Elderon Eldar

[MOC[ The Exiled Warlord

The scar on his chest stinged as he saw the dark red and dark blue flags billowing on the wind. The waves lapped at the bow of the small vessel that made its way to the pier jutting from the little piece of rock he called home. It had belonged to on of his father’s enemies and the Jarl was courteous enough to let him keep that little piece of land. The loss of his challenge against the Jarl still stung, beyond the scar that it left. It was a deep wound that carved into his soul. The exile was as if he had lost every reason to live. Gudrun seemed to have almost welcomed it. She enjoyed his company and spent most of her time reading books and singing old songs. It was almost as if she thought that him losing the challenge was the best thing that ever happened to them. But she didn’t understand. How could she? She had never gone to battle. She did not revel in the beauty, the violence and the brutality of it. And he did. And he missed it.
And here they were. Coming back to him. He saw that bastard Thorfinn grinning on the bow of the ship. As if they were close friends.
Fool.
That stupid grin could catch the blade of his axe if he did not state his business soon. The boat’s timbers banged against the pier.

“Hroar, my dear friend!” the fool bellowed, “We need to talk.”

49778954562_9869759bae_c.jpg

49778114533_6cc6a6345d_c.jpg

49778114618_da0dd2698e_c.jpg

The Exiled Warlord by Bram, on Flickr

So... It has been a while, but I'm sort of back I guess. Have not been that active the last couple of years. This is the first chapter in a series of builds for the character of Hroar, who I think is quite an interesting character. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Edited by Elderon Eldar

Lovely build.  So is Hroar the guy with the black beard and mohawk?.  The Building is quite nice, I like the tiered affect it has.  The wood and the stone looks great.  

Such a nice build! The terrain looks great, and the architecture of the fort is very well thought out : it may be small, but it's packed with details. 
The story is interesting too - I'm looking forward to more!

This is probably my favorite roofing technique. When built like this the angle of the shingles/cheese slopes is absolutely perfect, and the gently rounded corners of the cheese slopes gives such lovely but effortless detail.

Superb work @Elderon Eldar, I really like parts usage on the coned roof, and the wooden parts of the roofs. Very beautiful moc:pir-love: