I designed Neuschwanstein Castle in the style of the LEGO Architecture series, and it contains about 1,276 pieces.

This world famous castle is located in southern Bavaria and was built by Ludwig II (aka "The Mad King"). This Romanesque castle served as key inspiration for Walt Disney's own Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella Castles.

Let me know what you think!

49869696448_3e272ac0e7_b.jpg

49870537337_d8f73de52b_b.jpg

49873948631_ee789b8aa6_b.jpg

I don't have instructions for this build just yet, but my other instructions can be found here and on Rebrickable.com.

You did a great job turning this castle into an Architecture-style creation!  The 1x1 bricks with studs sticking out one side work surprisingly well.

Thanks for all the kind feedback! It was a definitely a fun and challenging building (with constant comparing to reference material). 

In the near future - I'll experiment with changing the foliage to represent winter and spring!  :laugh:

On 5/9/2020 at 4:19 PM, thenightman89 said:
(aka "The Mad King").

Not so mad, after all, just severely depressed. :wink: Anyway, nice model. I agree that the autumn colors make it stand out. I just have the nagging feeling that most of the towers and spires should be even taller. The castle really looks very spiky on photos.

Mylenium

Edited by Mylenium

I like that you chose small scale of your model but with enough details to make it instantly recognizable. And choise of autumn colors for trees moves it to next level - good job!