TheBeeze

Operation: Island Rush - 5/14 - 7/26

Operation: Island Rush - sponsored by 49886325178_8eaf8ecca6_w.jpg

49894313691_f687662148_z.jpg

It has become clear that Tosul has now taken control of the small Deland territory BUrke Atoll for the purpose of using the island as a staging ground to launch an attack. Tosul has built (3) Missile Sites on the island giving them the range they need to strike just about anywhere in the world. The Tosul military has fortified the island with the most modern defenses in a very short time. Advanced Anti Aircraft systems have been deployed as well as anti-ship guns. A submarine was seen surfacing just off the southern shore last week prompting the belief that the waters are not clear. 

The missile sites are feared to be near completion and must be shut down. You will find the map below which shows the layout of the land. 

Campaign and Building Details

Players are to build MOCs showing their troops liberating the Island from the Tosul Military. This is a new type of campaign that we have not done before where players have to conquer ground. Below you will see the battle map grid (I've taken great care to provide a 4k SUPER detailed map which you can view in super high detail on Flickr at full Res.) 

49887063086_1c6ee4404f_c.jpgBurke Atoll CP POINTS by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

Players must start from the outside squares that are not marked with Point Values. Players can choose where to start and which squares they want to attack. A few points on movement:

1. Players must start from the outside and attack the outermost squares to work their way inward.
  2. Once they have attacked a square, a player can either move on to an adjacent square or attack another outer square. Example: You attack square A3, you could move inland to B3 or attack another outer square like C6.
  3. Movement is only based on your own squares, cannot jump over enemy player controlled squares. 
  4. Diagonal movement is not allowed. 
  5. Two players can attack the same square at any point. The player with the higher scored build will get the points for that square. Example: if you attack F7 and score a 6 on your build then another player attacks it days later and scores an 8, they will get the 15 Campaign points for that square. You will get no campaign points. 

Players can build a total of 4 Builds throughout the entirety of the campaign. 

The player that amasses the most campaign points from squares by the end of the campaign will win. (Build score points are awarded to player either way and do not not count towards your campaign score)

Building Instructions: 

• You are to create builds showing your military liberating Burke Atoll from Tosul.
  • Your build must reflect the map square you attack. ie- if you attack a square on the map that has a light house, there better not be a jungle. If you assault a sandy beach, there should not be high cliffs and mountains. I put a lot of time into creating this map so if you don't follow it, your score will be affected. 
  • MINIMUM SIZE BUILD IS 16 X 16 - Players must build at LEAST ONE 32x32 build throughout the campaign. 
  • LDD BUILDS NOT ACCEPTED FOR THIS ROUND
  • All builds must be new MOC’s and not prior builds. 
  • Builds should be Labeled as-- Island Rush - Country Name - x of 4   (the x stands for what number build it is) 
  • Photo Editing is to be kept to a minimum with only real edits of lighting and color correction. No special effects. Players may crop one picture of their MOC onto a background picture to help with their landscape if they’d like. 
  • Pictures cannot be bigger than 800x600 - you can link to higher resolution
  • Players may post a link to an offsite host such as Flickr where Higher Resolution pics are located. 
  • ALL PLAYERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO USE TAGS ON FLICKR FOR THEIR PHOTOS AND TO ADD THEIR PHOTOS TO THE GREAT BRICK WAR FLICKR GROUP TO SPREAD AWARENESS ON THE GAME!
  • Tag Great_Brick_War on instagram if you post pictures there. 
  • Upon completion, players must also post a link to their build in the AAR Thread as well letting the judges know that it is eligible for scoring. 
  • Scoring will be worth a maximum of 10 Points a Piece.

The Outcome:

• All players who participate will be given a private coupon code for EclipseGrafx for 10% off of your total purchase (Active for a limited time)
  • The player with the highest score will gain control of the island.
  • The player with the highest score will be given a $25.00 Voucher for use on EclipseGrafx website. 

17 minutes ago, Fallout_bricks said:

Can the picture be uploaded from Instagram?

Hello, the pictures need to be hosted on a third party site and posted here as the picture above is. Most builds require multiple pictures to capture everything and instagram would not function in that fashion. You can browse other builds on here to see how it is done.

Thanks!

I think I'll give this one a miss, I want to focus on developing my country more and I don't think that I have the time to commit to something on this scale. Besides, people don't like their countries fighting expensive conflicts far away from home and that seems to be all Alsarh has done over the last year, maybe its time our forces took a break.

26 minutes ago, ODA 401 said:

Where is Burke Atoll located in relation to the Deland Republic?

32272748917_e6fb00c838.jpgTOsul Map by Jesse Beeze, on Flickr

It's in G1. Click the map for better resolution. 

Perfect.

A last question. You said that the island is protected by a naval fleet, including submarine, and by advanced anti-aircraft, I imagine that we must overcome these defenses before we can begin operations on the ground, right?

Sorry for my question:

We must start from unmarked grids, so this leaves us with A1, A4, E7, G7, H1, and J1 as only grids where we can fight on the atoll itself rather than under, on or over the sea.

Am I right?

The pity is that I can´t use my sub...

18 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

You said that the island is protected by a naval fleet, including submarine, and by advanced anti-aircraft, I imagine that we must overcome these defenses before we can begin operations on the ground, right?

yes, the idea is that. There are enemies in almost every part of the island. It will not be a walk in the countryside. It is your choise what to build. A landing? A naval battle? An airdrop? These are just few of the actions during the beggining of an invasion. After that you can go forward, fighting to conqueer land. 

Hope I helped

13 hours ago, sigpro said:

We must start from unmarked grids, so this leaves us with A1, A4, E7, G7, H1, and J1 as only grids where we can fight on the atoll itself rather than under, on or over the sea.

Am I right?

The pity is that I can´t use my sub...

All of the ranked squares have both sea and land. So one of your build can invole somethink in the sea or under the sea. The unmarked squares are just the point from where you begin. For excamble: you choose G7. And the squares you want to attack are G6 > G5 > G4 >F4. The G6 have both sea and land. So can use ships, sumbarine, windserf, you name it. Same as in many othe squares (A2 and all the way to I2, etc). After that the G6 square is yours and you go forward to G5.

13 hours ago, sigpro said:

Sorry for my question:

There are a lot of squares with point values that also contain some water. Be creative. Keep in mind, your sub has been around a while so a build with that will need to be heavily detailed in other areas. I'm sure you'll think of something, you always do!

thanks for both answers.

Do you allow me to open a topic to coordinate with other players?

2 hours ago, sigpro said:

Do you allow me to open a topic to coordinate with other players?

It is not a Brick Of Nations operation. Εach country is fighting for itself. As it is writen inthe first post "Two players can attack the same square at any point. The player with the higher scored build will get the points for that square. Example: if you attack F7 and score a 6 on your build then another player attacks it days later and scores an 8, they will get the 15 Campaign points for that square. You will get no campaign points. 

20 hours ago, paintballman said:

yes, the idea is that. There are enemies in almost every part of the island. It will not be a walk in the countryside. It is your choise what to build. A landing? A naval battle? An airdrop? These are just few of the actions during the beggining of an invasion. After that you can go forward, fighting to conqueer land. 

Hope I helped

Received

Hi guys! I have a new few questions. There are landmarks that are not better identifiable on the map, although you can zoom in. For example, what is that place of interest in B4 in the middle of the hills? Or, what is that place of interest in G5 annexed to the port, is it a tower with a crane above? And finally what is that mound in C5 next to the ruined arch north of the houses in the desert? I say this because I want to respect the rules of the campaign as much as possible and I don't want to be penalized because I misinterpreted a place of interest. Is it possible a minimum of personal interpretation of the map? Thanks for the attention.

Island Rush has wrapped up! Congratulations to all who participated and be sure to use those participation codes at EclipseGrafx!

Congratulations to our winner @SATSOK! Please PM me to coordinate your prize!