Sign in to follow this  
Beleg the Ranger

[ESL CHAP III CAT E] The Forest Skirmish

http://49874476907_f9373d2018_h.jpg20200429_152644 by pope.dt06 , on Flickr

In the deep jungles of El Oleon, Miguel de Resal and a Carnite officer encounter a Lotii patrol. Although the Lotii quickly melt back into the rainforest, this is a turning point in the war, as Miguel and his comrade have discovered a route used by the Men of the Lotus in their notorious guerilla raids... Nod to @Professor Thaum for the "guerilla ambushes" Hope you like my build, C&C welcome!

Edited by Beleg the Ranger

Oh, the Ho Chi Minh trail of El Oleonda! Nice little vignette and original idea, well done!

On 5/12/2020 at 10:55 AM, Fraunces said:

Nice small vignette.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Oh, the Ho Chi Minh trail of El Oleonda! Nice little vignette and original idea, well done!

Actually, your joke about the Ho Chi Minh trail is right! The Vietnamese guerillas were basically my inspiration for the story behind this. Since the Lotii do not have superior technology, it seems, then they would try to ambush the Carnite forces.

Nice little scene, with good detail for the space, and cleanly presented. Good variety of plants/leaves and use of different greens. :thumbup:

The minifigs look interesting, but their details are hard to see. I'd love to see some more pics from a different angle or close-ups of the minifigs, and a little more in the story about how Miguel came to be on El Oleon. I feel like the story has only been teased, but there is more background info that leads us to this scene. (FYI, as far as the challenge is concerned, you are allowed to add more pics or text up until the category deadline.)

You are right, the story has only been teased! I plan to do a flashback build here and there, so, eventually, Miguel's whole story will come together. If you click on the photo, it will bring you to my Flickr, where there is another picture from a different angle. I also will post a pic on my Flickr of the different minifigures.

Edited by Beleg the Ranger