Sign in to follow this  
Paul Corbak

Watchtower on the road

Hello everyones, this is the first Moc I dare to present. Im building since a long time but never take the plundge to show them on internet.

This is a watchtower over a countryside road, some smalls fields around, animals and a watermill.

Feel free to give your opinion on it and thx for your post :)

49887878796_b226f7bf96_b.jpgDSC_0226 by Roger Cageot, sur Flickr

49888168992_ee0b8b3999_b.jpgDSC_0171 by Roger Cageot, sur Flickr

49887850271_6fc41875ab_b.jpgDSC_0135 by Roger Cageot, sur Flickr

And more and my Flickr account :) https://www.flickr.com/photos/188145996@N08/

Edited by Paul Corbak

For all the gods, old and new. Pinch me and bring me back to this world. 
I am absolutely blown away. This is truly a masterpiece, utterly fantastic, a breathtaking piece of art.

MAN! Why did you deprive us of this wonderfulness? Please, oh, please, share more of your work, and I'm sure the community will thank you.

Woof, where to start? So many details I want to point out.

The uneven base is awesome, and it is incredible that you've managed to achieve that roundness and movement to the lower stoned parts. The foliage is diversified, with trees and bushes and flowers and different ground tones depicting more of a weary part in a few spots. The rockwork is solid, and I think it looks great. The stonework on the structures is no short from impressive. I appreciate you kept on two-three colors (and used both old grey and bluish light grey together). The architectural design is very realistic, and astonishingly beautiful. What you achieved with the roofs is also very clever, from the slight curve on the higher tower, to the cool mix of browns and orange (and the lower one, even though it seems more plain than the others, that clever work with the chairs must be mentioned and praised. Nice work with the water (as transparent works nicely with your realistic print). That archway is super cool too.

I only wished to see more pictures, closing on the minifigs and other details.

Man, what a rush! You should be proud. Welcome, and please share more.

Cheers! 

This is awesome.  Really wonderful job, you have been honing your technique well.  The stone work on the buildings is great with all the layering of tiles, plates and profile bricks.  The windows at the top of the tower are fantastic.  The irregular and layered base is wonderful and give the build some nice depth.  The landscaping and rock work flows nicely around the build.  The whole build is like it came straight out of a fantasy adventure book.  I also like the layering and the different colors of the roofs.  The mill is very nice.  The different plants that surround the build also give the build a natural look to it.  The figs and the animals around the build bring it to life.  You should be very proud of this.  Excellent work.  

Heck of a debut MOC!  :wub:   What strikes me most is the shaping of the tower's roof.  The height of that section is a cool stylistic choice.

Thanks for your post guys, it's so awesome to read people noticing all the smalls techniques details  I used in this moc haha  (especially about the roundness part at the base of the tower ^^ )

I used a lot of new techniques in this moc and wasn't sure of the result, glad to hear you like it and i have to thanks some builders for being so inspiring like Legonardo, Cesbrick, Ralf Langer and many others ;)

@Louis of Nutwood Ok, i'll put more pictures on my flickr account soon :)

Magnificent build! There are a couple things that really stand out to me: first the unusual roof shape as has already been mentioned, and secondly the way you used low stone walls to frame different areas of the build. The wall extending down and around by the water wheel is particularly cool :wub:

Top class landscaping and stonework too! Hope to see more builds from you shared with us online :thumbup:

On 5/13/2020 at 1:41 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

I only wished to see more pictures, closing on the minifigs and other details.

Man, what a rush! You should be proud. Welcome, and please share more.

Cheers! 

Hi, as asked I just put some couples more pictures of my Moc on my flickr account and, surprise ! there is an interior :) I always try to do interiors of buildings but it was difficult on this one because I wanted to avoid a too visible mark on the walls. So it opens BUT you have to take off a couple of bricks before ^^; some tiles here and there, around 7-8 so I was sure it wont be visible when it was close.

As it was such a pain to open it I didn't took the time to put furnitures inside, im sorry for that ^^;

49930204796_c9ff5c8321_b.jpgDSC_0244 by Roger Cageot, sur Flickr

There is also an interior of the mill but the roof was a pain to do so I didn't do a system to open it...

Thanks again all of you for your answers, it's a real motivation for putting more of my work on the internet :)

Great build. Realy like the brickwork.
Actually the whole build, the bricks, the vegetation, even the shape of the 'underground' looks good.