23 hours ago, Coder Shah said:

Wow your magnetic sensor is very impressive! Great work!

Thank you. I hope that TLG add in the future a "generic" sensor in his PU firmware to make more simple to develop a custom sensor.

23 hours ago, Coder Shah said:

Would love to see your experiments though. Perhaps start another thread?

Yes... in the next days I open a new topic about this project.

3 hours ago, GianCann said:

Thank you. I hope that TLG add in the future a "generic" sensor in his PU firmware to make more simple to develop a custom sensor.

And an extension cable. That would make it easier/cheaper to get connectors

4 minutes ago, Tcm0 said:

And an extension cable. That would make it easier/cheaper to get connectors

Very true.

I had half a dozen of projects, five cannot be build due to short cables.
Very poor.

Two more sharp images... and we have all the names now: TRICKY, BLAST, CHARLIE, M.V.P and GELO

Edited by Alitai

8 minutes ago, Alitai said:

Two more sharp images...

Cool! At first I thought they were box pictures, but now it looks more like pages in a brochure.

Can anyone provide translations of the texts?

Something about the 6th moon is all I can read.  We probably won't see it until August in Canada.  That's usually when 2nd half releases make it to our shores.

The "6th moon" starts on July 21st 2020, which means the set will be available in August.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:17 PM, Alitai said:

新上市 = New Listing

六月 = June and not August...

3 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Something about the 6th moon is all I can read.  We probably won't see it until August in Canada.  That's usually when 2nd half releases make it to our shores.

The Chinese text translates to "new to market, June". In Chinese the character for 'moon' also means month, thus "6th month" or "June".

Tbh I like the concept but I feel that it's just a glorified SPIKE prime. The loud colors are just swapped for more neutral colors, although I'm really not a fan of the teal. Another shade of blue (e.g. dark blue or dark azure) would work better imo. The wheels also look like SPIKE prime wheels - I'd prefer typical Technic wheels but again that's just my own opinion.

Also it doesn't seem like the set has that many parts - looks less than 31313's piece count (unless those two robots only use a fraction of the pieces, ofc).

1 hour ago, JLiu15 said:

The Chinese text translates to "new to market, June". In Chinese the character for 'moon' also means month, thus "6th month" or "June".

Tbh I like the concept but I feel that it's just a glorified SPIKE prime. The loud colors are just swapped for more neutral colors, although I'm really not a fan of the teal. Another shade of blue (e.g. dark blue or dark azure) would work better imo. The wheels also look like SPIKE prime wheels - I'd prefer typical Technic wheels but again that's just my own opinion.

Also it doesn't seem like the set has that many parts - looks less than 31313's piece count (unless those two robots only use a fraction of the pieces, ofc).

They say 948 pieces.

39 minutes ago, Alitai said:

They say 948 pieces.

Nice, so more than 31313!

12 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

In Chinese the character for 'moon' also means month, thus "6th month" or "June".

The "6. moon" starts this year on July 21st, which corresponds to the information in the western world which all says "August" 

12 hours ago, JLiu15 said:

Tbh I like the concept but I feel that it's just a glorified SPIKE prime.

I dont' understand that all.

Mindstroms is the theme for the robotic systems since 20 years.
Now there is a new mindstorms system after RCX, NXT and EV3.

Obviously without a name?

And exactly the same as Spike Prime.
So why are the two identical themes and more or less sets on the market, realesed within half a year?

This also happened with the EV3: a similar home and education kit with the same hub/smart brick got released close to each other. 

It makes sense as it can be quite expensive to develop the brick and firmware. And why not re-use what you did for education in the home market?

My main issue is the simplification the new mindstorms set has gone through. It seems to be more focused on the 10-18y age group and not so much at the AFOL community.

I'm considering my options: what will 350€ buy me Lego wise: the new mindstorms set, the Liebherr digger, or... Let's see when the first review videos come out, only then I'll be able to decide if the new mindstorms set is worth the money.

23 minutes ago, GrandiJoos said:

This also happened with the EV3: a similar home and education kit with the same hub/smart brick got released close to each other. 

It makes sense as it can be quite expensive to develop the brick and firmware. And why not re-use what you did for education in the home market?

Thanks, that's a real good explanation.

23 minutes ago, GrandiJoos said:

My main issue is the simplification the new mindstorms set has gone through. It seems to be more focused on the 10-18y age group and not so much at the AFOL community.

That's may idea as well.

Short cables, battery must be loaded in the hub, that's for me two arguments not to buy.

10 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

And now for the Crimp tool.

They also have this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Lego-Education-Toy-RJ12-6Pin-Cable_62556864699.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.14.e17f33e1L8w2xp

I don't know if this is already finished on one site. We need to ask them.

Otherwise, i have no plan for how to crimp the Cables yet (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/RJ12-Crimping-tools-6P6C-Left-Lego_60805789899.html?spm=a2700.wholesale.deiletai6.1.3ea07977R9TqcV). Maybe this works or any Crimp tool should work.

Edited by Alitai

1 minute ago, Alitai said:

They also have this:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Lego-Education-Toy-RJ12-6Pin-Cable_62556864699.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.14.e17f33e1L8w2xp

I don't know if this is already finished on one site. We need to ask them.

Otherwise, i have no plan for how to crimp the Cables yet.

Yeah
Minimum 100pcs for 175usd
shipping 150 usd :damn::ugh:

12 hours ago, Lok24 said:

The "6. moon" starts this year on July 21st, which corresponds to the information in the western world which all says "August" 

It is in fact June:

1689961801_ScreenShot2020-06-07at3_19_31PM.png.a0eb9d899c48caadbf3783582af471f1.png

I'm guessing maybe the set enters the market at different times in different parts of the world? Like maybe it's already been introduced in China. For instance the 42107 set - in most countries it's released in June but in the US it's released August. I also remember in 2014 that most of the 1H Technic sets weren't released here in the US until May or August - it was pretty annoying considering it was my first full year of building Lego Technic. :sad:

I could be wrong, though.

Edited by JLiu15

On 05/06/2020 at 06:31, Lebostein said:

Oui, c'est exactement la question que j'avais (pas encore répondu): pourquoi un affichage sur le hub est-il important pour vous?

The screen of the EV3 is very nice. Personally I use it a lot as in this realization

One could have hoped for a color screen ... that is a disappointment.