Stari89

[MOC] PC Case With 3D Printed Parts

Thank you all, this really means a lot and boosts my motivation!

Correct, right now I am focusing on designing the custom parts. When I build the case I expect to use at least 95% original LEGO bricks in combination with custom ones.

I found some time for my hobbies, so I have begun building the case in the virtual environment where I have an unlimited supply of bricks. I started with the bottom which needs to be perforated for better airflow to the power supply. Enjoy.

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

I had to order the bricks for the case in 8 different BrickLink stores. Grand grand total: 536€.

300px-Oof_Size_Large.jpg

I keep telling myself that LEGO is an investment. :)

I think the final desingn looks pretty nice actually, simplistic and clean.

But if you do think it is too boring later you could make some exchangable lower side panels with some pixel art on it...Just an idea :wink:

Edited by Gray Gear

After almost a year of planning, today I finally started the build! I found out that building in LDD and in real life is not the same. There are few things I already want to change (for structurual rigidity). I will continue with what I have for now and modify later. This is the front mesh.

Cheers!

169213989756778078335180.jpg

Neat project ... but to me, it seems you're investing a LOT of money into an old computer.

Some of the pictures suggest a very old motherboard, with Serial, LPT, and PS2 (mouse/keyboard) ports, and PCI bus, and I have not seen those in a very long time. One pic however shows USB 3.0 ports ... and that somehow doesn't seem to match the rest of the hardware.

Edited by DrJB

That's just my friend's broken old computer he doesn't use anymore. I used that as a reference when designing 3D printed components. I can't break something which is already broken! :)

1360. I expect this purchase raised the price of that brick! :p

Edited by Stari89