[MOC] Late Renaissance Carrack

I was bored.

v8IcVlk.jpg

7xl6Dtf.jpg

grrfrHn.png

gwhqEbn.png

hHOON9K.png

iyrvqrv.png

Not 100% satisfied with the stern. A lot of carracks appeared to utilize a transom stern, but I'm not sure it conveys all that well in lego. I might fiddle with doing a rounded stern instead, which would likely be easier, even if it would push the era back a ways:

oGtEigJ.jpg

Wow! That's outstanding ship! I really love the idea and the realisation of the bow using a viking ship piece! And the whole build has no holes and gaps which is pretty tricky thing to do!

@SteamSewnEmpire, I love that you used the alternative bow hull piece. Even if the one from the first picture does not have gun ports they fit really well! To even improve it I would recommend the steering by tiller like in the last photo. Would be awesome!

Some of the best use of pre-fab hull I have ever seen. Especially the bow works well.

-And great work bending and so forth in LDD, it is a hassle. 

I do think the masts could be altered to something else.

really nice and I do like the bow a lot!! 

Great work. I'd build it in bricks if I were you

Masts aside, every detail is just perfect. The color-scheme is great with those nice red accents, the overall shape and organic design makes you love it from every angle! Bravo :pir-huzzah2:

Firstly I want to say this is a ship style that many shy away from just due to the complicated angles.  You've done quite the job with it as it's instantly identified through a spy glass ... Ok my fist ... I can pretend. 

Secondly please build this in brick when your able as I would love to see how your design translates!

And finally congrats you've been blogged!

587322772_shortcode-blogged-cp-2019.png.7f6c90aa316196c47f28a93d475b030e(1).png.788f9ac97fbc1788f48f443b2fd73253.png

Check it out!