Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[MOC] "Imperial Fort" by Paul Trach

"Imperial Fort" by Paul Trach via Fllckr

Click here to view on Flickr

Paul writes:

This model was built for the Store Showcase in Wiesbaden (Germany). I decided to build a new theme, and because I always favor to build themes from my childhood I think it was time for some Pirates. But I am also a castle builder and I found these blue-jacket soldiers in the stores figure box, so I wanted to build anything that was like the old Imperial Soldiers sets. I got my inspiration from the sets "Eldorado Fortress" (6276) and the "Armada Flagship" (6280).

Building time: 70 hours
Bricks: 24.000

Check out more of Paul's work on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/disco86/

Its a nice fort indeed, 24000 bricks? Its not looking that big, even the ship is quite small... As @SteamSewnEmpire said the ship could be improved. At least I would correct the turbulent winds around the 2nd mast :pir_tong2:

I think we should be aware that it had to fit in a glas box to show off in the Lego Store, that could be the reason for the "tiny but bulky" boat.

Posted (edited)

I feel like the ship's design is meant to be a nod to the Armada flagship, but it certainly could be improved. The fortress is excellent, though, and l think it still makes people say wow. A smaller boat would have much better accent.

Edited by Beleg the Ranger

5 minutes ago, Beleg the Ranger said:

I feel like the ship's design is meant to be a nod to the Armada

You mean the Armada Flagship because of its white hull?

image.png

On 5/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I like the fort, but the ship dramatically weakens the scene.

Ship's design aside... do you think the ship undermines the scale of the fort?  I.e. the fort would look much larger without the ship.

Yep. The white hull and blue highlights seem to echo the Armada flagship. I do think the ship undermines the scale of the fort.

On 5/14/2020 at 7:57 AM, Mister Phes said:

You mean the Armada Flagship because of its white hull?

image.png

Ship's design aside... do you think the ship undermines the scale of the fort?  I.e. the fort would look much larger without the ship.

I think the fort looks like a serious design, and the ship looks like a cartoon - basically, the fort looks like the work of an expert, and the ship a 'good first effort'