Redimus

Problem with Studio and PartDesigner.

So. I decided it was time to look into rendering my MoCs with custom prints, to get a better idea what they will look like and to help me know the prints look right before getting parts printed.

I downloaded PartDesigner. Very simple and easy. Export function is easy to find and easy to use. Cant fault it. Go into Studio and.... The parts are not there. 

And yes... I have looked in the custom parts pallet, I can read the pop up that appears.

So I close Studio. I re-open it. Nope. Close it again, make sure no processes are still running. Re-open. Still no.

Uninstall Studio, reinstall, restart PC. Nope.

Uninstall PartDesigner, reinstall, restart PC. Nope.

Wonder if I need to save the part in a specific folder for it to work. Ask a friend, he says it's in a hidden folder. Find the folder, and my custom bricks are in there. So it's not that.

I even wondered if it was an issue with me still using an older OS (Windows 7). Nope. Another mate has had the exact same problem with Windows 10.

So I'm out of ideas now. I really do need to be able to easily create and add custom print bricks, and I can't. Has anyone had this issue, and does anyone know how to fix it? Are there any work arounds?

Edited by Redimus

Can you please show your full folder structure of where you have your custom parts? Mine is:

C:\Program Files\Studio 2.0\ldraw\Custom Parts\Parts

It seems to be storing the Exported files in:
C:\Users\The Earth Mk2\AppData\Local\Stud.io\CustomParts\parts

As it doesn't seem to insist on a place to save the files, I've just put em where ever seemed easy to find at the time.

I'll see if I can drop a file in there and if that fixes the issue. What type of file is in there, .part or .dat

Had a look in the LDraw folder.
No custom parts folder in it. I tried creating one, putting the parts folder in that, and putting an example of both kinds of file. No success. Also played around with the name of the folder (no caps, no space, no caps and no space). Unsurprisingly, still no success.