons who can pass around the kill—why did you target Fred? 

Dear Lord, I've written two paragraphs based on one of your sentences! :pir-hmpf: How do you guys stand me? I have more, though. I don't think the Scum had the strongarm kill all along. I think you just got it last night. If the Town was given one, which was used to kill another Townie—albeit the worst Townie in the history of Townies—then the Scum would likely be given one at endgame. That way you get a fighting chance to win today. It'd be impossible with Fred still here and you needed Emmett to pin it on and you can't kill me. 

I think Emmett played the long game because he could. 

Right, because drawing this out into nine 96-hour days is fun. Knowing Emmett, he would've ended it yesterday and said a Townie (or I) killed Aiden. Emmett's targets are terribly inconvenient for a Scum pretending to be a Townie. They don't give anybody else anything conclusive. If he was Scum, he would've given us a definitive result on Aiden or Fred's killer.

I don't buy that killing Fred and tracking me was Emmett's only play. He should've said that I killed Aiden on Night Seven. Then there wouldn't be a today or Night Eight. Even with last night's results, his best play would've been to not kill anybody with Fred blocking you. We'd lynch you, he'd win. Fred didn't need to be dead for that. And, it seems to me, that Fred trust Emmett much more than you anyway. That was Emmett's best play as Scum. Strongarm killing Fred and trying to pin it on Emmett, I think, was your only play. 

The only reason to not track Fred or me is if you were 100% convinced that Andrew was scum.  If that's true, you shouldn't have tracked Vincent either because Andrew spent all day yesterday trying to get us to lynch Vincent.  When Andrew's head was on the chopping block and he was thisclose to victory, he went after Vincent.  You knew Andrew was scum and that neither Fred or I were, so you "tracked" Vincent in order to avoid the thing I called you out on yesterday.

If I were Emmett, I probably would've tracked me. You were being blocked. You were supposedly taken care of. There was no reason not to try to verify any remaining suspicions he had on me. It's what a Townie should do, attempt to cover all bases.  

Peter, assuming I'm right and you're Scum, I respect you sticking around to fight. I very much respect that the story you're going with would be absolutely true if Emmett were Scum. Great job, there. I apologize if I have it wrong, but I don't think I do. 

Emmett, if you're Scum, you're mean. Why'd you put us through an extra day of this if you could've ended it yesterday? Also, that would be ludicrously diabolical and totally unnecessary but you'd deserve the win in that case, as much as I'd hate to reward the bad behavior of drawing it out. 

*Fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom, fwom fwom fwom fwomma fwoooooom* :pir-sing: Thanks to you I'm much obliged, for such a pleasant stay *Fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwoooooom, fwom fwomma fwom fwom fwom fwoooooooooom* 

Ah, blah blah blah. I get it. Fred would've blocked hypothetical Scum Emmett in a fictional tonight. Yeah yeah yeah. But maybe he'd get the same strongarm you got...if he was Scum. :pir_wacko: 

Then Emmett really should've pinned the kill on someone and he and Andrew had a brain between them, Andrew would've said his block was unsuccessful and Emmett would've said he tracked you killing Aiden and that would've been a lot quicker and cleaner than choosing the path of sitting around today with a lame tracking result on me to go on. And you're right. I'm obviously not on the same side as Andrew as he tried to get me lynched and that was his gambit to win. For the record, I'm on nobody's side. I'm neutral. But you've known that since Night One, somehow. When Andrew wasn't gaining traction on me, he tried to rope Emmett into that as well while trying to paint you as a victim. Knowing he's Scum, he obviously didn't think you were "Poor Peter" that a lynch got started on before Andrew could make it to the day thread and tell us the truth. :pir-hmpf: If we're going to decide this on who Andrew tried to lynch, we should also decide this on who he was trying to protect and portray as an unfortunate victim of my evil Scum game. 

So, I'm 99% set on keeping my vote where it is. 

*Fwom fwomma fwomma fwomma fwomma fwom* :pir-sing: Ramble on! *Fwom fwom, fwom fwom, fwom fwom, fwom fwom! Fwom fwom fwom!*

I think it's important to point out that while Andrew was fighting for me to be lynched, nobody had even voted for him yet. He was starting his fight as you, Peter, were being lynched.

*Fwomma fwom* :pir-sing: And now's the time, the time is now "Fwomma fwom*

And finally, finally, I've come to the conclusion that if Peter were Town, Andrew would've just voted for him along with Fred, me and "Scum-buddy" Emmett to lynch him and the game would've been over. He would've claimed his block was unsuccessful to implicate Peter as Aiden's killer and led us all to believe that he was on team Town, handing over Peter as the Scum killer, then enjoyed his win with Emmett today. But he didn't. He went after me when Peter was on the chopping block.

*Fwomma fwom*

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

He went after me when Peter was on the chopping block.

And then Peter switched to Andrew despite claiming I was the better vote, just to save himself knowing (hoping? not sure) he would get in one more kill and then try to twist it all around today.

With friends like that...

Seriously though, for as poorly as things went for us, most of the biggest damage done was by ourselves and the sheer amount of distracting arguing early on. I can't say with absolute certainty since we still don't know all the internal details, but if I had been scum, I think I could have led them to a win long before it got this far.

Vote Count:
Peter Lyon - 2 (Emmett Ware, Vincent Denis)
Emmett Ware - 1 (Peter Lyon)

With 3 players left, 2 votes are required to lynch. About 24 hours are left.

Sorry... very long, busy weekend...

On 5/16/2020 at 5:37 PM, Emmett Ware said:

Was that never clarified? I didn't track Fred because I was 100% convinced that Andrew was scum. I knew from the day I was invited to the town block that it would have a scum in it, they always do, especially given who formed the thing and their uselessness. As for tracking, I didn't track Vincent, that was the trick to keep Andrew from killing me. I tracked Andrew and was blocked. He had to block me once I made it clear I wasn't following his plan, I had so few potential targets that he couldn't risk me seeing him not target you, or you kill Aiden.

I did track Vincent last night, though, just to be sure he hadn't played us all. He hadn't. I wish I had tracked you but I really needed to be certain about Vincent or I would have spent the day worrying.

I know it isn't me and unless Vincent is some kind of ninja, it isn't him. Game over.

It's game over regardless, it's just a matter of who wins at this point.  You played along with the town block very nicely when it was convenient, which given that there were two of you in it was pretty much every night.  You could do what you wanted knowing everything that was happening.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:52 PM, Vincent Denis said:

I think what happened is they wanted to kill on the nights that you were blocked but Robin stopped you from killing Emmett. That's the only thing that makes sense, because otherwise, you'd be the only person alive who was blocked on those two nights. Interesting, that. Either way, I believe Trenton was the killer on those nights and ended up killing Robin when it became clear he was choosing Emmett as a protection target every night. Why would an Emmett Scum team kill a protector who repeatedly protected Emmett and told Emmett he thought he was the most important person in the game?

Now, your supposed Psychologist targets Justin, Fred, Aiden sound more like good frame targets for the Scum. Day Two, you made a case against Fred regarding his request that everybody voice their opinion on having a lynch, then not voicing his opinion. Fred told us he was unsuccessful at his Action on Night One. Since Remi was killed on Night One, and your interpretation of your Action was that it wouldn't catch a Scum with a role—only goons who can pass around the kill—why did you target Fred? 

Dear Lord, I've written two paragraphs based on one of your sentences! :pir-hmpf: How do you guys stand me? I have more, though. I don't think the Scum had the strongarm kill all along. I think you just got it last night. If the Town was given one, which was used to kill another Townie—albeit the worst Townie in the history of Townies—then the Scum would likely be given one at endgame. That way you get a fighting chance to win today. It'd be impossible with Fred still here and you needed Emmett to pin it on and you can't kill me. 

Right, because drawing this out into nine 96-hour days is fun. Knowing Emmett, he would've ended it yesterday and said a Townie (or I) killed Aiden. Emmett's targets are terribly inconvenient for a Scum pretending to be a Townie. They don't give anybody else anything conclusive. If he was Scum, he would've given us a definitive result on Aiden or Fred's killer.

I don't buy that killing Fred and tracking me was Emmett's only play. He should've said that I killed Aiden on Night Seven. Then there wouldn't be a today or Night Eight. Even with last night's results, his best play would've been to not kill anybody with Fred blocking you. We'd lynch you, he'd win. Fred didn't need to be dead for that. And, it seems to me, that Fred trust Emmett much more than you anyway. That was Emmett's best play as Scum. Strongarm killing Fred and trying to pin it on Emmett, I think, was your only play. 

If I were Emmett, I probably would've tracked me. You were being blocked. You were supposedly taken care of. There was no reason not to try to verify any remaining suspicions he had on me. It's what a Townie should do, attempt to cover all bases.  

Peter, assuming I'm right and you're Scum, I respect you sticking around to fight. I very much respect that the story you're going with would be absolutely true if Emmett were Scum. Great job, there. I apologize if I have it wrong, but I don't think I do. 

Emmett, if you're Scum, you're mean. Why'd you put us through an extra day of this if you could've ended it yesterday? Also, that would be ludicrously diabolical and totally unnecessary but you'd deserve the win in that case, as much as I'd hate to reward the bad behavior of drawing it out. 

You can't have it both ways... am I either the killer or the framer?  I'm neither.  I never failed killing Emmett because I never could kill Emmett. Emmett didn't have any reason to think that he needed a different result heading into Day 8 because he figured the heat would be on me.

Think about the flow of the game as a whole.  The scum had basically no heat on them until Aiden caught Trenton's mistake about his mason claim.  Ok fine... at that point, it still looked extremely likely that I would be the next conviction heading into Day 8.  Emmett cast a vote for me very early to keep that heat on.  There was no reason to cast suspicion your way if I was an easy lynch.  You and Fred both jumped on, so at that point, Andrew can cast his eyes elsewhere with the expectation that there's no reason to think his vote for me is important to securing the lynch.  What he and Emmett didn't expect was that the mood would shift and we'd end up lynching Andrew instead.  By that point, Emmett's claim was already public and he couldn't back out.  He stated openly he'd rather lynch me and was reluctant to jump to Andrew until it was clear that's where we were headed.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, Vincent Denis said:

For the record, I'm on nobody's side. I'm neutral. But you've known that since Night One, somehow.

I still find it funny that you think that because it's 100% not true.

23 hours ago, Vincent Denis said:

I think it's important to point out that while Andrew was fighting for me to be lynched, nobody had even voted for him yet. He was starting his fight as you, Peter, were being lynched.

I had votes for me from the get-go and Andrew's very first comments were to go after you.  It's clear he was trying to distance himself from Emmett and if Fred and I had joined in to take you out so much the better.  Emmett was along for the ride yesterday as far as the Andrew lynch is concerned, he wasn't in to it.

20 hours ago, Emmett Ware said:

And then Peter switched to Andrew despite claiming I was the better vote, just to save himself knowing (hoping? not sure) he would get in one more kill and then try to twist it all around today.

There'd be no reason to save myself over Andrew if we were both scum and the kill gets passed along.  None at all.

Vote Count:
Peter Lyon - 2 (Emmett Ware, Vincent Denis)
Emmett Ware - 1 (Peter Lyon)

With 3 players left, 2 votes are required to lynch. About 2 hours are left. 

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

With 3 players left, 2 votes are required to lynch. About 2 hours are left. 

Yay! And will the conclusion be ready right when the day ends? :pir-sweet:

*Fwooooooooooooooooooooooom*

1 hour ago, Vincent Denis said:

Yay! And will the conclusion be ready right when the day ends? :pir-sweet:

*Fwooooooooooooooooooooooom*

You'll have to wait and find out! Exciting! 

About 20 minutes are left in Day Nine. The vote count hasn't changed. 

WXIgr6R.jpg

Peter Lyon faced down the firing line this time. In order to avoid a repeat of yesterday, Emmett got in very close for the kill.

"Well, Peter. You've been a dear friend, but these two have decided that your end is here."

"Alright, but I just want it to be known that I disagree entirely with the choice of lynch today." Peter replied.

"So noted. Vincent, play him off."

"HE'S ON THE HIGHWAY TO HELL."

FWOOM FWOOOOM

"HIGHWAY TO HELL."

BANG

Z8VXCBv.jpg]

With that, Peter Lyon was dead. Governor Broadside stabbed him just to make sure.

Meanwhile...

P21Zwl7.jpg

"News from Fort Eldorado, Captain." Henry said. "Turns out the entire garrison is nearly dead."

"Arrr, now is the time to exact my revenge."

qtYEZyw.jpg

"Change course, my son! Let's go pay the dear governor a visit."

Meanwhile...

s4kA9zw.jpg

"News from Fort Eldorado, Captain." A crewman said. "Turns out the garrison is nearly dead."

"Ah." the captain replied. "It's our time to strike then. Let us pay a visit to our bluecoat friends." 

---

Stay tuned for an action packed conclusion!