Sign in to follow this  
Eki1210

[MOC] DB Class 111

Hello everyone.
I´d like to present you my version of a DB Class 111.

49891350818_67e735d28a_c.jpgDB Baureihe 111 by Henrik S, auf Flickr

A view of the front. I used bley frames for the windows, i think it fits well and looks very much like the prototype. I´m not quite sure if it would look better if the windows were rotated to their sides. It would certainly need a lot of tinkering and a bigger change to the front-section of the loco.

49892178042_e8fca9ba3e_c.jpgDB Baureihe 111 by Henrik S, auf Flickr

A closer look at the Pantograph. I´m quite satisfied with how they came out :classic:.

49892177812_ce319b544a_c.jpgDB Baureihe 111 - Pantograph by Henrik S, auf Flickr

Please feel free to tell me your opinions and offer critique where you see fit.
Best regards and thanks for stopping by!

Reference picture

900_FL-734602.jpg

Edited by Eki1210
Reference picture added

Nice for the first view.

Second view:

- Why you use black parts for the pantograph? Part 48729 exist in red and i used this for my pantographs. I think, also the 4l bar exist as red part or hose.

- the front windows in reality are wider than high, maybe you should try turn the window 90° degrees. Ok, is difficult in 6w. Only a idea and the same like your suggenstion,

Overall really good.

Thomas

A good looking train MOC and I like the color scheme. It would be neat to see a reference photo of the prototype to see how you captured its essence.

Nice and clean design, you have done a great job in this limited scale (6wide). Front windows should be wider...and for me the logic improvement would be to build an 8-wide version, keeping most of your design but with two extra studs be able to build the front (incl windows) more accuretely.

Nice work. It looks really good compared to the actual locomotive. I've only seen them in the current DB red though.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:27 PM, Ts__ said:

Why you use black parts for the pantograph? Part 48729 exist in red and i used this for my pantographs. I think, also the 4l bar exist as red part or hose.

Thats great, i didnt knew Part 48729 existed in red! 

On 5/13/2020 at 11:27 PM, Ts__ said:

the front windows in reality are wider than high, maybe you should try turn the window 90° degrees.

Yes, i think you are right, i just have to come up with a clever solution to get it done. Thank you for the suggestions, i appreciate them.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:05 PM, zephyr1934 said:

It would be neat to see a reference photo of the prototype to see how you captured its essence.

Thank you, i added a reference picture in the main post.

10 hours ago, Selander said:

Front windows should be wider...and for me the logic improvement would be to build an 8-wide version

Thank you, you are right. Going the 7/8 wide route would enable me to cram more detail in the models and get them closer to the prototype.
Somehow i´m nostalgic for the 6 wide scale, although i know i won´t be able to build masterpieces like regularly shown here.
I like how the moc´s fit in with the official sets that way. Might go the 7 wide way, this seems like a good compromise between both worlds i think.

4 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Nice work. It looks really good compared to the actual locomotive. I've only seen them in the current DB red though.

Thank You! I like the tan/dark blue paint scheme, it´s something different than the usual DB red.

Nice detailing all around, especially the pantograph! The color scheme looks great.

Edited by Pdaitabird

On 5/13/2020 at 11:04 PM, Eki1210 said:

A closer look at the Pantograph. I´m quite satisfied with how they came out :classic:.

Which rod length do you use on the top?

By the way, for this trains I would prefer a train buffer beam with a plow. I know the have no plow in real, but the lego version looks more like the original on the european trains.

So, after like a million years i have updated my BR 111.

I like it better this way, i feel like it fits well with the other 9V locos, i resolved the issue with the colorful pantographs and found a better-looking solution for the front (IMO).

51054743558_576a70c117_c.jpgDB Baureihe 111 by Henrik S, auf Flickr
51055471346_3291db4fb8_c.jpgDB Baureihe 111 by Henrik S, auf Flickr
51054743708_f5fcef78d7_c.jpgDB Baureihe 111 by Henrik S, auf Flickr

Edited by Eki1210

Excellent locomotive, very nice colors and feeling!!! I lost the first version, but I can put my thumbs up now!!! :sweet: :thumbup:

Pantographs are now more realistic and the two cabins more refined and elegant. :wub:

Ciao! 

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk

It's a nice 6W City interpretation of a BR111. Proportions are a bit off for a scale model but that doesn't matter.

If I can make one more suggestion for you pantograph, if you put a 1x1 tile with clip on the ski's then you get them a bit closer to the bar. That'll probably look better than the way they're sitting on stilts now.

17 hours ago, Duq said:

It's a nice 6W City interpretation of a BR111. Proportions are a bit off for a scale model but that doesn't matter.

If I can make one more suggestion for you pantograph, if you put a 1x1 tile with clip on the ski's then you get them a bit closer to the bar. That'll probably look better than the way they're sitting on stilts now.

This is a good idea, i´ll try if this works out okay, because the ski parts are overlapping and i don´t know if it´ll look okay, Thanks for the suggestion tho!

@Paperinik77pk Thank you very much!

@Feuer Zug Thank you!