Angeli

Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones is one of the ten best shows for me, one that I keep on my HDD, so it was natural choice for diorama :)
But it was hard to build something and not spoil it for visitors :)

I have choosen to present the Wall, made with magic and ice, and under it, Castle Black.
You can find John Snow in the Black keep, sharping his sword, Sam reading surrounded with books and white direwollf eyeballing some chickens :). On the other side of the ice wall, whights are preparing to attack, riding on       undead bears, stags, sbertooth tigers, mamooths (only thin gmissing are spiders large as hounds :)

The whole diorama is 2x4, aprox 1m tall
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Very nice wall.  I like castle black.  I like the blue roofs with bits of snow on them.  I liked that scene in the show with the white walkers coming from the woods.  

thank you both :)
the build is also done in a way that allows it to be disassembled and packed in boxes that are max 60cm high, so the towers are cut somewhere in the lower half, and they just "slide" in the premade holes made from other bricks:
a1.jpg

Very nice! It captures the feel of the Wall and Castle Black well without being super detailed. (That is a complement, by the way.:thumbup:)

Edited by Beleg the Ranger

On 5/10/2020 at 6:12 PM, Gunman said:

great moc Ivan :) part of a bigger exhibition?

well met, friend :)
Part of a HUGE 3000 m2 exhibit, where 95% of creations are done by Beokocka crazy team :)
to make things interesting, there is another exhibit 2500 m2 large with 100% our creations, and another one, but this one is measly small, 200 m2 :)
and from my side I have poured in 20.000 minifigsand and around 1000 48x48 baseplates, around 1.5 tons of LEGO bricks :) - I don't know for the rest, but I think around 3 tons of LEGO altogether

Imagine that :)

I think we have on those three exhibits seven world records, six unnoficial and one Guinnes Book of Records official

I think by 2025 I will (or we will) have enough funds to buy enough bricks to make the largest LEGO themed exhibit, not counting official LEGO exhibits, that they make with partners - and creativity is trough the roof, whole walls made into creations, water pumps, fire breathers, etc. I really hope it wil be one amazing show - and it is directed to AFOLs :)

On 5/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, Beleg the Ranger said:

Very nice! It captures the feel of the Wall and Castle Black well without being super detailed. (That is a complement, by the way.:thumbup:)

Thank you :)
The issue is always what bricks I have more then what I can build with them :)
I don;t consider myself an artist, my things are cool as I have many bricks, byt I find true art in creations of amazingly talented AFOLs who use only handfull of bricks - and create wonders :)

First, this build is awesome!  It really gives me the same feelings, just as watching the show.  The impassible wall, the legion sized army of white walkers.   I would love to see some close up pictures of:

John Snow in the Black keep, sharping his sword, Sam reading surrounded with books and white direwollf eyeballing some chickens :)

On 5/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, Angeli said:

I don't consider myself an artist, my things are cool as I have many bricks, but I find true art in creations of amazingly talented AFOL's who use only handful of bricks - and create wonders :)

I completely relate to this! I see the the wonders made so simply and am in awe.   I consider myself an artist in other parts of life(photography and design) but with bricks I am still learning.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:44 PM, Angeli said:

Part of a HUGE 3000 m2 exhibit, where 95% of creations are done by Beokocka crazy team :)
to make things interesting, there is another exhibit 2500 m2 large with 100% our creations, and another one, but this one is measly small, 200 m2 :)
and from my side I have poured in 20.000 minifigsand and around 1000 48x48 baseplates, around 1.5 tons of LEGO bricks :) - I don't know for the rest, but I think around 3 tons of LEGO altogether

Imagine that :)

I think we have on those three exhibits seven world records, six unnoficial and one Guinnes Book of Records official

I think by 2025 I will (or we will) have enough funds to buy enough bricks to make the largest LEGO themed exhibit, not counting official LEGO exhibits, that they make with partners - and creativity is trough the roof, whole walls made into creations, water pumps, fire breathers, etc. I really hope it wil be one amazing show - and it is directed to AFOLs :)

Thank you :)
The issue is always what bricks I have more then what I can build with them :)
I don;t consider myself an artist, my things are cool as I have many bricks, byt I find true art in creations of amazingly talented AFOLs who use only handfull of bricks - and create wonders :)

wow looking forward to it!

On 5/13/2020 at 12:44 PM, Angeli said:

Ok, I can comprehend the storage requirements for 20,000 minifigs and 1,000 baseplates. 

What I don't understand is 2,500 square meters (almost 27,000 square feet). Do you have pics?

Nice! The smoothness and absence of detail on the wall gives a sense of scale. Almost the opposite effect to, say a star destroyer, where scale is suggested by dozens of tiny pieces.