Captain Red

[WIP] HMS Interceptor

Here the finished stern of the HMS Interceptor!

it was quite a challenge:pir-murder: to get the colourscheme right

hms.jpg

Yes, I was not very happy with the look of the Windows without Stickers...

but if it´s OK on non custom ships like the QAR why not trying:wink:!

Unbenannt.jpg

Looks good.

18 hours ago, Captain Red said:

Yes, I was not very happy with the look of the Windows without Stickers...

but if it´s OK on non custom ships like the QAR why not trying:wink:!

Unbenannt.jpg

The yellow frame looks better imo.

That looks really cool! 

I actually really like the stickers, minimum addition but brings A LOT to the model!
Personally I think the yellow frame looks the best, to give it a line of yellow, rather than it just looking like large dots of paint :)

Interesting shape. Go ahead and get yourself a Flickr, Photobucket, Imgur, etc... so you can host full size images, then link them to your posts. Doesn't really matter which service, most are free or have free options. Flickr is popular with Lego enthusiasts because it's a sharing platform, with lots of protections in place, on it's own.

Stickers on glass to make muntins, is nothing new. Lots of us have tried it, to good effect, so you're in good company. Purists will always grumble, but nuts to 'em. As you said, Lego does it themselves, so why not? RE: the image below, the yellow on yellow seems to be most like how she appeared in the movie. The black to either side are mock shutters over the yellow transom. (All I did there was "copy image location" from a right click and pasted it in the body of this reply, the site did the rest automatically :pir-wink:)

spaceout.gifspaceout.gif2ae3c1466ead3bcb0749c1e8dc27f1e2591504f6

Edited by kurigan

It is hard to make an authentic tall ship staying completely purist.:pir_laugh2: Good call on the stickers.:thumbup:

In the last post you had about HMS Interceptor you wrote that it should be a minifig scale model.

Scale models always catch my interest ... - so now I have to participate.:pir-wink:

For me, building a model starts with a lot of research.

Reliable and accurate pictures and information about HMS Interceptor are hard to find.:hmpf_bad:

On the other hand, it is quite easy to find a whole lot about Lady Washington, which filled the part as the HMS Interceptor.:sweet:

Here is a link to some line drawings for Lady Washington, and therefore also for HMS Interceptor.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-boats-general-discussion-77/11586676-free-ship-plans.html

There should be no major hassle in converting to HMS Interceptor. The colors on HMS Interceptor are somewhat simpler compared to those found on Lady Washington.

Edited by Anders T