Didumos69

[WIP] 4WD RC Rally Car /w Dual Diagonal Drive

2 hours ago, amorti said:

I have used those before, and they have a fairly good balance of strength and efficiency. Unfortunately for us, they are best used in studfull constructions, and require a large space and some half stud offsets to work well in a studfull model. (I also got my worst ever Lego-caused injury with these gears, when I fired up a model while these gears were resting on my thigh, leading to major pinching and a mark that lasted for a long time.)

1 hour ago, amorti said:

I'm no expert in Lego PF. Wondering why to use the notably bigger XL motors if they'll be geared faster than an L motor and you're looking for the same torque from them as an L motor?

The big XL motors do have a bit more power (torque times rpm) than L motors do, but they are pretty close. XL motors are usually more efficient in slow models, it seems, because they require less gear reduction, but Ls are much smaller, and are generally more convenient to use, and are preferred in fast models, I think.

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

My favourite part of your builds is the novel use of half stud offsets, like the shock absorbers held by the engine/piston cam parts (sorry, too lazy to look up the part number).  I look forward to future updates, keep up the great work.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:55 PM, Didumos69 said:

So I decided to go all the way and use 2 Buwizz and 4 Xl motors

oh man, i was looking forward to the Control+ hubs since i got them from 42099 and 42100. They are waiting to be used.:iamded_lol: