On 5/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, All_About_Lego said:

I have attempted to include as many Technic parts as possible to ensure that I comply with this competitions rules! (Hopefully!:wink:)

Just my opionion, that there are too much bricks - whole bonnet, whole trunk cover. It would be ok to create some side/edge of that bonnet from bricks, some small detail of the car. With technic bonnet maybe it won't look so good, or it will be harder to achieve that look. Yes, this is challneging, to build that with technic in this scale, but I think, that is the idea of this contest. 

There is that Ferrari F40 fully technic, f.i. in this contest, as really good example, that bricks are not needed.

54 minutes ago, ArsMan064 said:

Amazing progress! I think, everything is good with system parts. Mack anthem set is also have some system parts

Thank you! and I'm glad you think so - I guess you're right about the Mack Anthem set too!:blush:

Looking forward to seeing this in the correct colours and all stickered up :classic:

The small scale of this contest seems to drive creativity, your front hubs with both drive and steering are ingenious and rear beam suspension is different. Do the flex axles provide enough spring? It looks like a light model.

Stacked beam doors, roof, all 4 wings, I see enough technic in this to keep me happy. Post it up and let the voters decide!

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Just my opionion, that there are too much bricks - whole bonnet, whole trunk cover. It would be ok to create some side/edge of that bonnet from bricks, some small detail of the car. With technic bonnet maybe it won't look so good, or it will be harder to achieve that look. Yes, this is challneging, to build that with technic in this scale, but I think, that is the idea of this contest. 

There is that Ferrari F40 fully technic, f.i. in this contest, as really good example, that bricks are not needed.

I see where you are coming from - however I have chosen to use system pieces in those areas for specific reasons, for example - I can't really make the bonnet out of Technic pieces as all of the panels and beams are too thick, so they can't really avoid the engine and steering. I will admit that the boot of the car could probably be made out of Technic if I tried - so I may give it a go to make sure that my build complies with this competions rules.

And I agree with you about entries like that F40 - they do look great with minimal use of system bricks, but there are also entires, such as the Tatra T87 'streamline' which use quite a few system bricks and achieve a great look too.

Anyway - thank you for your advice and I will see what I can do over the next few days - hopefully I can figure out a way of using a few more Technic elements on my build!

15 minutes ago, ukbajadave said:

Looking forward to seeing this in the correct colours and all stickered up :classic:

The small scale of this contest seems to drive creativity, your front hubs with both drive and steering are ingenious and rear beam suspension is different. Do the flex axles provide enough spring? It looks like a light model.

Stacked beam doors, roof, all 4 wings, I see enough technic in this to keep me happy. Post it up and let the voters decide!

That's great to hear!

I have seen so many new and creative solutions to problems from other entrants - so I'm glad you feel the same about parts of my build. And they nearly provide enough spring - above each of the 'leaf springs' I have also used a 1x2 rubber piece to stiffen the suspension slightly.

I'm glad you think there is enough Technic - although just to be safe I think I might have a play around with some more Technic pieces soon and see what I can do!:wink:

So, as many of you have pointed out - my build may use a little to many system parts for this competition, to tackle this problem, I have redesigned the boot lid and made it completely out of Technic, as well as some other parts on the rear of the car - as shown by the photos below:

49897079056_2b00f958af_c.jpgBoot lid by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49896561388_5e956b0209_c.jpgBoot lid by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

The only part of the car which is now made entirely out of system parts is the bonnet (as Technic beams and panels are simply too thick to use here), the doors, sides, arches, roof, boot, chassis etc... use mostly Technic parts, with a few system ones placed here and there!

What do you think now?:blush:

5 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

At any cost you must keep the hot dogs :classic:

Haha:laugh_hard: - Don't worry, those sausages won't be going anywhere!

My BrickLink order arrived earlier today - so I have finally had the chance to build my Fulvia in all of the correct colours!

49898768436_af0c85397f_c.jpgCorrectly-Coloured Lancia Fulvia by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49898251918_82274e8c57_c.jpgCorrectly-Coloured Lancia Fulvia by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49898767661_8bf9b6b214_c.jpgCorrectly-Coloured Lancia Fulvia by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

- Now I just need to add some stickers and some small finishing touches before the deadline!:sweet: :thumbup:

The stickers are on! - The majority of the livery matches up to the one used on S.Munari and M.Mannucci's Lancia Fulvia Rally car in the 1972 Rallye Monte-Carlo. I say 'majority' because I have added my own touch here and there.

49900761082_49db5e57e9_c.jpgLancia Fulvia - with a rally livery! by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49899934568_1c2f5de6fc_c.jpgLancia Fulvia - with a rally livery! by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49900454066_341008dc86_c.jpgLancia Fulvia - with a rally livery! by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49899934143_fe0451a0ed_c.jpgLancia Fulvia - with a rally livery! by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

Now I just need to add to the interior and fix a few mechanical issues, and it will be done!:tongue:

Stickers really stick to the car; the only thing that is "not my cup of tea" are "stairs" around rear wheels...if only there are narrow gold rims available...the rest is great :thumbup:

21 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Stickers really stick to the car; the only thing that is "not my cup of tea" are "stairs" around rear wheels...if only there are narrow gold rims available...the rest is great :thumbup:

Thank you! And I completely agree with you about those ‘stairs’, but I couldn’t really do much else with Technic pieces, and yes, it is also a shame about those gold rims!

It's Finished! (at least until I decide to start tweaking it again!:head_back:)

Thanks a lot everyone for all of your comments and help so far!

Here are some photos:

49907785408_3f22fa5cac_c.jpgLancia Fulvia 1.6 HF Rally Car [TC18] by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49907785453_0f1ece4e11_c.jpgLancia Fulvia 1.6 HF Rally Car [TC18] by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49908373426_f2cae61e1e_c.jpgLego Lancia Fulvia 1.6 HF Rally Car by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

For me, the technic or system thing refers more to what it does than what it’s made from. A non functioning sculpture made of cigs and lift arms is far less technic than a car with working functions and clad in system. For me this Lancia is about as close to perfect in small car form as you can get. I tip my hat to you sir.

27 minutes ago, MinusAndy said:

For me, the technic or system thing refers more to what it does than what it’s made from. A non functioning sculpture made of cigs and lift arms is far less technic than a car with working functions and clad in system. For me this Lancia is about as close to perfect in small car form as you can get. I tip my hat to you sir.

Thank you very much for your comment, and I definitely agree with you about the Technic/system features of any model - and describing my build as ‘close to perfect’ means a lot to me!:laugh:

4 minutes ago, Kosmoss Lego Lab said:

Veeery cool!

Thank you!!

Hi! A few people have been interested in seeing more of the 'mechanical side' of my model - so I have taken some photos which you can see below.

49922503722_b4e9cc330b_c.jpgUnderside by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49921682893_e8b3fba04a_c.jpgInner Workings by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49922503282_26588131e2_c.jpgSteering Close-up by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49921682258_2c73730a70_c.jpgRear Suspension close-up by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

49922503072_cfb9f60b2d_c.jpgRear Suspension close-up by All.About.Lego, on Flickr

The main idea is as follows: It's front wheel drive, so there is a differential connected to the front wheels which transfers the power to the 2-speed gearbox located in-between the rear axle, that gearbox then has an output axle which connects up to a mini V4 engine up front via a few universal joints. From the photos you can also see extra things like the steering mechanism, the suspension, and the gear change mechanism (allowing you to change gear from either the inside of the car using a gear stick or a selector located in the boot of the car for easy access!)