Sign in to follow this  
Matjesreloaded

[MOC] AT-ST UCS

2 hours ago, Matjesreloaded said:

225 Views but no reply what have i done wrong?

Might be something to do with it being made out of Lepin whilst this is a Lego forum.

3 hours ago, Matjesreloaded said:

Lots of times the view ratio is much higher than the reply ratio, but I'm gonna have to go with @Rubblemaker on this one, you're using fake lego.

Yep.  You'll find a lot of brand loyalty on this forum and a lot of disdain for brands like Lepin, which aren't just competitors but are outright thieves.  The build you posted is OK, but still - we don't have anything to do with Lepin here.

Ok I understand the problem its sad but it is ok. I thought the Modell and the Creative Building is importend not the Brandname of the Bricks.  But I don´t wanna hold this Discussion. 

2 hours ago, Matjesreloaded said:

Ok I understand the problem its sad but it is ok. I thought the Modell and the Creative Building is importend not the Brandname of the Bricks.  But I don´t wanna hold this Discussion. 

not to turn this completely into a discussion about lepin, but the reason people dislike lepin is precisely because they don't care about the model or creative building. They blatantly rip off designs both by lego itself and lego fan's MOCs. It is a lego forum, so the brandname is part of it, but it's moreso Lepin's blatent theft from the lego company and fan designers.

Here's an analogy for what Lepin does.  Imagine you had a book binding machine at home and you started printing off a zillion copies of Harry Potter and selling them super cheap online.  That would clearly be criminal theft of intellectual property even though you weren't actually stealing any of the materials used in the books you sold.  That's what Lepin and some other clone brands do with Lego sets and some fan creations.  It's blatant, egregious theft.  That's why we can't support anything that's built with Lepin parts, even if the build itself is ok.  Using Lepin parts and modding a Lepin copy of a Lego kit supports theft.

Edit - just to be clear, I'm not accusing you of theft in any way.  Some people buy Lepin kits precisely because they are more affordable than genuine Lego and I understand that.  People who buy Lepin kits are not thieves, it's the higher-ups at Lepin who are.  But all the same, we stick with genuine Lego on this forum.

Edited by icm

12 hours ago, Matjesreloaded said:

I honestly would not have noticed this was Lepin at first. I would think if the mods had a problem with it, they would have removed it already. I think the real problem is just the lack of building ingenuity. I am sorry. I am going to be blunt. It just looks like you cobbled pieces on top of the original 10174. I understand that it is your own variation, but making it a variation in your own world can lessen the appeal, especially to those who worship canon. I personally just dont think it's that interesting as a model, but I'll give some feedback.  I like the the little side hatch thing, that's pretty cool. The tank thing on the back is a nice touch, and your added greebling is good, especially the back. The only thing that needs improved are the feet.  

A few words about Lepin to end the disscussion i wouldn´t start. You are Right stealing designs is wrong and the absolut wrong way ... and Lepin is gone as i know 

I own many bricks from many Brands many Original Lego too and I mix it and try to create something cool ... thats it..

@ Smitty500 Thank You very much for your feedback I was aware that not everbody will love my changes cause of the different look to the template from canon thats fully understandable.

about the feed i spend hours with them i don't like them in Films and orginal model it looks like someone puts 2 roof racks for ski on the legs.. Any proposals to improve them?