Angeli

Celtic girl

Celtic girl is 10x10 mosaic I made for events
It was rebuild for a second time on Lugs United 2018 by bunch of AFOLs
Mosaic is 10x10 48x48
It is so big that actually I have to cut it sometimes during events, as the whole thing can't fit the room. Here are few pictures:
1.jpg2.jpg7.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg
6.jpg

That is astonishing *oh2* The size... whoa.

How long did it take to make it the first time? 

Wow very impressive, not just the scale, it is a pretty image too. :wink:

16 hours ago, Mencot said:

That is astonishing *oh2* The size... whoa.

How long did it take to make it the first time? 

I actualy measured :) I needed 13 minutes per one 48x48 baseplate, but it was focused, work-like building
My boys and girls needed around 30 minutes when building it relaxed, and when we had workshops, kids needed around 45  minutes, but they played abd run and laughed a lot :)

So aproximatly 15 minutes per baseplate, or 4 per hour, as there are 100 of them (10x10), it is 25 hours of intense work for one person, or one hour for 25 persons

In reality, 20 people can build it in four hours of relaxed and fun building

12 hours ago, Niku said:

Wow very impressive, not just the scale, it is a pretty image too. :wink:

Yes, the whole point was artistic touch. I have done other projects, but all were with pictures not of my choice - this is the first one I could actually choose (the amount of bricks is amazinlgy large - done with 2x2 bricks, it is (48*48)/4 = 576 2x2 bricks per baseplate, and for 100 baseplates it is 57.600 2x2 bricks

I use only five colors because of practicality - you can have extra bricks for five lots, but if I used 20 colores, I would nee to have 4 times more extra bricks - and they are expencive

As an aditional note, If I used 1x1 brick, the resolution of the picture would be 4 times better - but 1x1 bricks are just half cheaper then 2x2, meaning the whole mosaic would cost me double with it - so I lost on resolution, but I saved in finance

As a personal note, I am not into mosaics, as one (usually) just follows instructions, but when it was built, the "wow" efect was... amazing. The feeling of watching something so large buitl with your own hands, that looks so good - really fills you up with awe :)

I would recommend it to every community who has resources, it really brings members together, when making it together