Hello

Usually I build years.....Nothing makes me build faster, but short time. I should test it.

This will be air cooled classic car with engine behind rear axle. Don't know if such strange layouts exist in real.

I have some ideas in my mind. So chassis for today. Dont'wanna make it complex and too much functional. No suspension, no bulky piston engines, no gearboxes.... I prefer to work on exterior.

I think tires are wider 15L.

Is the 15L width rule work for wheels also, or only for body?:oh3:

94zzP95FqK4.jpg

hZ1coK5aKdo.jpg

I think everything should fit in 15 studs. I suppose Beatle or Porky (air cooled engine)?

Good luck :classic:

Strange layout? You ever heard of the Porsche 911? :laugh_hard:

I believe all 911s were air-cooled until the introduction of the 996

Have you thought about giving the car 4WS? With your engine layout it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to pull off :wink:

Edited by Gray Gear

1965-1969 Chevy Corvair also comes to mind. Or the Mighty Car Mods oil-leaking, exloding "moon buggy"  :laugh_hard: - based off the VAG beetle of course.

15 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Strange layout? You ever heard of the Porsche 911? 

He difinately should have heard about ZAZ, as I remember they had air cooled engine behind rear axle.

Back_part.ZAZ_968M_(4550835007).jpg

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

He difinately should have heard about ZAZ, as I remember they had air cooled engine behind rear axle.

Back_part.ZAZ_968M_(4550835007).jpg

The Porsche 911 might be the most well known car of all time. No need to be sarcastic. Your weird Zaz seems to be the exact opposite :laugh_hard:

Thank you for your feedback:classic: Let's continue

Day 2-3 result.

5N3b4L2MG3o.jpg

Still work on air cooled heart. Need to add filters, intake pipes, exhaust pipes. But first - strong body. After - details. Back is too weak now. Need to reinfroce roof and pillars.

Nb6ENmGdYT4.jpg

Gold rims are awesome. But final model should be used with narrow 43x14 wheels. 43x20 are more than 15L wide.

ALL5eRBvCQM.jpg

Reailsed that width should be 14 stud, at least front arches and doors section. Rear arches will be 15 stud wide.

Fn_baClSZAo.jpg

Model is inspired by 1971 version, not exact 1:1 copy.

I would like to use some ideas from custom restomods like Singer. For example, different variants of rear lights. So, can I call it Porsche? No)

8KoelQHmyWw.jpg

zsN6OqvANT0.jpgё

I have sketches of 911 long before contest, but proportions was wrong in all dimensions....

3 days left

Looking great sofar:thumbup:

Only minor point is that the roof seems a bit tall in side view, like it is 0.5 -1 stud too high... But it could also be weird effect of photo's, not sure...

22 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Looking great sofar:thumbup:

Only minor point is that the roof seems a bit tall in side view, like it is 0.5 -1 stud too high... But it could also be weird effect of photo's, not sure...

yes,  I can play body width +/-1 stud without problems, I can't help with height if it need to be corrected only 0,5....And 1 Stud lower is too much. So, yes roof should be lower, but I cant?

Probably adding the frunk cover and making the roof and window edges all red will help in blending the roof in a bit more.

For quicker design fine tuning I moved to Studio platform. For those who wondering: "why not Toyota?"

0JFAXGdUcz4.jpg

Sorry for late peeking onto your topic but 1971 generation is my favorite Porky "Elfer"...or this Carrera RS (added link because image is to big)

@Джим The author spits on the rules.
This Porsche began to be built in September 2019.
and later photo (instagram RM8 screen) taken more than 2 months ago (19 feb)

1280x713.jpg

Edited by Silvavasil

10 minutes ago, Silvavasil said:

@Джим The author spits on the rules.
This Porsche began to be built in September 2019.
and later photo (instagram screen) taken more than 2 months ago

The author has already told about that: "I have sketches of 911 long before contest, but proportions was wrong in all dimensions....". I agree that it could not so fair (the Contest Committee decides, first of all) but highlighted of that could be done in a much more polite way.

"Spanish shame" is the best word here...

On 5/16/2020 at 3:44 PM, Void_S said:

The author has already told about that: "I have sketches of 911 long before contest, but proportions was wrong in all dimensions....". I agree that it could not so fair (the Contest Committee decides, first of all) but highlighted of that could be done in a much more polite way.

"Spanish shame" is the best word here...

There is nothing I can do with him. He have personal reasons for that. I am building for fun. Better wait for final model and decide is it violation or not. 

@Silvavasil Bravo "captain obvious",  I did not hide that fact and moderators was noticed before. But why don't you see another entry from your community, that was started before contest? I won't do that, let it be your secret that you consciously cover :wink: but you better play your rules both side.

@rm8, well, the people... The model looks great, I saw a number of 911s cars with very similar front end (can't imagine how to make it different) but your "tail-end slope" looks very interesting, never thought that a pair for fairing panels can do such prefect shaping!

I'm still amazed that even with the very strict limitations in size and wheels scale the models looks very different even made of about the same parts (11L-frame, small fenders + no suspension = unlimited numbers of variation). :grin:

There are at least 7 reasons to ban me, what a impudence. I am OK if moderators decide to do so.

1) my previous sketch

2) Thirdwigg

48769166397_0ace352355_c.jpg

3) apachiapachi

R-YzoGUbkm8.jpg

4) noexist

49838405551_b8257c004e_b.jpg

5) Paave

800x534.jpg

6) Mahjqa

49440697986_bbe82a5613.jpg

7) Sirslayer

49813246042_2b0e0cbf70_k.jpg

Afraid to be late...:wacko:

Progress

YLRiAsfoQj4.jpg

Btw, what do you like more?

1) TRD Rally Porscheyota with offroad tires,  extra lights and roofrack

aDqn2IHgRe4.jpg

2) Japanese Police car with police lights on the roof

-9_afhtkf6o.jpg

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

White without lights in roof

That would be Hachiroku :grin:

i?id=316bd0bdb5ec87309404b0140172d69f&n=

Go for rally style, it makes your model definitely different. Also, off-roading is close to the heart, isn't it? 

On 5/16/2020 at 2:44 PM, Void_S said:

I agree that it could not so fair (the Contest Committee decides, first of all) but highlighted of that could be done in a much more polite way.

It is not "it could be not so fair", but rather "it isn't fair already". I find it hard to accept such dishonest behaviour from well-known MOC'er. Oh, and yeah, please let us know what do you consider to be a much more polite way of doing this.

1 hour ago, zux said:

It is not "it could be not so fair", but rather "it isn't fair already". I find it hard to accept such dishonest behaviour from well-known MOC'er. Oh, and yeah, please let us know what do you consider to be a much more polite way of doing this.

Ok, Ok, i understand you. But I mentioned that it was in my instagram as sketch (do you want to compare it part by part?), And I wrote to admins a question long before this post topic - they can prove that fact. 

Btw how can you check if model was started after contest opened? What if model is in the head already? That’s not the reason to keep entry legal, but in the rules there is note about  “previously shared model”, 1) i did not shared final model 2) I know what it was before contest, and what model is now, there is no need for me to lie to myself or someone else, I only keep simple configuration of panels the same. 

Also, there  is no need to write you anything in my defend, because you see only configuration of panels...

I will not enter in the contest with it to keep contest simple and fair, but finish model for fun.