Sign in to follow this  
leafan

lego ideas [LEGO IDEAS] The Royal Flagship

This week I'd like to draw your attention to a lovely idea by Kolonialbeamter called 'The Royal Flagship'.

This project has been on Ideas for some time now and could use some love from like-minded supporters. It currently has 167 days left to get around 400 supporters more in order to receive extra time.

resize:800:450

Ahoy everyone!

I'd like to present to you the Royal Flagship - the governor's latest instrument in a new chapter of pirates vs. soldiers. Will the soldiers now finally be able to strike fear in the brave pirates' hearts? Can the governor even keep them at bay, and restore order in the Brick Seas? Or will the pirates find new creative ways to counter his ambitions? Your imagination decides!

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Stats and features:

• the ship's length is 92cm, and it measures 64cm in height,
  • part count - including minifigures - is 2988,
  • all decks are minifigure accessible, meaning they are high enough for the crew not to bump their heads,
  • the ship is modular – vertically it can be divided into three sections, and horizontally each deck consists of four modules that can be removed individually,
  • all mechanical play features can be controlled from outside the ship:
    • all guns can be fired – two broadsides with 21 stud-shooter based custom cannons each, plus some more on the quarter deck, plus two six-barrel stud-shooter chase guns,
    • the anchors can be hoisted,
    • the ship's wheel controls the rudder.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Regarding the lack of interior detail, the designer had this to say:

I chose the current setup in order to save parts, but well... I'm working on a solution, hope to provide a render asap

So the designer is open to suggestions it seems. I have invited them to come here and discuss now that this is posted.

eac13ddc-e253-489a-9c4c-872585c18671-Mil

Thanks for your considerationof this Idea. If you'd like to support it now, please do so here.

Do you have any thoughts on this Idea? Would you like to see it made into an official set? Let us know!

It's a very nice ship, I don't know why, but some parts of it remind me of the new Black Seas Barracuda released this year.

Good ship.

It looks like HMS Victory.

So it needs HMS Victory sail plan.
3 masts, each with 3 sails and a spanker sail on the stern.

Sail plan is lacking as it is now, compared to the size on the main body of the ship.

turntablescreenshot2.jpg

21 hours ago, Paradosis said:

Posted a link to it and the Ideas page on the Classic Pirates facebook page... good luck! 

Excellent, thanks. The more people that see this, the better.

The Idea has already had a small surge of votes.