k3nshiin

[MOC] Dwarf Spider Droid

Hello,

first this Spider Droid MOC is not from me. I found it on Reddit, but the User/Creator there deleted the account. I try to rebuild it in Studio at the moment, but i have problems with the main body of the droid. the legs are no problem. but i cant figure out how the canon is attached to the main body, also the "turtle shild" and how the back locks. does anyone know this MOC or could help me a bit? I also seached here on the side, but didnt found it. But im sorry if it was already posted here.

Thanks a lot :)

I'm not completely sure how it's made, but I don't think all the parts exist in those colors. specifically the ball joint and socket pieces connection the "eyes" to the body. 

As for the build itself, I think the cannon is just attached with some form of the headlight brick or another SNOT brick, the turtle shell is probably attached with a 2x2 jumper plate, then the antenne piece on that, with the hole in the shell connecting to the bar at the base of the antenne.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 5/15/2020 at 2:38 PM, jamie75 said:

The socket part of the eyes looks like a stud shooter?

Looks like a 1x2 plate with balljoint socket (for Mixels joints).

5 hours ago, tfcrafter said:

Looks like a 1x2 plate with balljoint socket (for Mixels joints).

Haven't built any Mixel sets. I didn't know those existed.

oh dear, I didn't even think that some parts are not available in the right colors. thanks for the info. For the Eyes Socket i used a modified plate 1x2 with small towball socket atm.

I would upload my .io file, but i can only upload 100kb and my .io file is 400kb.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:27 AM, Makin Bacon said:

The "turtle shell" piece only comes in trans neon orange

What's the piece? I tried to find it on the BrickLink Color Guide 3x but I must be blind.

I came across this awesome design recently, too, and was interested in trying to build it.

7 hours ago, k3nshiin said:

in studio it is a "bionicle tridax pod half".

I remember these now, they were used in the ‘08 wave of bionicles sets for a feature similar to the buzz droid missiles tri-fighters have. Almost certainly it only comes in trans orange, which is sad as this is a great model

55 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I remember these now, they were used in the ‘08 wave of bionicles sets for a feature similar to the buzz droid missiles tri-fighters have. Almost certainly it only comes in trans orange, which is sad as this is a great model

It also came in a dual-molded blue/black in the Hero Factory Von Nebula set.

Guess I am blind - thanks!

It's not exactly what we're looking for, but in 2019 Lego released a "Brick, Round 3 x 3 x 1 1/3 Dome Top - Open Stud Item No: 49308" in Light Bluish Gray. I think with some tinkering, a similar look could be achieved. Seems like a 4x4 dome is needed for the correct proportions.

Edited by Pedilego

Im not sure, but i think i saw something like the turtle shild without a hole in the middle for an antenna f.e. Maybe i will find it again.

16 hours ago, k3nshiin said:

Im not sure, but i think i saw something like the turtle shild without a hole in the middle for an antenna f.e. Maybe i will find it again.

This guy?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=86500&name=Cylinder Hemisphere 4 x 4&category=[Cylinder]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Comes in LBG, too. A droid arm + one of those round plates with bar are ok to get the antenna up there but it looks funny from the sides/back.

I found this one at Reddit.

But yours looks almost better. Have to try it out in the studio and try to implement your idea

Edited by k3nshiin

I stumbled across another piece/idea:

Part 30342 Rock Arctic Globe, Bottom

It comes in Light Gray & Light Bluish Gray. It's not the smoothest texture and you'd have to use it upside-down, not ideal, but you'd be able to put the antenna through it or - more accurately, you'd be able to rest it on top of the antenna. Perhaps you could add a 2x2 inverted dish, too, in order to help smooth over the top of the dome.

The other issue is it only came in the original UCS SSD so it'll Super Star Destroy your wallet.

Edited by Pedilego